[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uncharted 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (225 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
225 KB, 1280x720
Is there actually any point in playing the Uncharted games? The shooting sections are mediocre at best and the platforming sections can be literally played with one hand. The only reason people actually talk about the series are the characters and the setpieces and not the gameplay itself. Should Uncharted just have been a movie or t.v. series instead if the gameplay is so lackluster?

https://youtu.be/xnlDwEZkidI?t=2m24s
>>
Don't worry, PCuck, you'll get some games to play eventually. Like um... Uh... Minecraft? Have fun with that lol

Check my 5
>>
>>342038979
Cool opinion bro.
>>
>>342039119
That's not a 5 check it
>>
Not if you're looking for deep gameplay.
But it's a fine series if you want some casual gaming.
>>
>>342038979
yes, did the same for witcher 3, both great movies/tv series
>>
>>342039246
Nice/ checjmk my 7script//-#+(five)

I hacked 4chan . this should give me 5
>>
>>342038979
I'm going through the beginning of 4 right now and it is an utter disappointment gameplay-wise. 1 and 2 (I honestly don't remember shit about 3) got you to the actual gameplay parts much quicker if I remember correctly and they seem way less scripted. 4 so far is literally climbing, forced slow walking, shitty gimmicks like hooking up crates underwatter and story. I am enjoying the story though. Tell me if it gets better, I'm at the part where I'm stealing the cross in an auction
>>
>>342038979
They are literally interactive Indiana Jones movies. I don't understand why anyone would have a problem with this.
>>
>>342038979
Not really.

This sums it up perfectly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnlDwEZkidI
>>
>>342039615
It does get better. You're almost there. The beginning has no gameplay.
>>
>>342039724
So basically it's The Order 1886
>>
>>342039820
Thank you, I'll keep pushing through
>>
>>342038979
No, it shouldn't have been a movie. The stories and characters are nothing special. You've seen them all before. You're better off just watching Indiana Jones movies. The only reason the Uncharted games are good is that you control them. I don't know why there's all this talk about making an Uncharted movie. The first game is just a way more generic version of Raiders of the Lost Ark.
>>
File: 1462836799792.jpg (215 KB, 558x845) Image search: [Google]
1462836799792.jpg
215 KB, 558x845
>>342038979
You fucking WISH you could enjoy this cinematic experience, PCuck! Fucking go back to your Undertales!!!
>>
>>342038979
>platforming sections can be literally played with one hand
that's definitely not true
but they are basically "setpiece games". at their times, uncharted 1 and 2 were quite impressive but now they are really, really lacking imo. they didn't age very well at all, funny enough. if you want to play some kind of indiana jones adventure, that's uncharted

>>342039615
where you're at is around the time the game begins to pick up, everything before the auction was basically a long prologue
>>
>>342039615
Yeah, you're about where the actual gameplay starts. It's worth getting through I think. The grappling hook is fun.
>>
Name a better TPS that came out in the last 3 years. The shooting segments are fun as fuck if you are mobile
>>
>>342039615
it gets better but not by a huge margin.

most of the game is climbing.
>>
>>342040160
Most of the game is excellent
>>
>>342040063
https://youtu.be/xnlDwEZkidI?t=2m24s

Go to 2:24. Rich is literally doing the platforming with one hand. And Jack did a long jump from a standing position without a running start. The game literally does the platforming for you. What's the point of even playing this game?
>>
>>342038979
I think it has this nice Tomb Raider I + II feeling to it, before it went down the drain with Tomb Raider III and above
>>
>>342038979
So this is what videogames are like when you don't go into them knowing that they will surely be the second coming of Christ? No wonder the enthusiast press gives every functional game an 8 or higher.
>>
Uncharted 4 is the worst game that I've played in a very long time. The story, characters and a few of the set pieces were fun but the rest of the game was miserable to get through.
>>
File: Indiana Jr & Sr.gif (386 KB, 300x130) Image search: [Google]
Indiana Jr & Sr.gif
386 KB, 300x130
>>342038979
Personally I find the draw of the Uncharted games to be the set pieces and the adventure itself.

It feels like a modern times Indiana Jones game.

