[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Missed Opportunities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: Nick-the-Human.jpg (94 KB, 870x489) Image search: [Google]
Nick-the-Human.jpg
94 KB, 870x489
>There was never a Salem-esque synth trial quest
>>
>>341999069
because the devs know you are just gonna shoot the suspect, check the body and then save scum.

Also wasn't it a sub quest for far harbor with katsumi?
>>
>>341999283
The suspects will be essential NPCs like every character in the game
>>
>>341999069
The part where you enter the mind of the guy who killed your senpai, once you exit, Valentine's personality for a brief moment is overridden, zero follow up on that one.

Fallout 4's in general could be summed up as a "missed opportunity".
>>
>no Armitage III-inspired sidequest involving a rogue Courser and her family
>>
>>341999820
That bothered me too
>>
File: Institute_outfit_concept_art.jpg (712 KB, 2177x900) Image search: [Google]
Institute_outfit_concept_art.jpg
712 KB, 2177x900
The Institute was literally "Missed Opportunity: The Faction"

Should have had more mad science and cyberpunk elements, but all we got was a one-room "city," 3D-printed people, crappy toy lasers and safespaces.
>>
So why did they kill everyone in that vault anyway?
>>
>>342002081
Plot convenience, duh.
>>
>>342002417
No I mean, what was the in-story reason?
>>
>>342002512
dunno if they explained it. kellog did it anyway, he was a fuckup.

when you talk with the synth guy in far harbor he hints you may be a synth too. it could be that kellog fucked up and didn't restore the systems right, which killed everyone.

and then shaun made a synth player and synth himself in a gamble to continue his legacy, set up fake prewar memories, restored one pod and set the events in motion.
>>
File: Fo4_Shaun_adult.png (164 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
Fo4_Shaun_adult.png
164 KB, 340x340
>>342001792
B-B-B-BUT HUMANITY REDEFINED!
BTW I CANCELED THE CYBERNETICS PROGRAM BECAUSE ???
MAKING CLONE SLAVES THAT DON'T WANT TO BE SLAVES INSTEAD OF USING ROBOTS THAT ARE FINE WITH IT IS CLEARY THE BETTER CHOICE
HUMANITY REDEFINED!
>>
File: Cut Institute weapons.jpg (1 MB, 1536x2044) Image search: [Google]
Cut Institute weapons.jpg
1 MB, 1536x2044
>>
>>342003714
>Our firing and reloading animations needed to be shared with the standard laser set

That's retarded.
>>
>>342003915
that's standard for lazy developers like bethesda.
>>
>>341999069
>there was never a good quest
ftfy
>>
>>341999069
The whole game is missed opportunities and wasted potential.
>>
>>342003714
>5 years in development
>>
>>342003714
for having 200 years of uninterrupted research and development, the Institute's weapons were such garbage.
>bulkier and bigger than regular laser gun
>actually does less damage than regular lasers too
>but hey, they are blue now!
>>
The Paper Mario / Mario and Luigi crossover game that had infinite potential for creative character interactions and scenarios and used basically none of it.
>>
>>341999820
I kept waiting for that one point where Kellogg would take over again. It never came.

I even checked the wikia later on to be sure I didn't miss a trigger and of course there was nothing.
>>
>>342006114
>year of Luigi
> No deepest lore luigi game connecting all the things that have set luigi apart over the years
>>
>>342005573
Bullshit.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.