[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember Me Any Good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: Remember_Me_Promo_Art.jpg (470 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Remember_Me_Promo_Art.jpg
470 KB, 1920x1080
It's on sale for 80% off on Steam so I'm debating about it
>>
>>342027639
I don't remember
>>
Don't bother.

The combat is pretty meh, the story is predictable, the only unique gimmick the game has is used maybe 3-4 times, and the levels are painfully linear.

The only saving grace is that the game world looks nice and has some interesting lore, but both are hampered by corridor-style levels and a complete lack of interactivity with the world.
>>
It's pretty to look at. The combat is shit. Some of the memory bits have potential but are generally mediocre. And it's short.
>>
>>342027798
kek
>>
>>342027639
I'd say it's worth it at this price. Prepare to never have a sequel, though. Too bad, I liked the premise.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 1157x772) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 1157x772
>>342027798
>>
>Remember Me
>literally no one does
>>
I liked it, 80% off is worth it
>>
its good but has some glaring flaws
>>
>>342027639
it was mediocre. Felt half finished. Story is stupid.
>>
>>342029419
>Story is stupid.
No, you're stupid.
>>
about the only thing i liked about it was turning off the soundtrack and exploring the paris environments
>>
>>342027639
It's incredibly forgettable. It had a half-decent story, but the gameplay, mediocre dialogue, and Capcom's special brand of incredibly Japanesey and exaggerated character animations killed it for me.
>>
>>342029559
I'd argue that it's not an either or proposition. I'd argue that both are equally stupid.
>>
File: 1465872120072.jpg (80 KB, 858x694) Image search: [Google]
1465872120072.jpg
80 KB, 858x694
>>342027798
once again first post best post
>>
fairly mediocre. great visuals and soundtrack with a few interesting gameplay moments here and there and its a solid 10hour story mode, but also has a shitty story, mediocre writing and VO, boring combat and painfully linear level design and platforming that makes uncharted look brilliant.
>>
At this cut I say go for it, unless you're a massive poorfag and that amount would actually impact your budget. It's a pretty forgettable game, combat's kinda meh, the actually good and innovative mechanic is used only 4 times, it's very linear, plot's too self absorbed in setting up epic twists shiamalan style to make sense and the main character is pretty retarded. But it looks really nice in that modern clean rectangular way, the memory mechanic is genuinely cool and interesting and despite being very meh in total it never really becomes a chore.
>>
File: remember%20me%20-%20image_12.jpg (2 MB, 2160x1080) Image search: [Google]
remember%20me%20-%20image_12.jpg
2 MB, 2160x1080
Design is fantastic. If you creamed yourself with Mirror's Edge, this is the next step.

Music is beautiful.

And story is pretty good but there's a lot of side reading to get most of it. setting is decently written and characters are likable.

But gameplay is ass. It's just a crappy beat'em up. Title was supposed to be a stealth game but Crapcom said no and raped it.
>>
>>342030974
>characters are likable
Between a mother who's willing to sent her daughter to prison for misbehaving in a car, guy who disregarded his family to sit in a room looking at a big cpu, and giant AI that basically starts up massive shit with lots of dead people just so this particular chick could come and kill him who the hell was likable there?
And don't even try to bring up main heroine, right in the first mission that bitch performs an action most movie supervillains would consider too fucked up.
>>
>>342030974
If you creamed yourself with the design in Mirror's Edge, you'd probably shit yourself from the design in Remember Me. Mirror's Edge has clean, sharp environments; everything in Remember Me looks like the inside of a kleptomaniac hobo's anus with how cluttered the environment is.
>>
>>342027639
Good game overall, definitely worth the current discounted price.
>>
File: 1375836754042.jpg (19 KB, 422x443) Image search: [Google]
1375836754042.jpg
19 KB, 422x443
>>342027639
It's a really cool idea in terms of the world-building but just about everything in it is executed in a way that's extraordinarily mediocre. That's why it's, ironically, such an unmemorable title.

Still, for 6 bucks, it is worth playing at least once to experience the world and look at brown booty. It's also more enjoyable if you're just a fan of cyberpunk settings, I'd say.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.