The gameplay itself isn't going to blow you away, but its a bit of a jack of all trades when it comes to platforming, gunplay, puzzles, etc, but masters none of them.

Still, I find them incredibly entertaining and I'm not a huge fan of "cinematic" games to begin with.
>>
>>342040243
2 was better honestly.

4 is more story than gameplay. LOTS of climbing and sliding and grapple hooks.

there aren't as many shootouts either.
>>
>>342039976
yeah exactly.
they aren't unique conceptually. of course, the title says it all, "uncharted".
"this game is about adventure" is pretty much all it means, and that's the single basic idea the games are completely centered around. they're basically just elaborations on that generic theme.

>>342040251
well, i thought it would be more unwieldy to do that
still, it's moving and jumping
if one can comfortably play uc4's platforming one-handed, then they could play any third person game one-handed in regard to platforming sections
like that's not a big negative. the game being boring to the point of not caring to use both hands would be though
>>
>>342040703
I could have stood some more shootouts. The stories in the games serve their function well, but I wouldn't watch a movie of one. They aren't that good.
>>
>>342038979
I'm a total fanboy of Naughty Gods, and a total sonypony, in my top 5 all favorite games is TLOU. I've played all Uncharted games, i think their studio is genius.

But god Uncharted 4 sucks, i cannot even finish it. I appreciate what they've done right, but jesus fucking christ just let my hand go, it doesn't even feel like i'm playing.

I hope TLOU2 will go in completely, and i mean completely different direction than U4.
>>
>>342042152
Why do you hate it so much? I didn't like it as much as 2 and maybe 3, but I thought it was better than 1.
>>
>>342038979
Is there any point playing uncharted?

If you like them, sure.
>>
>>342042407
I think the downtime sections are dragged a lot, i understand they were trying to make you feel the adventure, and get to know Nates brother by dialogue in-game, but it didn't work for me.

The pacing is completely fucked, in TLOU the pacing was perfect, in U4, which should be balls deep in action, but we get, maybe, 20 real encounters in the game, of which only a few are intense.

Then the gameplay and AI... it didn't work i'm sorry it just isn't "tight". It's very loose, very girly if you know what i mean. The damage is too high to have a good gameplay sequence, and when you go on easy it's like you're not playing at all.

Hard to describe but in NONE of the encounters i've felt that i've won.

I've always felt that the game made me the winner, so i could go... on?
>>
>>342038979
They are very exciting games and at no point while playing would playing with one hand feel like a good idea. Also the story and characters are pretty cool, get the PS4 compilation of the first 3 games and play them at your leisure. 2 and 4 are the best but my god 4 absolutely looks the best, it's just plain gorgeous, story also has the most depth.
>>
>>342043457
I haven't played TLOU yet, I didn't have a PS3, I skipped a generation, but I guess I feel you. There should have been more shootouts, definitely. I felt there was usually enough challenge when you were actually shooting. The action set pieces are the best part of any Uncharted game, and there were fewer of those, I thought too.
>>
>>342039615
it's going to pick up right after the cross gets stolen... until the end of the chapter.

Scotland is mostly boring for those who want action since it's mostly platforming and puzzles, though there are still enemies throughout it. It's near the end of Scotland that it started getting good though.
>>
>>342038979
It's good for a one (1) night Redbox rental - enough to get to The One Big Setpiece. Everything else is filler.
>>
>>342038979
Eh, I had fun with it. Played it with room mate passing controller n such. It was a good experience but yes the game play was nothing special, enjoyed it regardless. I don't feel a 12 hour game is worth $60 tho.
>>
>>342043476
Felt as deep as a puddle.
>>
>>342045662
Felt as deep as your mother vagine brah (very deep)
>>
>>342039816
Jesus fucking Christ... can a game be really this boring? I mean I'm watching this and if that's "high octane action", then I'm speechless
>>
>>342043476
>Uncharted
>Deep story
Pick one
>>
>>342038979
Just play number 2, it's pretty good.

Every other one is shit, especially 4.
>>
>>342038979
>The shooting sections are mediocre
It's fun enough
>the platforming sections can be literally played with one hand
Unless you're playing the handicapped mode, the platforming sections with one hand would be like playing twister.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.