[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dying Light
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
This is one of the best AAA games of all time.
>>
It's one of the better games to come out, yeah
>>
Yeah it's criminally underrated but it's a bit padded out and could be about 8 hours shorter.
>>
>>342035004
i always liked dead island more. something about how you cut up the zombies seemed more fun
>>
It was fun but not one of the best, it's just not memorable.
>>
Can it be actually called an AAA game?

Anyhoo, yea it gud.
>>
>>342036509

It's nostalgia talking, Dying Light is superior to Dead Island in every single way.
>>
No, the item collection gets old after a while. It's good but quit being an exaggerating sperg.
>>
>>342036627
>Can it be actually called an AAA game?
Why would it not be?
>>
the following is entirely filler
the core game is pretty fucking neat though, but it needed to be more fleshed out, it doesn't actually feel like survival unless you're doing night runs
>>
>>342036805
Techland and AAA don't really go together in my mind. Maybe it's just me though.
>>
I was pretty good while it lasted. Could never play it again though.
>>
>>342036879
dude nightruns were the fucking best, so fucking scary holy shit especially on hard
>>
>>342036509
Dying Light was better because it tuned down the RPG and tuned up the survival.
If only it got rid of the RPG parts of the combat completely. Imagine a skilltree system with actual fun, imaginative perks instead of 10% more damage
>>
>>342036946
I don't think you know what AAA means.
>>
>>342036780
It's one of those games where you gotta make it enjoyable. The best time I had with it was when me and my buddy ran out of firecrackers and medkits, so we had to do looting runs on vans, drugstores and houses. Fast hit and runs where the other guy just barely keeps the volatiles away until the other one is done lockpicking or looting. Really wish just one guy could take loot and quest rewards tho
>>
>>342037134
Can you define it?

What makes a game AAA?
>>
>gunfire backfiring is now more dynamic than spawning two runners per shot. Even spawning 4-10 runners is enough
>Don't make the combat RPG based. Make weapons break much faster, but make them do about the same amount of damage
>zombies now kill with 1-4 hits but die with the same amount aswell
>vendors now trade every item for another specific item, will never sell more than 10 ammo, which is very expensive
>human enemies drop 10 ammo max, but have that amount of ammo before going melee. Have pretty much aimbot
>firecrackers dont transfer aggro
>Either make going off the rooftops worth it, or make some volatiles spawn on the rooftops during the day
>actually put some effort into the skilltree, so you unlock small gimmicks and features instead of stats
>melee vs human AI is GOAT if you just add variety to their moves and make groups attack at once instead of one at a time
>NO SEWER LEVEL
Anything else to make the game GOAT?
>>
i could barely deal with the last level

i was getting a fucking panic attack because of the heights
>>
>>342038076
"A AAA game, or pronounced "triple-A game", is generally a title developed by a large studio, funded by a massive budget.

These games will have a marketing budget in the multiple-millions of dollars, and are planned to earn out in excess of one million titles sold. Investors/publishers expect a multiple-of-cost return on their investment. In order to recoup general development costs, publishers will generally produce the title for the major platforms (currently Xbox 360, PS3, and PC) to maximize profits, unless it is a console exclusive, in which case the console maker will pay for exclusivity to offset the loss of potential profit to the developer."
>>
>>342038076
It's a high-budget developed game.
A lot of money goes into the creation of the game and has a higher marketing budget.
It's made with the intent to be sold to as many people as possible.
>>
is this game fun on co op
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.