[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
should i play this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
should i play this?
>>
>>341988226
Yeah, its pretty fun.
>>
>>341988226
Ask /lozg/.
>>
Yes.
>>
the remakes are better than the old N64 versions. Definitely
>>
Yes.
>>
Does it hold up if I didn't play OoT when it came out and I have no nostalgia for it?
>>
>>341988783
its the same fucking game you twat
>>
>>341988783
yes - it's fun.
>>
>>341988226
Sure, why not?
>>
>>341988226
Yes, it's the best version. Even includes Master Quest.
>>
>>341988783
Never played the original as well
Honestly it feels pretty dated
But it does things which were pretty amazing for its time, i can see why many people hold it in such high regard
>>
>>341988783

It should. I know some people that played it for the first time on 3DS and loved the game. You should give it a shot.
>>
should I trust /v/ or is this a meme
>>
File: 1451034839506.png (132 KB, 264x241) Image search: [Google]
1451034839506.png
132 KB, 264x241
Should I play this?
>>
>>341989334
after OoT
>>
If you have completed OoT on N64 / GCN then you probably shouldn't bother as it's basically the same game.

If you haven't played OoT before then definitely try it. It may feel a little dated gameplay wise, but the remake contains many quality of life improvements over the original, including quicker access to items, the ability to refight bosses and a higher framerate. The only thing wrong with the remake is that the lighting fucks up the atmosphere during the final boss battle. The Sheikah stones for hints can be completely ignored.
>>
>>341989334
Playing it right now
Not sure why but I'm enjoying it a lot more than OoT3d
>>
>>341989334
No because they made the bosses even easier than they were in the n64 version.
>>
>>341988783
Depends.

OoT set the standard for 3D gaming mechanics a lot of 3D action-adventure games still use to this day (lock-on/z-targeting, behind the shoulder camera, first-person aiming for ranged attacks, action commands bound to one button and attack bound to another, open 3D world, good atmosphere/OST etc.)

But it also has a lot of dated mechanics you may not like, such as no way to adjust the camera without using the z-targeting and no dedicated jump button, among other things. Navi can also be pretty annoying but she's mainly only there to direct the player on the right path if you ever get lost on what to do next.

In my opinion, it's a fun game with good atmosphere and excellent OST; it's basically ALttP in 3D just like Metroid Prime is basically Super Metroid in 3D FPS. I find a lot of people who never played OoT in their childhood have a hard time getting into it, but its also almost 20 years old so of course it's going to be dated in some ways.

>>341989334
Depends, I consider this my favorite game of all time now and I fucking hated it when I first got it. It definitely requires the player to get into a certain rhythm, and base their in-game schedule around the NPCs. It teaches you the hard way you can't do everything in one cycle, you'll have to plan out each sidequest/dungeon in different cycles. In that sense, it's micromanagement heavy, and I can see a lot of people not liking that. But it has the best atmosphere and gameplay mechanics out of any of the Zelda's in my opinion.
>>
>>341989627
>dismissing everything the game improved upon because the bosses are slightly different
Grow up.
>>
>>341989627
>Odolwa
>They just made it so that you should use the Deku mask, like the other temple bosses require you to use their zone's mask
>Goht
>Literally harder as you couldn't just hit him anywhere when he falls
>Gyorg
>Fight gains a way more interesting second half
>Twinmold
>No longer just a glorified mini-boss that you just slash away at until it dies
>Majora's Mask/Incarnation/Wrath
>Literally the same as before
>>
>>341989671
>no dedicated jump button

This was very much a deliberate decision.
>>
>>341989485
>It may feel a little dated gameplay wise

What would it have to do to be a "not dated" game then? In fact, going on from that, why *wouldn't* most of the games that came out after it be even more 'dated' by whatever standards you used?
>>
It's pretty dated but some parts still hold up really well like the dungeon design.
>>
I just finished it last night. It's better than the original in pretty much every way. There's a lot of added detail that wasn't in the original and the bottom menu and the fact it doesn't take 5-10 seconds to load is great.

First time I kill the 100 gold skulltulas too.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.