[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, is this a masterpiece of a game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: uc4.jpg (186 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
uc4.jpg
186 KB, 1920x1080
Now that the dust has settled, is this a masterpiece of a game or just a good movie?
>>
>>342042787
The dust has not settled, it's still swirling in an incandescent tornado of sweaty rage and furious typing. The sheer amount of raw asshurt this game has generated has enough gravity to start nuclear fusion, a new star, born out of the chimp rage of autists on /v/

it's okay
>>
>>342042787
I liked it a lot. Probably my favorite game on PS4. I have zero interest in Souls shit.
>>
Neither
The story is ok, but the combat is trash
>>
File: whoops.webm (3 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
whoops.webm
3 MB, 1024x576
the dust wont be settled until the next console generation comes out
>>
Neither the story feels un-uncharted, story feels half assed just to give Troy Baker another job, tone is all over. The gameplay is better than previous games, though implementation is sloppy. Grappling hook is cool but underutilized. Climbing feels more responsive, which is good because about 50% of the game is climbing. Shooting feels great but every encounter wasn't thought out so there's no fun, it's a chore, and can be frustrating (I played on crushing). Cover based shooter where every encounter has barely any cover, they removed grenade throwback and they spam grenades like crazy in this game. In a way it feels like The Order 1886, made a movie then added some shooting as an afterthought. Really the best parts are the graphics and acting.... As far as the core adventure this was by far the most boring. Neil Druckman was a mistake.
>>
>>342042787
Good movie. I watched my roommate play through literally the whole game and while I was completely invested in the story, I knew I would have found so many of the gameplay segments so fucking boring
>>
File: trapped.webm (3 MB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
trapped.webm
3 MB, 768x432
>>342044678
>>342045461
the combat is only as good as the person who's controlling it
>>
the music is really good. Its hard to hear it in-game because the gunshots and explosions are so loud, but you can turn the volumes for those down.
https://youtu.be/cMbJxZWAzuA?t=367
https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1465544635361.webm
>>
>>342042787
as someone who actually played it and isnt a memeshitposter,

HOLY FUCK THE BLUR

you move the camera slightly? BLUR

if there was one word thats what it would be to define this game.
>>
>>342048431
>that music during the firefight when you're rescusing Sam in the Shipyard

Reminded me of Pirates of the Caribbean. Got me hype when I was swinging everywhere.
>>
>May's flavor of the month game

Even Battleborn gets more threads. Also laggy animation, framepacing is shit and the game has way too many hard framedrops later in the game (ND knew what they were doing by keeping the early game relatively smooth). It was dull and at the end of the year, everyone will be going back and saying how hard they overrated it.
>>
>>342048627
It sucks that motion blur bothers you, because this game has one of the most realistic looking implementations of it I've yet seen
>>
Good movie. I wish it just a movie.
>>
File: camera.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
camera.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>342049874
the only people who say this are people who just watched someone else play. Just being able to control the camera alone makes it a totally different experience, and you can take a variety of approaches to the combat for each encounter. To be successful you must adapt to changing conditions during the fight. A lot of people try to just do peek-a-boo from cover and then complain when their cover is destroyed and the enemy keeps flanking them and grenading them.

>>342049110
/v/ just hates uncharted period. Also what laggy animations?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.