[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Steam summer sales are coming soon, any suggestions on what I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 2849647-6803049559-27465.png (153 KB, 3050x2233) Image search: [Google]
2849647-6803049559-27465.png
153 KB, 3050x2233
Steam summer sales are coming soon, any suggestions on what I should get?
>>
Half Life 3
>>
A life
>>
DooooooooooooooM
>>
>>
>>342054160
Looks like a really good platformer
>>
Is survival evolved any good?
>>
Has anyone played "Melting Hearts:Our Love Will Grow 2"? It looks interesting but don't know if I should spend my money on it.
>>
I'm planning on getting Oblivion and Morrowind since admittedly the only Elder Scrolls game I've played so far is Skyrim, not sure what else I'll get though.
>>
File: LEGODCONFUSED.jpg (3 KB, 125x93) Image search: [Google]
LEGODCONFUSED.jpg
3 KB, 125x93
>tfw no xbox sales yet
>>
>>342057176
>using a console
>>
>>342052635
>What should I get
I don't know Anon. What kind of games do you like?

Give me a genre or 2-5 examples of games you enjoy, and I'll give you an answer.

If you're literally "Anything goes" personally I'm waiting for Distant Worlds, though I don't imagine it's for everyone.
>>
File: soon.png (34 KB, 643x488) Image search: [Google]
soon.png
34 KB, 643x488
Soon
>>
wolfenstein new order
>>
>>342058321
RPG's and Strategy games mostly and cute anime girls never hurt anyone.
>>
>>342052635
Games that you actually want for marginally above their lowest sale price from a key website.
Honestly fuck people who buy things just because they're cheap.
>>
>>342059242
Don't know about anime girls actually I'm fairly certain there's a mod for that but if you're looking to try out a mix of RPG and (Grand) Strategy, you could take a look at the demo for Crusader Kings 2.

Similar to the game I mentioned, it's not for everyone, and sometimes it involves a whole lot of waiting for things to happen, but you can get away with a lot of shit.

Example of great moments:
>Find out that the current King of Italy is a gluttonous, lustful son of a bitch that the Pope hates
>He's also the current heir to the throne of West Francia
>Orchestrate the assassination of the current king of West Francia, before he has a son who'd inherit instead
>The King of Italy who is a right bloody bastard and is hated by the Catholic church, now commands a massive plot of land.
>Ask the Pope for the right to invade his sorry ass, taking as much land from both West Francia and Italy as you can, possibly taking over both Kingdoms if you played your cards right and made the right alliances

Or:
>Play Germanic lord
>Neighbouring, larger lord decides to launch a massive invasion against a catholic country
>Wait for his war effort to be half way through, when his forces are all engaged in foreign territory and most of them are dead
>Subjugate his land
>Fuck his bitches
>Profit
>>
>>342060112
Sounds like a pretty good game I'll definitely look into it, thank you.
>>
>>342054845
The whole content of the game is grinding so that you can grind faster so that you can grind faster. Even with a handful of friends it loses it's fun factor very quickly.

Save your money, buy something else.
>>
>>342052635
Go see the sales, find something interesting, go to G2A since it'll probably be cheaper there.
>>
>>342060434
Hope you like it, but yeah definietly look into it ahead of time.

If you do decide to buy it, here's tow tips:

1) The HIP mod for it is brilliant (though keep in mind that one of the optional modules changes the map, and doesn't allow for a 769 start you'd otherwise get with the Charlamagne DLC

2) The "Crusader Kings 2 Collection" package on steam actually doesn't contain all the DLC that add extra content (though it does include all but 4). So if you want to access all the DLC, it might be cheaper to purchase them separetly, than to buy the Collection, since that includes a lot of cosmetic stuff (which is kind of nice don't get me wrong, but if you're more into it for the gameplay, there's a little tip.)
>>
I've been gaming on a toaster mode laptop for a long time and my Steam account only has older games because of it. I just built a gaming PC and got a 1440p monitor, what games should I be on the look out for to catch up on what I missed from the past few years? I already picked up the Crysis trilogy in the Origin sale.
>>
>>342052635
Some pussy.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.