[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game supposed to be as hard as I think it is? Or am I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: bloodborne.jpg (2 MB, 3533x2118) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne.jpg
2 MB, 3533x2118
Is this game supposed to be as hard as I think it is? Or am I just bad at it?

I've played both dark souls and demons souls and nothing in either of those games has given me the same frustration as my first hour with bloodborne
>>
Why is it hard? Are you parrying?
>>
play without farming gems on the chalice dungeons on your first run
>>
the first area/couple of bosses are the hardest parts of bloodborne, after that, it's pretty easy

really frontloaded in terms of difficulty

Also, if you've played the previous games, you shouldn't really be having much difficulty
>>
It's more brutal than those ones yeah. The first area is super rough, even more so than Boletaria was. Just stick with it, you can run to the first boss on the top of the bridge and get killed to unlock levelling up to make your time learning the controls more productive.
>>
>>341934430

If you're used to turtling with a shield then it can take a bit to acclimatize to the much faster pace.
>>
It's generally as hard as the rest of the games, but it can seem more difficult because you need to adapt to the new pace of the game. Once you get that down and get into the rhythm of parrying it won't seem as bad.
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20160601212959.jpg (230 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20160601212959.jpg
230 KB, 1920x1080
>these replies

Is this really /v/?
>>
>>341934563
Well, let me list a few things

My main complaint is that I find that I empty an enemy's health bar but they don't die, there's always one hit I need to finish them off when they should be dead

How exactly am I supposed to replenish my blood vials? Even in demons souls there was a guaranteed spot where they would appear in 1-2
>>
>>341934430

you suck

DS1>DS3>BB>DS2>DeS
>>
>>341936847

t. Butthurt PCuck
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20160613215747.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20160613215747.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Not OP, but I started playing this recently myself. I played a bit of DeS and DaS before, so I knew what to expect. Aside from a few bits I fucking hate swamps, I'd say it's a bit easier than those two. I also didn't know you could parry in this one.

>>341935301
>My main complaint is that I find that I empty an enemy's health bar but they don't die, there's always one hit I need to finish them off when they should be dead

I don't have that problem. Just upgrade your weapon or skills.

>How exactly am I supposed to replenish my blood vials?
Loot them or buy em. A good place to farm them and blood stones early game is from two werewolves and an Ogre? near the first boss on the bridge in Yharnam. If you lure them and run back into the house, they'll be stuck in the doorway, and you can wack at them in relative safety.

Also, note that items generally get more expensive every ten or so levels you reach. I learned this the hard way.
>>
>>341934784
Boletaria wasn't rough
>>
>>341934430
Bloodborne doesn't have a shield and enimies are a lot more aggressive. Just keep playing you'll get used to it.
>>341936847
>Ds3 harder than BB
Have you played either of these two games or are you shitposting?
>>
>>341939636
>Bloodborne doesn't have a shield
But it does.
>>
>>341939801
OH yeah that wooden shield. Let me reiterate. If you use the one and only shield in bloodborne you're fuckin retarded cause it's shit.
>>
>>341934430
Roll roll attack
>>
>>341940189
Sorry for being retarded then.
It's saved my ass a couple of times.
>>
>>341934430
Since you can't shield in bloodborne you have other mechanics to work with.
The gun is placed similar to the block button in DS and you should consider using it in similar situations. Learning to use the gun to parry is nearly essential to beat certain enemies, the brick trolls at the start are very weak to this.
Your dodge move is also much better than the DS roll, it uses less stamina and can be done more quickly.

Get more blood vials by buying them at the Hunter's Dream if you need more. I know I ran out super hard at the start of the game.
>>
How do I defeat fucking Amelia? Stupid bitch keeps raping me non-stop.
>>
>>341941243
Fire.
>>
>>341941243
flamethrower
>>
>>341934430
learn to use your gun it can actually be pretty broken.
>>
>>341941243
Learn her attacks and dodge around them. You probably want to attack from the sides rather than the front to get a better safe window.
If she is spamming heals and you can't keep up try using fire paper or charged attacks to break her out of it.
I've never done it but I'm guessing you can also use the numbing mist items to prevent her gaining health back too.
>>
I think it's easier compared to DaS1 where your character was slow clunky tank Bosses are much aggro but you are much quicker with evade and hits, so I felt more safe. Also health regen after quick counter helps a lot.
>>
The very, very beginning of Blooborne was hard. Even as a Souls veteran there's the part where you get mobbed by a ton of enemies and I got killed quite a few times. This part is an outlier though and the rest of the game isn't really harder than Souls, in fact I think overall it was easier.
>>
>>341934430
Anyone who thinks that this isn't the hardest hasn't played it.
Cursed rotten level 5 chalice dungeons COMPLETELY shut on anything the souls series has to offer. It's the hardest content there is.
It doesn't matter when you don't like them.
>>
>>341942365
I played through Bloodborne + DLC directly before playing Dark Souls 3 on launch and holy shit I missed the health regen system.

