[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how did this game turn out? I heard it was trash at launch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (188 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
188 KB, 1280x720
So how did this game turn out? I heard it was trash at launch and ignored it. Has it gotten better or is it a dead piece of shit? And if it is, what are some other MMOs that aren't WoW or FFXIV and are good (for MMOs).
>>
>inb4 thread 404s before anyone tells me how shit this game is
>>
>>341945340
It has 7 million people playing right now exclamation mark
>>
>>341945992
But is it actually decent as far as MMOs go?
>>
>>341946348
Right now it's not too bad. At least from what I've seen.
>>
No, It really sucks dick. Terrible movement and gameplay, constant padding and grind, extremely shallow interaction with literally everything and all quests are boring. Really cookie cutter design for the genre, but really much worse than it has to be.

So for an MMO? It's great, just what you're wanting, enjoy wasting your life on the addiction simulator genre
>>
It's pretty decent, it has an absurd amount of boring quests, there's so many you'll probably quit before finishing them all. I would still play it but the game has layer after layer of meaningless grinds even koreans would frown.

Want the best mount? ok you pay a small fee to "train it", you can only train it once a day, you need to train it 180 times to have a perfect mount, or you can pay like $10 usd to get 10 training tickets, and you have to do this with every one of your characters.

Want to craft the best weapon? you need to learn like 8 attributes, first attribute takes 1 hours, second 4 hours, third 16 hours etc... the last attribute takes 1 entire month, you have to do this for every piece of armor like leather chestplate, leather legs, leather boots, and you can only train 2 different things at the same time.

Then if you want to be competitive end game you always need to have the latest DLC to unlock the best armor/weapons, or pay the monthly VIP service that unlocks all DLC for a month.

Honestly the game is kinda fun and worth trying, you have to basically clear the whole game 3 times and then grind a bit more if you want a max level character, the pvp mechanics are pretty well developed and allow a decent amount of customization, problem is most pvp battles are zergfests that lag the entire server and pro MLG streamers decked out ganking lowbies for their youtube videos.

Get it if it's like $10-15, I paid about $30 during last summer and I'd say it was worth it because there wasn't any other mmo that interested me then, right now I'm playing Monster Hunter Online (chineese version).
>>
>>341948679
That actually sounds terrible, even for MMOs.
>>
Play WoW or FFXIV and fuck off.

I'm currently playing FFXIV until legion drops to see if anything good comes from it.

If not its back to FFXIV.
>>
>>341946348
I can't get into it, I'm trying, but for some reason it doesn't click for me. Just makes me want to play the single player games which are customizable.
>>
>>341945340
It has better writing than the single-player Elder Scrolls games.

Pretty unremarkable otherwise.
>>
>>341949627
Writing is best in Secret World anyway. Oh well
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.