[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Wii U completely dead where you live as well? Yesterday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: wii u owner.jpg (45 KB, 640x428) Image search: [Google]
wii u owner.jpg
45 KB, 640x428
Is the Wii U completely dead where you live as well? Yesterday I wanted to buy a Wii U so I hit the local shopping mall and I realize why this console is not selling.

First of all, the Wii U + MK8 + Splatoon Bundle costed 300€ (with a 50€ store issued price drop probably because of nosales). I said, not too bad, that's just 50€ less than the PS4 + UC4 bundle which costs 350. Sure the PS4 has more expensive hardware but you get two games on Wii U, so this small difference in price should be justified.

But then I looked at the games, I wanted to buy Pikmin, SM3DW and Smash as well. They fucking retail for 50€, 60, and 60 respectively. This is fucking retarded. You can't possibly ask me to pay 50 to 60€ for games that are several months and over one year old. How the fuck can they expect to compete when shitty Uncharted which is brand new retails for 50€? Also, speaking of the actual value of the goods, Uncharted despite being a shitty game probably costed millions and years of work to develop, are you telling me that one year old Pikmin3 has the same value as Uncharted 4?

Also the regular controller costs 50€, which is as much as a PS4 controller despite the Wii U controller having less features, no triggers, and no PC compatibility. I just can't justify this price either.

Nintendo is just fucking retarded, they cannot compete with these prices, at least here in this shitty Euro country nobody is going to buy it with these retarded prices. Even I wanted to buy it but then changed my mind, I want to play those games but these prices are a complete scam, you get ripped off if you pay 50€ for an ancient game and 50€ more for a shitty controller that should have been included with the system to begin with. I'm going to try to buy it used instead or wait for piracy.
>>
>>341969794
>regular controller
console ships with regular controller already
>>
>>341970191
Are you sure? Because I read the contents of the box and the MK8+Splatoon bundle didn't list the regular controller as part of the bundle.
>>
>>341969794
>I wanted to buy Pikmin, SM3DW and Smash as well. They fucking retail for 50€, 60, and 60 respectively. This is fucking retarded. You can't possibly ask me to pay 50 to 60€ for games that are several months and over one year old.
Nintendo has kept doing this shit for age
There should be a fucking law which pretends these fuckers from doing this already

Fucking cunts
>>
>>341970191
>gamepad
>regular controller
pick one
>>
>>341969794
>and no PC compatibility
This is not true
The pro controller can work on PC
I think you may need some sort of software hack to make it work but it does work
>>
>Pikmin
>1 year old
It came out in July of 2013 m8
It's almost 3 years old now
>>
The Wii U should cost 250 with a game and a pro controller bundled in. First party games should retail for 50 when they're brand new and drop to 30-40 after 6 months. The bare console should cost no higher than 200 with both controllers in.

Also digital purchased games should costs at least 10€ less than retail when brand new, but then again even Sony and MS are guilty of pricing their digital games as high or higher than retail. I don't have an Xbox anymore but on PS3 you get very good deals digitally nowdays, not so much when the PS3 was still alive. On the 3DS games cost higher on the eshop than retail.
>>
>>341969794
It varies by region, but Pikmin 3 and SM3DW are only $20 in the US.
However, 3DS games Europe has had price cut such as Star Fox 64 3D and A Link Between Worlds are still full price.
>>
>>341970759
The Pro Controller has bluetooth, no "hacking" needed
Also you can use the Gamepad on the PC
>>
File: 2347584093534647.jpg (946 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
2347584093534647.jpg
946 KB, 2560x1440
Pii U

Get a real console you Nintendo dick suckers

Sony 4 life bruh real talk
>>
>>341970639
it literally is
>>
>>341971440
OP here. As of right now there isn't a single game on PS4 that interests me. Maybe when P5, FFXV, Berseria and Yakuza come out.
>>
>>341971507
>tablet with buttons
>being the first of it's kind
learn what "literally" means
>>
File: 24585693569.jpg (761 KB, 1089x1634) Image search: [Google]
24585693569.jpg
761 KB, 1089x1634
>>341969794
I only know one person who owns a Wii U. He's an industry guy, and he hasn't even played it since Smash.

The Wii is an irreparable dud. It has probably done long-term damage to Nintendo that we're not even aware of yet.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.