[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: .png (31 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
.png
31 KB, 384x384
What went wrong?
>>
>>341973704
>/v/
>>
>>341973704
it got filled with shitty greenlight garbage and weebshit.
>>
>>341973765
/thread
>>
>>341973704
Steam friend threads.
>>
Drm.
>>
>>341974373
no one is forcing you to buy those games.
>>
>>341973704
Greenlight
>>
trading cards
>>
>>341973704
Nothing is wrong until Valve drops Flash sale and then locks regions
>>
Honestly? TF2 crates. Ever since then they started becoming more money minded over consumer minded like they used to be.
>>
>>341973704
Focus on the steam console, steam controller, steam VR (?), and generally everything except making games.
>hurr steam =/= valve
look it they're gonna make hardware then they might as well make games

Valve is in the cruel position of going out of the business with a legacy of great games so all we have left are sad memories we never got more.
>>
>>341975205
>now I can make money out of literal nothing because autists want a shiny badge on their profile
It's a good thing desu
>>
>>341975412
the steam controller isn't that bad is it?
>>
>>341975450
This. It's just a small discount on games that have cards afforded to you by other people's autism.
>>
Can't sell good games if they don't exist.
>>
>>341975412
>Valve is in the cruel position of going out of the business with a legacy of great games so all we have left are sad memories we never got more.
This is a good thing, unless you want them to turn into yet another Bioware/EA etc
They are still doing some shady things, but at least it wont taint the memory of the older games
>>
>>341979214
I didn't say it was a bad thing. I said it was a cruel thing.

It's hard on us to remember when Valve made fucking awesome games, and see Steam today which has less soul than ever, and Valve who just don't make games anymore whatever our hopes say otherwise. (Unless you count Dota2 which is at best, not really their idea)

It's that kind of cruel. It's a constant reminder that these people used to make excellent games.
>>
No competition
Even if you have the best intentions going in, once you are unopposed there's nothing stopping you from slipping.
>>
>>341973704
>we hired a je... economist
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.