[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to murder your hype like a bum behind a dumpster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: TegraX1.jpg (220 KB, 700x434) Image search: [Google]
TegraX1.jpg
220 KB, 700x434
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhl5sk9i6Mk
>>
>>342032124
>NX
>we want quality over quantity
>no specifics on NX's power

While having quality games is a good in all cases if it's underpowered to the Bone and PS4 it might as well be dead on arrival. Third parties aren't going to bend over backwards again to dumb done games for Nintendo's console. And how many MAIN titles does Nintendo pump out a year? 2-3?
>>
>we need third party support to survive!
>but fuck third party support

These dumb Japs are doing it again.
>>
File: 1465811937812.jpg (73 KB, 479x457) Image search: [Google]
1465811937812.jpg
73 KB, 479x457
>he had to bring "muh blue ocean" yet again
Jesus Christ, we fucking get it, you are using blue ocean strategy, stop fucking hammering this marketing buzzword into us
>>
>>342032546
>And how many MAIN titles does Nintendo pump out a year? 2-3?
Exactly. Nintendo, even if their consoles are underpowered, are still targeting games with budgets into the millions of dollars. There's a limit to how much they can put out on their own.
>>
>>342033197
We get it. Most people don't. Most of my normie friends still think that Nintendo is trying to actively compete with Sony and just "don't make good hardware".
>>
>>342032124
>YouTube video quality dropped to 240p when he said "it's not about the specs"
I thought that shit was scripted for a minute
>>
>>342034073
I understand their position and agree on the notion that Nintendo is less likely to survive by copying their competitors, I do not think that this will end up well, considering that their pricing strategies.
>>
>>342034073
It isn't really clear who Nintendo is trying to compete with. They are getting tossed out of the portable market on their ear by iOS/Android smartphones. They sold the Seattle Mariners to start making movies. Reggie is bleating on about being a "content" company, yet four generations in a row they are still dealing with long droughts on their consoles -- and if they are such a "content" company, why are they trying to sell me hardware too? Oh, right. Selling your content on another platform means you pay royalties, not collect them.
>>
>>342034739
>It isn't really clear who Nintendo is trying to compete with
So you literally have no fucking clue what blue ocean strategy is?
>>
>>342034993
I do not believe their ocean is that blue anymore
>>
If it's not about the specs then why does the Wii U have better hardware than the Wii and the N3DS better than the 3DS?

It's always about the specs. Better specs = more freedom for devs to build what they want
>>
I wasn't hyped for this shit for a minute.

Nintendo is trash. It's just not worth it to buy their shitty, always underpowered consoles for the minimal first party releases. It's so inefficient, so decadent for the people who do it. It rubs me the wrong way.

I feel nearly the same way about all consoles, though the other two try a little harder to be a no fuss open platform for games, and set industry standards, which has a place in the market.
>>
>>342034993
Only blue ocean I see left for them is out of the game industry doing something completely unrelated to what the overwhelming majority of their workforce is trained for.
>>
>>342034739
>yet four generations in a row they are still dealing with long droughts on their consoles
Nintendo pumps out more games than any other company does, bar none. The issue is that no matter how fast one company pumps out games, they can never create an entire console library on their own. It's just not possible. Honestly, that's half of why I'm expecting that the NX is a hybrid console - it effectively lets them double their game output.

The real problem is, as always, 3rd parties. Nintendo is a content company, but nobody else wants to provide content for their console.
>>
>>342032124
That has been Nintendo's design philosophy since the eighties. It's worked for them in the past too, look at the Game Boy vs. the Game Gear and Lynx. Sure the GB was outclassed by its competition, but the GB had the largest library and the better games.
>>
>>342034993
Are you defending it?

