[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dead by Daylight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8
What are your opinions on this game?
>>
>>341957201
Hopefully more involved than evolve?
>>
>>341957201
Shilled to death on /v/
>>
>>341957201
Pretty shit balance issues.
>>
>>341957843
They are still balancing

Also there are some expert killers and survivors which were playing since alpha and they are sick af ;)
>>
>>341957201
Has it come out already or is it still in Beta?
>>
I think it's pretty obvious that they spent two or three times the production budget on marketing, like paying Bangladeshi turds to shill on video game forums and paying twitch retards to stream it.
>>
Great game, can i expect more maps and frequent updates though? I also really wish they'd fix some of the choppy animations.
>>
>>341960071
Yepp ;) they want to expand the game as quick as possible ;)
>>
>>341959726
Well they do not have great marketing, but yeah they gave away beta keyes ... what an atention whores!!!

Also this horror multiplayer genre is not as big and popular as mobas, fps or rpgs so they need to show it more...
>>
>;)
>>
>>341957201
It's okay, still needs a fuckton of work though.
I wouldn't mind an actual party system that I can get points from.
>>
>>
>>341960859
They are implementing lobby system for ranked so as survivor you do not need to go solo
>>
they fixed nothing from the beta, the maps are shit, gladly got a refund on it.
>>
>>341957201
I think the devs knew about the plans for the Friday the 13th game and pushed their game into development asap, so then they could say they did it first.
>>
File: 1465657898950.png (78 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1465657898950.png
78 KB, 240x240
>>341960397
what the fuck
>>
>>341961408
This 1000x.

I'm so hype for Ft13.
>>
Is it already ebin e-celeb meme game? Can we hate it then?
>>
>>341961512
Hells yeah!
>>
>>341957201
It's shit when you have a laggy as fuck host.
Fucking teleporting and other bullshit makes it impossible.
>>
>>341961581
>Is it already ebin e-celeb meme game
From the amount of smileys and exclamation points in this thread, I'd say it certainly is.
>>
It's fun and different, but I expected/wanted a slasher horror simulator and this isn't that. It's just a race for the generators as fast as possible simulator, which means having to try to kill them as fast as possible, at least most of the time.

I want to be able to mess with people and scare them and stuff, walk around like I don't know they're there and then jump out from around a corner, or injure them and catch them in a trap and go just barely slow enough that they think they can escape. Instead it's just hunt and kill them all as fast as I can, no spookiness or tension. I think maybe if they added a different mode where it was like, "Survive for as long as possible" rather than just complete the objectives to escape, I'd enjoy it more.

Also minor complaint that maybe I'm misunderstanding about the game, but from what I've seen most of the unlocks you get are actually single-match use? I don't like earning points to level up and having to spend them on things which are temporary.

Otherwise though, as said it's fun and I like it for being something new/different.
>>
>>341957201
it's aight. Beta was pretty fun. Def not worth 20 bucks. steam sale tier.
>>
>>341963436
Wait for Last Year.

In that game if the killer is out of the survivors' sight, he turns invisible and can choose to respawn wherever he wants.

This means that if you successfully escape from their sights, you can disappear and then reappear inside a locker and scare the shit out of them.
>>
They need to include some showers that survivors can have sex in to rack up points, but immediately alerts the killer and highlights it for as long as they do.
>>
>>341958003
Infinite window hopping. Do not buy. Game is mechanically flawed at its core.
>>
>>341961469
DLC maps and killers
>>
>>341963981
>set cooldown on sprint-jump
Fixed.
>>
>>341964168
I was shocked not by what he said, but how he said it.
>>
>>341964189
>normal window hop
Damn broken again. Not even touching on the broken survivor perks.
>>
>>341964208
It's obvious he's falseflagging as a shill. Anyway the game is popular on twitch because it's fun to watch but I doubt it will survive for long.
>>
File: communicationiskey.webm (3 MB, 1136x480) Image search: [Google]
communicationiskey.webm
3 MB, 1136x480
>>341957201
Pretty great.
>>
>>341964648
Is that on one of the new maps?
>>
File: byefag.webm (3 MB, 1136x480) Image search: [Google]
byefag.webm
3 MB, 1136x480
>>341964798
Nope
>>
>>341964909
Yes it was. The color filter is yellow here >>341964648, it's not the same map as the one in the beta

Plus in the post you just made there's the new Killer
>>
>>341965001
Oh you're talking about from the beta.
Then yes Its the new map
>>
>>341964909
Escaping 101 :D
>>
>>341965171
How is it?

