[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most overrated game award. Eternity edition.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: gta-sand-adnreas-pozew_1730x.jpg (126 KB, 615x400) Image search: [Google]
gta-sand-adnreas-pozew_1730x.jpg
126 KB, 615x400
Ladies and gentleman. We are here to announce the winner of "The most overrated piece of crap in history of the game industry". And we are unhappy to say, the winner could be only one. Here it is.

GTA: SAN ANDREAS!
(now gtfo rockstar payroll bots)

Runner:
Final Fantasy Tactics
(and you too, ffags)
>>
Thats not chrono trigger
>>
>>341974939
San Andreas is a great game especially considering its time but it overrated.

Can't talk about FF.

Deus Ex is also a contender, It is good man but cmon.
>>
>>341974939
undertale and souls games
/thread
>>
Yoshi's Island
Jet Set Radio
Witcher series
Deus Ex series
Quake
Doom
Duke Nukem
Unreal Tournament
Last of Us
>>
>>341974939
Completely agree with San Andreas.
>>
>greatest sandbox game of all time
>critically acclaimed and loved by millions
>one of the biggest selling games of all time
>still a decent playerbase to this day
>overrated
lol k
>>
man look at all these gta san andreas threads wouldn't it be cool if i were contrarian and made a thread saying it was shit
>>
San Andreas isn't overrated. It doesn't even get that much praise as other games. If people praised it like it was MGS 3 or FF7 maybe it'd be overrated, but its praise is pretty regular for a good game.
>>
Fallout 3/Skyrim
They get way too much praise for such poorly made games.
>>
>>341975928
You've been to long on /v/, FF and MGS are not THAT highly esteemed especially not with normies while everbodys mum loves SA.

>>341976120
Way to overrated outside of /v/, kind of underrated on /v/
>>
This could be the worst thread I've ever seen
>>
The Last of us BY FAR, which doesn't mean it's bad anyway
>>
San Andreas was groundbreaking for it's time. Sure it's aged like hell now, but back in 2005 San Andreas was incredible. OP confirmed for not having played San Andreas at the time of it's release. Much like Ocarina of Time, if you play it for the first time now, of course you're going to think it's shit, you had to have played it at the time to get what made it so special.
>>
Minecraft.
>>
Surely GTA V is the correct answer?
>>
>>341976120

No one likes fallout 3 except for normies.
>>
File: 1422133542830.jpg (58 KB, 584x649) Image search: [Google]
1422133542830.jpg
58 KB, 584x649
>Replaying San Andreas
>Think "This is awesome!"
>Ryder and Smoke backstab you, Tenpenny takes you to the countryside
>mfw I stop playing

Why go from the thug streets to the fucking country side shit?
>>
>>341976697
Anon you a straight BUSTA. That was the best part of the game.
>>
Dark Souls
>>
>>341976120
swap fallout 3 with new vegas, then you're right
>>
>>341976697
>huge selling point of the game is that the game world involves the whole state and not just the one single city
>somehow people are still surprised that the game actually goes out of the city
surprise surprise, rural areas are crime ridden thus GTA will take advantage of them

did you think the entire state was just one big city? step out of your basement once in a while
>>
>>341976952
on /v/ definitely
>>
but that's not GTA 4
>>
>>341976783
>>341977040
It's fine on the first playthrough, but on subsequent playthroughs I remember why I haven't beat it again since it was released
>>
File: Untitled.png (55 KB, 417x281) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
55 KB, 417x281
>>
Meem souls trilogy
>omg it's teh hardest gaem evr
>you died
>meemed
>>
>>341975184
I like the new Dooms, since they made an actual fun FPS, but yah the original Doom is blown way out of proportion.
>>
>>341976120
I agree with fallout 3, but not with skyrim.
Fallout 3 was a fucking reskinned oblivion
>>
Agreed with SA. Was super hype for it after III and VC, played it, just wasn't as fun.

