[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does a person get any kind of accuracy in shooters using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: efrtgyhu78tgf.jpg (228 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
efrtgyhu78tgf.jpg
228 KB, 1600x900
How does a person get any kind of accuracy in shooters using a controller aside from turning the sensitivity up?
>>
Practice, that's all you can really do.
>>
>>341986046

Sigh. I really wish /v/ would stop with this meme. With practice, someone on a controller can be just as good, if not better, at shooters than someone with keyboard and mouse.
>>
>>341986164
They'll need to compensate for inaccuracy to be good though.
>>
>>341986164
kek
no not really. Its been proven that even better players on controller are still at a disadvantage against worse players on mouse and keyboard.
>>
File: 1446316786506.jpg (96 KB, 800x437) Image search: [Google]
1446316786506.jpg
96 KB, 800x437
>>341986164
>>
Analog sticks will always have the problem of the cursor being rate-controlled
No matter how you tweak the sensitivity, you're always saying "please move the cursor in this direction at your own pace" instead of "I want to have the cursor on this specific spot"
>>
>>341986249
>proven

Source: my ass
>>
>>341986046
>keyboard and mouse
>made for office and excel
>controllers
>made for gaming
well, there is you're answer
>>
>>341986046
autoaim
>>
>>341986046
Turning the sensitivity UP?
Pretty sure most console FPS comp players play on 4-5 sensitivity instead of this pseudo trickshotter shit.
Just practice though, and know that some games are completely AWFUL trying to use controllers with, i.e. doom, overwatch, bf3 pre-patch, regardless of what some chump on /v/ tells you
>>
File: 1428781062357.jpg (52 KB, 960x648) Image search: [Google]
1428781062357.jpg
52 KB, 960x648
>>341986164
>>
playing inverted is the only way.
>>
>>341986164
>he actually believes this
>>
>>341986307
http://www.gamesradar.com/pc-gamers-destroyed-console-gamers-in-tests-says-voodoo-pc-founder/

here you go faggot
>>
>tfw switched to PC in 2014
>friend wanted me to play BF4 on PS3 with him
>actually could not play it because of the frame rate
I used to think the low FPS shit was a meme.
>>
>>341986936

>pc players vs xbox1 players in a competition
>ends in tie

wew

http://www.dailydot.com/esports/titanfall-exertus-free-refills-pc-console/
>>
>>341986164
=D
>>
>>341986046
git gud

mouse is easy mode
>>
>>341987081

https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/426733968977715200

too easy
>>
>>341986164
>>341986307

creator of voodopc + microsoft vetures blog:

"I've heard from reliable sources that during the development they brought together the best console gamers to play mediocre PC gamers at the same game... and guess what happened? They pitted console gamers with their "console" controller, against PC gamers with their keyboard and mouse.

The console players got destroyed every time. So much so that it would be embarrassing to the XBOX team in general had Microsoft launched this initiative. Is this why the project was killed Who knows, but I'd love to hear from anyone involved --- what happened?

Those of us who have been in the gaming business for over a decade know the real deal. You simply don't get the same level of detail or control as you do with a PC over a console."

the reason that console games are playable at all is massive amounts of aim assist

see below, but also consider trying to aim at your own teammates in halo, battlefield or call of duty and how much harder it is than trying to hit enemies

https://youtu.be/r9dLKS6Ndcs

aim assist is so high in games with controllers because they're inherently a worse way to aim

>>341987081
>ends in tie
>best of three where the PC team won the first + third round

do you know what a tie is, friend? do you think it would have even been close without aim assist pumped up to max?
>>
aim assist
>>
File: yikKdbnbT.jpg (139 KB, 1600x1244) Image search: [Google]
yikKdbnbT.jpg
139 KB, 1600x1244
>>341986164
I agree that with practice, someone with a controller can do moderately well in an FPS.

But outperforming someone using a mouse and keyboard???

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
I remember playing GTA SA on a friend's PS2 and getting fucked in the gang wars
Then I played it on PC and just headshot everyone with an AK-47 as soon as they entered draw range
KB+M is easymode for casuals
>>
>>341986046
first you need to turn off aim assist, because it can mess with your aim. it doesn't go to the head it goes to center mass, so when you become very accurate in console games, it feels like you are fighting against the game itself. after that it takes several weeks of practice to re-learn controllers, then you will do fine.
>>
>>341986046
I've found that controllers are better at movement while M&K is better at aiming.
So in a game like Halo, movement is just as important for lining up your shots
This is also why so many console players quickscope with snipers while PC snipers will actually camp and lay low, because the 360 movement and 360 camera compensate for the lack of accuracy.
>>
>>341986164
How does it feel to be so delusional?
>>
>PlayStation has supported KB/M since the PS2
>Can only use it for navigating the ui, web browsing, and like 4 games
>>
>>341986046
Where you can use a mouse and keyboard, you can also use a console control.
>>
File: hori-tactical-ps4-accessory.jpg (114 KB, 900x450) Image search: [Google]
hori-tactical-ps4-accessory.jpg
114 KB, 900x450
Anyone have any experience with the CronusMax Plus NB or the Hori Tactical Assault? Been thinking of buying one for BF4 on PS4
>>
BTW faggots this whole thread is bait
>>
>>341986164
This is absolute bullshit and I'm someone who plays fps on my pc with a controller. Every scrub in games stomps me because of it and I used to be a god when I played on console. Still too stubborn to use m+kb but it is far superior in all shooters to a controller.
>>
>>341988015
Controllers are better for movement but this is actually a competitive disadvantage. Analog movement is more fluid and easier to predict wasd movement is sporadic and counter intuitive thus harder to predict.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.