[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why video games for consoles are so expensive?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: greenskinnedblackguy.jpg (114 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
greenskinnedblackguy.jpg
114 KB, 1252x1252
Why video games for consoles are so expensive?
>>
Why are pcs so fucking expensive you dumb frogposter?
>>
considering they haven't increased in price in over a decade to account for inflation and the skyrocketing of budgets, $60 is actually pretty cheap. It's the cheapest video games have ever been by a fairly substantial amount.

N64 carts were $80 in 1997 money
>>
>>341995553
Seriously wondering this aswell.
PS3 game from like 7 years ago costs 20$ while the same game on PC costs less than 10$.
What the fuck?
>>
>>341995553
>>341995843
digital games don't have the option of reselling used games to drive up the market price for new games.

Used ps3 games from like 7 years ago usually cost less than their pc counterparts.
>>
>>341995770
Everyone freaked out at the idea of the standard price going up to $70, so instead we now get dlc and microtransactions out the ass to make up that money
>>
>>341996019
I could literally go to the store, put the pc version and ps3 version of ac brotherhood next to each other, take a photo and post it but I'm not going to.
It might just be my country.
>>
>>341995553
>what is ebay
>what is craigslist
>>
>>341996019
>Used ps3 games from like 7 years ago usually cost less than their pc counterparts
literally no
try and find Skyrim for consoles for $5
>>
No piracy, so publishers don't have to stay competitive.
>>
>>341996158
>craigslist
>risking your life for some games
>>
Closed platform so Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo need to take their cut.
>>
They're not really, even at 400 bucks spread out over the consoles life span isn't much at all. If you're an adult and you can't drop that once every 5-7 years you shouldn't be playing video games, should be out applying for a better job.
>>
>>341995720
PCs are expensive so are consoles, we're talking about software here.
>>
>>341995553
Because everyone's focused on photorealism.
Be glad that at least Nintendo avoided this pitfall trap.
>>
>>341996392
>craigslist
>risking your life
Maybe if youre retarded
>>
>>341996437
Most modern /v/ posters are in the 15-17 age bracket; they spend maybe about 3-400 bucks a year on videogame related stuff, if that.
>>
>frogposter uses BR grammar

delete this thread
>>
>>341996137
>It might just be my country.

It might be that too. Nobody buys physical pc games in America anymore, I couldn't even tell you what the pricing for that is like.

Comparatively, on Amazon right now, AC brotherhood is $16.79 ps3 new, $0.36 ps3 used, $19.89 pc new $3.46 pc used, $19.99 on Steam.
>>
You can hack your 3DS/Wii U/PSP/PS2/XBOX easily

360/PS3 are possible but harder to hack plus it's hard to find the game files unless you're on a private tracker.

Nothing for PS4/Xbone yet.
>>
>>341996298
Skyrim is $10 used ps3 on Amazon, and 20 dollars on steam and 20 used on amazon. Actually, the price for new ps3 is cheaper than used on amazon or digital, but shipping evens it out.

That game is an outlier since it's so popular, and also it's only 5 years old, not 7.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.