"Blue Ocean Strategy" for Nintendo is just, "Accept Inferiority Strategy." They see that everyone is better at doing what they want to do, so just stop trying and hope it works out.
>>
>>342035859
It really didn't have better games. The best library for a portable was the Turbo Express because it could play actual PC-Engine titles, but it bombed totally.
>>
>>342035946
>Are you defending it?
Lmfao. You're pathetic. I never took a stance I said one thing.
I love Americans. You say something and they assume it must mean you're taking a stance, and in America if you take a stance everything is opposition to it.
I never said it was good dumb faggot, literally learn to read.
>>
>>342035417
The only blue ocean I see is the congregation of you pathetic lives.
Why do you people feel a need to oppose anything that could slightly resemble the opposite of your beliefs. Even when no foundation of a belief or opinion is to be found.
Please kys.
>>
>>342035946
>"Blue Ocean Strategy" for Nintendo is just, "Accept Inferiority Strategy."
It works well for them in the handheld market

>they're losing the handheld market to phones!!!
Yeah, but it still works well for them in the handheld market. Nintendo makes massive amounts of money off of their handhelds without needing to directly compete with Sony at all. They offer an interesting, low-cost experience and they make money.
>>
>>342036678
Anon do not explain anything, they will assume you are taking a stance.
>>
>>342036751
Now you do taking a stance
>>
>>342036548
>Please kiss you softly.
k-kyaa~~
>>
>>342036340
America loves you too
>>
>>342036340
Alright, well I'm not going to generalize you to a particular nationality or ethnic group, but you, sir, in particular are a an abrasive and belligerizing little shit.

You could have just answered the question. No, you're not defending the strategy.

Since you're not defending the strategy, why get so hot and bothered over my negative analysis of it? Why even bother throwing this secondary-schooler hissy fit?
>>
I hope the NX fails so that Nintendo can finally be put to rest. That's when they'll have to sell off all their assets including all their renowned franchises.

The dream is that someday Zelda will be playable on all platforms including PC.
>>
this is probably the end of the nintendo console and when sony goes bankrupt the Japanese will be at the whim of the US and China
>>
>>342036337
How would you describe the overwhelming success of the Game Boy then? Even before Pokemon became a worldwide phenomena, the Game Boy was still selling leaps and bounds ahead of the Game Gear.
>>
>>342037236
Why do you think you are so intellectually superior that you can analyze my own words, incorrectly, for me?
Only an American would assume their ideas and opinions are inherently correct or superior.
>>
File: 251.png (4 KB, 323x197) Image search: [Google]
251.png
4 KB, 323x197
>red ocean = neo and scorpio
>blue ocean = ps4,xbone and nx

why are people so mad about this? save your rage for the reveal.
>>
>>342037405
The console market will probably follow Android's lead with Sony & Microsoft (And possibly a 3rd once Nintendo collapses) to unite under a single OS. Chances are it'll probably be Windows 10 unless Android picks up momentum and begins supporting AAA titles in their marketplace.
>>
I don't understand nintendo.

It's not like good specs cost a lot of money. This isn't 2005.

You can get really good APUs for extremely cheap.
>>
>>342037703
but you can get bad ones for even cheaper

ninty has gone full jew
>>
Why does the Wii U still cost as much as the Xbox One?
>>
>>342032124
>for us, it's about content
>only 1 game announced
What?
>>
>>342037496
I don't get your angle. You say you're not defending the strategy, but you are. And you're complaining that I think I'm right, by asserting that you think you're right. Such is the nature of argumentation. And, again, this conflict and complaint wouldn't exist if you yourself didn't exhibit all the qualities you say I do.

You need to pull back on your view of the situation.
>>
>They relied on Smash DLC for the extra dosh
>Rely on Splatoon
>Sponsor Smash tournaments for the first time ever, they get some money out of that, too
>NX comes up
>"MUH ZELDA SO GOOD, PEOPLE LIKE IT"
>Relying on a single player game to carry your brand new console for more than a month

This is why this company needs to fuck off. At some point, even nostalgiafags have to admit that Nintendo has fucking lost it. One decent-looking game cannot carry your entire fucking game company. They could probably make more money by just selling more miscellaneous merchandise like keychains and plushies.

What a fucking shitshow. They got up there with Capcom for me, and they're the kings of DLC exploitation and garbage decisions.
>>
>>342032124
top fucking lel. NX confirmed for Android set-top box. Nintendo is literally making an Ouya.
>>
>>342037436
I would describe it as overwhelming success. It had a lot going for it - price, marketing, battery life, tremendously successful home counterpart.

It's just game for game, the PC-Engine had a better library than the Gameboy. It doesn't mean the Gameboy was bad. I'm just taking issue with your assertion that the Gameboy had the "best" library. It didn't.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.