[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If he the only long-time Nintendon veteran that's not actively
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: eiji-aonuma.jpg (542 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
eiji-aonuma.jpg
542 KB, 1280x720
If he the only long-time Nintendon veteran that's not actively harming the company right now?
>>
>>342041364
Nintendo is dieing anyway.
>>
He's done the most right and gets the most shit. It's unreal.
>>
>>342041584
>Took the most acclaimed franchise of its time
>Turns it into a grass cutting simulator that has to rely on a niche fanbase that only buys it because it has Zelda in the title
>As the company dies makes a last ditch effort to turn the franchise into Skyrim

Aonuma doing things right, gud1m8
>>
>>342041364
Why are people pretending Aonuma wasn't always the only guy at Nintendo to care about the fans and listen to feedback?
>WW is kiddie shit, I just want OoT, but bigger and darker!
>Done, heres TP.
>Why is the world so fucking big and empty? I want it full of things to do like the dungeons!
>Done, heres SS.
>The game is too fucking linear and I hate the gimmick controls and handholding!
>Done, heres ALBW and BotW.
Can you imagine Miyamoto having this much humility?
>>
File: VHM0tH7.png (113 KB, 754x523) Image search: [Google]
VHM0tH7.png
113 KB, 754x523
>>342042741
>>
File: 1462908839179.jpg (36 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1462908839179.jpg
36 KB, 400x400
>>342042050
>niche fanbase
lol
>>
>>342042050
?
TP and the DS games are the best selling in the franchise.
>>
>>342042982
To paraphrase Iwata, short term profits aren't worth sacrificing consumer trust for
>>
>>342043284
???
They were all critically successful, and people even bought ST after PH so they clearly wanted more.
>>
>>342041364
He's probably done the most harm to one franchise ever and that's including Other M
>>
>>342043629
>critically successful
Critics and fans aren't always on the same page

Other M and Sticker Star are both still in the green on Metacritic
>>
>>342043629
Zelda remains critically successful for the same reason all AAA games are critically successful, and ST sales weren't that impressive when you consider attachment rate
>>
>>342043629
Thing is Spirit Tracks while it dropped any overworld exploration was a huge step up from the garbage that was Phantom Hourglass
>>
>>342044095
And both have roughly 20 points less than other games in their franchises, which is not the case for TP and SS.
>>
>>342042050
Zelda is a grass cutting simulator dumass
>>
>>342044729
That's because Aonuma has had the series for more than half of its life, so these "other games" in the franchise were also made by him. TP however had to be redone because Miyamoto realized it was going to be shit if he let Aonuma take his course, while SS has an 8.0 userscore which isn't exactly spectacular
>>
>>342044095
Butthurt faggots on /v/ and GameFAQs don't constitute a fanbase.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.