[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about the YU-NO remake? See the picture for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: yuno.jpg (715 KB, 1024x2880) Image search: [Google]
yuno.jpg
715 KB, 1024x2880
How do you feel about the YU-NO remake?

See the picture for artstyle comparison.
>>
old anime artstyle > new anime artstyle
>>
>>341976602
Right
Left
Right
Left
Left
Right
Left
Left
Left
Right
>>
both shit
fuck off weeb
>>
definitely the old style

new one looks generic as hell
>>
>>341978160
left was generic in 80s
>>
i have no idea what this is but at face value it got me thinking about something

why not incorporate ideas from that older art style and create a kind of visual blend between old and new? i mean modernize it sure, but if these characters are important, keep pieces from the original designs, too. And not just for this, but just for generic new anime artstyles in general
>>
>>341978271
This.

>>341978365
New potential buyers won't like the old style.
>>
Lmao even the dudes in anime are starting to sameface
>>
>>341976602
>drills have become bigger
Oh yessss
>>
The faces are better but everything else is worse

That bending over shot is a tragedy
>>
File: 0001_Title1.jpg (313 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
0001_Title1.jpg
313 KB, 640x480
>>341976602
the artist on the left kinda retired. so what else they could do?

now for the real travesty, Elf dying
Goddamit Elf, why do you have to try and ride the NTR games train to bankruptcy?
I will never play av king 2
>>
File: mld1154[1].png (69 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
mld1154[1].png
69 KB, 640x400
Looks like they really cut down on the pantyshots in the remake. The original did go way overboard with them.
>>
>>341976602
I like the old one more, but it was a generic 90s style, so I don't mind that much that they update it to the current style.

I was more concerned about the music, but the samples they posted on their HP sound pretty good.
>>
>>341976602
Even VNs get a downgrade LMAO
>>
File: 001_maidinheavenreal.jpg (74 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
001_maidinheavenreal.jpg
74 KB, 640x480
>>341976602
Bad remake?

how about shit live action adaptation instead
>>
I'm 100% okay with this because the original will always exist.
The remake isn't replacing it.

They can do what they want, I don't really give a fuck, the original is damn near perfect anyway.
>>
Left is better but I'm a sucker for pc98
>>
I wonder how close they'll remake it. From the screenshots it looks like a scene-by-scene remake.

BTW, YU-NO is amazing. One of the best games ever made.
>>
>>341976602

not really necessary IMO

are there any n00dz of the remake out there?
>>
>>341976602
blue hair should have kept her himecut
>>
>>341979467
No, it's PS4 and Vita only.
>>
left is art right is garbage
>>
>>341978365
imagine
>modern style faces, eyes, etc
>art styled like PC-98 games with palette limits, gradient shading patterns, hard black lines etc
not even for YU-NO, I'd buy the shit outta that
>>
>>341976602
The right ones look so fucking generic. Anime truly went to shit after the 90s
>>
"Anime is dead" --Nietzsche
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.