[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best portable concole? PSP/Vita/Nintendo 3DS/DS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: PSP-2000.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
PSP-2000.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
What is the best portable concole?
PSP/Vita/Nintendo 3DS/DS
>>
PSP if you can hack it.

3DS for the library.

Vita if the majority of what you play is dungeon crawlers and niche RPGs.
>>
>>342016983
>PSP
>if you can hack it
who in their fucking mind hasnt already done so?
>>
3ds or just use your phone as an emulator if you can run that shit.
>>
>>342016983
>download flash
>run flash on PSP
how is that hacking?
>>
N3DS with Luma3DS and AL9H, with an r4i flashcart in the slot
>>
>>342016983

>if you can hack it

If you blink at the PSP, it practically hacks itself.

>>342016291
To answer the question:

PSP and N3DS are equals.

You get every handheld from GBA and before on both, and you get Genesis and NES on both as well.

PSP gives you access to PSOne and PSP libraries. Both have games worth playing.
N3DS gives you access to SNES and 3DS libraries. Only SNES has games worth playing, but some of those games are literally among the best games ever.

If N3DS gave you access to (pirateable without a flash cart) DS games, or if it had games worth playing at all, it'd be the best.

As is, they tie.
>>
>>342018038
They are complementary
>>
what about nvidia shield?
its not console but as I have seen its quite good for gaming on the go
>>
Vita is you want dungeon RPGs and a large part of the psp/ps1 libraries.

3ds if you hack it and fill it with loads of 3ds and ds games.

mobile phone if you emulate a bunch of shit and buy one of those gay ass controllers
>>
OP here
is there (apart from size) any difference between 3DS and 3DS XL?
>>
PSP is undeniably the biggest bang for your buck
>>
>>342018891
is there a way to hack vita on newest sw?
>>
>>342018956
Battery life iirc
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (71 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
71 KB, 1280x720
>>342018583
Chances are no one will bother with these kinds of "handhelds" anon. That being said, I got a JXD tablet (RIP bloated chinese battery) and hot damn was it a ride. You can perfectly emulate anything portable up to the PSP and any console up to the dreamcast

It didn't have the neat stuff the shield has like HL2, talos principle and etcetera but hey, it's a beast of an emulator machine that also supports android games so what the hel
>>
>>342018038
You can play SNES, genesis, GBA, GB and ps1 on the PSP. It completely btfos the 3ds.
>>
Well the 3DS has access to the entirety of the Nintendo handheld library.
>>
>>342018956
Xl has better screen technology(view angle)
Better pads
But it has inferior sound
>>
File: welp.png (8 KB, 527x440) Image search: [Google]
welp.png
8 KB, 527x440
>>342018956
battery life and touch screen sensitivity

The old 3DS (or mine at least) has some odd issues with touch controls where the further away from the middle of the bottom screen you tap, the further off the actual touch command will go, pic related. The XL doesn't have that
>>
OP here
I guess I will get PSP
Which version you recommend?
1000/2000/3000/e-1000
Or should I travel around the world and hope I will find someone selling PSP go?
>>
>>342020402
3000 + extra battery
>>
DS>PSP>3DS>GBA>Vita>GB/C>Anything else
>>
>>342020402
I personally like the Go, and I've owned every model of the PSP. You can find them on eBay relatively easy.
>>
>>342019391

I sorry, you can play Kirby's Dream Land 3, FFVI, DKC2, MMX, Terranigma, Yoshi's Island, or any other decent SNES game on the PSP at 100% accuracy and speed?

Since when? What's that? Since you started talking out your ass? I fucking thought so.

Seriously though, PSP SNES emulation is super poor, and it hasn't gotten any better for about 4 years now (it's at the point where it can't). N3DS SNES emulation is perfect. If it weren't for that, I agree, the PSP would be better, but it simply can't play SNES games accurately.
>>
Whats the difference between Nintendo DS and DSi?
>>
>>342016291
best games psp
best hardware vita
>>
>>342022451

DS can play GBA games, DSi can play DS Shop games (but it shut down, so you can't buy them anymore).
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.