Is it the same as the others only with a different hue, or does it have its set of obstacles and all that?
>>
Needs more work in balancing and perks in general.
>>
>>341965250
There are 3 different locations with different lightning, color scheme and aspects (1 location features cornfield which is nightmare when you playing as killer, fucking corn everywhere)

Every location (Macmillan Estate, Autohaven Wrecks and "Cornfield" one) have 4 different maps which have different buildings and structures in them, also those maps are proceduraly generated so they have the buildings generators, terrain and other stuff always in different place :) also if you play with friends lets say 1v1 then the map will be smaller and there are less generators to start etc.
>>
>>341957201
would try it out if it were on ps4

looks pretty fun to be honest but not really felling the look of the survivors
don´t look like the usual horror protagonists
>>
>>341959726

>thinking this is how things actually work in the video game industry
>>
>>341965503
I see, thanks.

>:)
could you stop
>>
>>341965527
It is not the usual game :D also there should be new survivors in future and you can customize their appereance, only little bit (clothing, facial hair) but you can :)
>>
>>341965527
>I form very specific opinions before playing the game

Sonycuck and an idiot, what a coincidence.
>>
File: listenyoudumbshit.webm (3 MB, 1136x480) Image search: [Google]
listenyoudumbshit.webm
3 MB, 1136x480
>>341965250
They maps are all pretty much the same but with small variants. MacMillian Estate has tall grass, trees, and rocks making it much easier to hid behind but harder to get visibility on someone.
Autohaven has small hall-way-ish making it have a fuckton of walls.
Cornfield is exactly what it says on the tin can.
But it makes the hillbilly OP as fuck since he can run straight through corn with his chainsaw from gen to gen
They all have the same mechanics though with the barricades and windows its just that some of them also have set-pieces to gen with the map and a little procedural generation for gen locations.
>>
High level survivors are fucking broken
>>
>>341957201
achievements are bugged
>play as the killer, unlock survivor achievement
also
>hook/kill everyone, didn't earn achievement for that
>>
Played a few matches and then refunded it. Boring game, marketed well. Like people have said, it is shilled to all fuck on /v/ for some reason. May consider rebuying when it goes for cheaper and matchmaking is fixed so I am able to Q with some buds.
>>
memegame that is going to be dead in a month
>>
>>341965792
Much more helpful, thanks.
>>
>>341965817
>one guy gets away
>"NO ONE ESCAPED" +2500
>>
>>341965817
I also hook killed everyone and have not got that achievment :( hope they fix asap, but still achievements are just a topping on the top of the cake ;)
>>
>>341965879
If youre debating on making a purchase for it, you might want to wait until they get rid of some of the minor nuisances and blatant cheats going on right now. People can spawn themselves rare perks(read : OP as everloving fuck) and cheese the fuck out of you with hoping in and out of windows.
It's great when you're the victim but incredibly annoying and frustrating as the killer.
>>
>>341965792
What am I watching
>>
>>341966075
Ah, I see.
How is the leveling? If it's capped, doesn't that mean it's possible to get bad luck and never unlock the good perks?
>>
>>341963715
that jason game basically has jason teleporting anywhere anytime he wants (though it has a cd I think)
either way, I like how DbD's game mechanics work. The maps feel adequately sized, but the gameplay is rushed.
casuals can't afford to play this game for more than 40 minutes a sitting, so I think the devs just have to polish the game before it gets really popular
>>
>>341966075
OP here, sorry it is true that I really enjoy the game, but I know there are a lot of issues in it...