Hell, I had more fun with Nico and his retarded cousin in floaty car world in IV. And the expansions.

But then V went back to not actually being fun again.

FFT has flaws, but there is no srpg in existence that doesn't. It's still one of the best genre entries. OP probably either just isn't really an srpg fan, or maybe only like Idea Factory/Compile Heart/Nippon Ichi trash.
>>
>>341974939
Overrated on /v/
Witcher 2/1 by a ton, 3 pretty decent the first two are flat out bad in a ton of ways.
AssCreed 1 and 2, both have the exact same issues as the later games with their technical achievement being there most impressive feat, gameplay is flat out bad in most ways and mission design is awful, too is only a minor improvement.
Arkham 1
Overrated, decent visuals but the later games are better, including Knight, combat has dated itself horribly.
Beyond Good And Evil, it's ok but Souls Reaver 1, Nier and Okami were far better Zelda alternatives.
>>
File: souls.jpg (393 KB, 1600x827) Image search: [Google]
souls.jpg
393 KB, 1600x827
/v/ seems to loves these okay at best games
>>
File: edge.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
edge.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
>>341974939
>san andres
>overated
Kill yourself.
>>
>>341981134
>Kill yourself

Le edgy.
>>
>>341975928
This, it's a fun game and one of my favorites but it's not a masterpiece. It's a GTA game, everyone and their mother owns this game, everyone knows what it is.
>>
File: FNV_box_art_(US).jpg (1 MB, 1330x1650) Image search: [Google]
FNV_box_art_(US).jpg
1 MB, 1330x1650
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 188x268) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 188x268
Behold the REAL most overrated game of all time

>inb4 reddit babies crying its not
>>
>>341982505
It was okay, I think it's mostly so popular because it's more iconic than Valve's other games.
>>
>>341982426
I haven't seen NV get much over-praise other than saying it's the best of the First Person fallouts.
>>
>games I dont like
>>
>>341982505
>implying it's not Half Life 3
>>
>>341974939
The title should go to GTA4 or 5.

GTA was fucking awful in general and got praise all over the globe. GTA5 is istll shilled in here even though the game is also fucking awful and the online is terrible.
>>
>no one mentions how obviously underage OP is
>>
>>341974939
Super Mario Bros.

Wow, he runs from left to right. Anyone could've made that game, Miyamoto just got lucky by making it first.
>>
>>341984218
>any opinion different than mine is a shill
>>
>>341974939
>t. 12 year old who first played SA last week on their ipad
>>
OP never played GTA V, RDR or GTA IV
>>
>>341984706
It's funny since underage kids playing SA as their first GTA is a big part of what made it so popular when it was new.
>>
Alright, everyone defending GTA: SA, tell me, what's so good about it.
>>
>>341985692
It improved on the previous games in the series in every way and was impressive and innovative for the time.
>>
>Kids can't face the fact that modern games cater only to their parents' wallet

>They instead proceed to shit all over good games just because muh overrated

So appalled.
>>
>>341974939
So you were born in 2002 and didn't play the game at launch?
>>
>>341985830
Being the ''first' to do something isn't impressive. Someone was the first person to crash a car, someone was the first person to burn down a house, someone was the first to do anything.
Doing something good first is only impressive until someone does it better.
>>
>>341985830
>improved on the previous games in the series in every way

The generic mafia movie rehash plots of III and VC were still better than SA, same goes for dialogue.

SA cars were ugly boats that turned on pivots.

And it was super fun how half the missions in the second half of the game were just driving for an hour to have 2 minutes of fun, then drive back.

>and was impressive and innovative for the time.

III was innovative. VC and SA were not.

SA added swimming and a big map to what was already GTA. Please stop pretending it was groundbreaking.
>>
>>341987357
this. GTA 3 was ground-breaking.

I wish Rockstar would go back to batshit mafia stories where rival gangs fight it out. I loved that Yakuza bitch in GTA3.
>>
>every game deemed good at its time is overrated
the thread
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.