Also I haven't seen as much cheaters as everyone else maybe that is why I am not as angry about cheating for now, I have seen only survivors which were sprinting lije bolt and that was only on one guys stream
>>
>>341966114
I killed the entire enemy team within 4 minutes of the game starting and took pity on the last victim, so I carried him to the objectives they have to do and I should prevent.
He escaped after we did a dance at the exit.

>>341966165
I cant in good confidence answer that question as I dont know myself, I still have yet to tell what the numbers next to my name in the menu mean but I believe it gets reset after each month.

>>341966296
I dont think ive seen speed hacks, since one of the perks is already a speed hack on a 1 min cooldown
>>
>>341966165
There is cap but you can "refresh" the 50th level for buying goodies... also there are some prestige levels but I do not know how they work
>>
>>341966389
>I still have yet to tell what the numbers next to my name in the menu mean
It could be your ranking. 20 is the worst, 1 is the best.

>>341966394
Ah good to know. In the Beta the level was capped at 5 so I ran out of items completely.
Might pick it up when there's a sale.
>>
it's shit, Most Killers develop a huge distrust for high ranking survivors because of the huge numbers of quitters, Also some perks are just OP e.g Self care
>>
>>341965937
THIS DESU
I was so mad holy shit
I ended up having 6 survivors playing against me,
killed 4, one d/c'd and the other one escaped and I got something like disgraceful defeat
>>
>>341966542
We all know about that, but they are nerfing since beta, and still balancing the game

But yeah right now it is not balanced well
>>
>>341966542
>>341966649
The best Killer perk is Insidious
>>
File: 1466177953833.jpg (55 KB, 960x819) Image search: [Google]
1466177953833.jpg
55 KB, 960x819
>>341966615
I know about the giant lobby bug 1v9 in beta but I thought they fixed it...

Also yes there are problems sometimes with scores and victory/defeat system patch 1.0.1 fixed some issues but this one was not between them I think, try to send it to bug report discussion
>>
>>341957201

Flavor of the month garbage.

It'll be forgotten soon enough.
>>
>>341966963
Even if it'll be forgotten in a month or two I'll have gotten my 15 bucks out of it.
>>
>>341965701
>openyl state that I haven´t played the game yet but that it looks fun
>pcucks complaigns about "specific opinions"

you know ps4 unlike pc players don´t usually judge an aspects of a game that they had no chance of trying out for themselves.
I guess that is probably why all the pcucks like you already know that uncharted 4 and every other ps4 exclusive is shit despite the fact that you are never going to play it in the first place.
>>
can somebody give me a run down of the different killers abilities?
>>
>>341967545
>trapper
lay down traps
>wraith
rings a bell and goes semi invisible, can't interact/attack in that state, so he has to ring his bell again
>hillbilly
revs up a chainsaw and starts a charge, chainsaw deals enough damage to down a survivor regardless of his health
>>
>>341967545
Trapper - Use bear traps
Wraith - Can get invisible (when cloacking/decloaking he is ringing his bell so survivors know) while cloacked he cannot do shit but is faster and survivors do not hear heartbeat when he is getting closer
Hillbilly - Chainsaw - starting takes a while and is loud, when started he is sprinting like hell with it, it is harder to steer and he stops on impact with object or survivor, if survivor is hitted with chainsaw it triggers dying state (instant crawling)
>>
File: countering windows.webm (3 MB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
countering windows.webm
3 MB, 800x480
>>341967545
Wraith has cloak, but you need to uncloak to do anything
Trapper has traps, you can get caught on your own
Hillybilly has a chainsaw, it can be used to infinitely sprint through the map until you hit an obstacle, and revved up/down, like webm related
>>
>>341957201
Shit. Getting really sick of these coop/vs games where all your objectives are completed by just holding F while you wait for a circle to fill.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.