At times DS3 felt like a fast game without the fast mechanics.
>>
File: 1449049347294.jpg (79 KB, 301x312) Image search: [Google]
1449049347294.jpg
79 KB, 301x312
>>341934430
M8, I was like you. I had played Demon's, Dark Souls 1, and Dark Souls 2 and got to the point where they were fucking easy as shit. I figured Bloodborne would be a chill experience.

I proceeded to die at the first really big group of enemies, the one that has that one asshole with the rifle on top of that truck that seemed to do way too much damage to my health and a shit ton of melee guys loitering around that fire and two dogs at the bottom, for HOURS.

I had no fucking idea how I was shitting up THIS bad. I didn't even USE shields in my Souls runs. What the HELL was happening here?

Turns out that the solution was simple: interrupt (parry) + Visceral. And charged pokes with my Cane.

That was literally the only thing I started doing and suddenly the game was entirely easy. A cake walk. I failed so much at the beginning that I perfected the basics and that carries over to almost everything else.

Boss giving you trouble? Bait out attack to interrupt.

Crazy ass enemy stomping you? Figure out which attack you can interrupt or do a charged R2 to open them up for a Visceral.

Need bloodvials early on? Those giant mooks with the cinder blocks are ridiculously easy to interrupt in their charge animation and almost always drop 2 and the two totally transformed wolf guys before Cleric Beast also drop them regularly and you can use the blood echoes to buy even MORE bloodvials. If you do a bit more a run you'll also have a shit ton of bullets.

Later on you get runes that make you restore health for every visceral. And you can make blood bullets at the expense of health. See where I'm going with this?

I think the only thing I had trouble with after that first hour, other than Macaroni Face who I forget the name of, was the giant snake balls. But then I found out that the Threaded Cane's Whip mode, the one I thought was shit and neglected, was perfect for out-ranging really dangerous shit and not that bad for damage either considering the safety.
>>
You just need to git used to it.
>>
>>341936847
ds1 isn't hard. Not sure why you retards keep spouting this
>>
I think it's because it's such a different playstyle than souls. I played DS, DS2 and DeS before Bloodborne and I got my ass handed to me in the first hour, too. I think, for a lot of people, having souls experience actually makes Bloodborne MORE difficult because you have too many preconceptions about how to play the game.

It's fine once you get used to it, though. I was actually really glad it played so differently; it was the first game in the series to really recapture the difficulty of playing the games for the first time again.
>>
>>341934430
The gun is your friend. Use the gun. Feel the gun. Love the gun. Become the gun.

Honestly, use the gun like you would a shield. I sure do hope you picked the pistol though.
>>
>>341940189
there are 2 shields.
>>
>>341934430
In terms of difficulty, I'd say
BB > DeS > DaS
Dark souls wasn't even that difficult in hindsight
>>
>>341936847
But Dark Souls 1 is literally the easiest game in the series.
>>
If you find it hard this early, wait until you reach the DLC.
Jesus fuck.

I'm with you, OP. The game is difficult, I haven't beaten it yet. But I did struggle in the beginning. Now there are certain parts where I find it a little easier.
If the enemy is swinging at you and about to hit you, shoot them with your gun then parry them.
Helps against those fucking giants with bricks.

Also, the DLC is fucking bullshit. Nothing but difficult shit. I've been in the beginning area for the past week trying to parry these fucking hunters.
This is bullshit.
>>
>>341945736
DaS really isn't hard at all, but that's probably what I like most about it.

DeS isn't really hard either, it just feels clunky. BB is really fun but also has a ton of shit going on and you need to be on point during every boss fight, which made it feel like a lot of playstyles weren't viable whereas in DaS you could dual wield greatswords even without actual dual wield support and still push everything's shit in.

DaS is timeless.
>>
>>341946320
>DaS isn't that hard
Maybe, but O&S were arguably one of the hardest bosses in the series
>>
File: botw2.jpg (38 KB, 753x320) Image search: [Google]
botw2.jpg
38 KB, 753x320
>>341946276
I'm doing the DLC after starting NG+. That was a mistake. At least the Vincent Cassel knockoffs are easy to parry.
>>
>>341938512
> Also, note that items generally get more expensive every ten or so levels you reach. I learned this the hard way.

That's based of plot progression, not leveling up. But it doesn't really matter since as you progress you get acsess to enemies that gives 1000s of echos each and you can buy out everything to max in very little effort.

I always keep the +2 bullets on visceral attack runs equiped, so I never run out of those.
>>
>>341948151
Is the repeater pistol good to stick with?

It's my main side arm and it does pretty good damage since it's upgraded, but burns through my bullets pretty quickly.
>>
>>341948441
No. You shouldn't be using your gun for damage, only interrupts/staggers. Standard pistol is best for this.

...unless you level up your bloodtinge and go for Evelyn. Then you can do respectable damage. Unless they nerfed it, but I don't think they did.
>>
>>341948441

Stick with the regular Pistol or Blunderbuss for parrying (doesn't need to be upgraded), but keep an Upgraded repeater pistol and a stock of Bone Marrow Ash for when you want to shoot something, if you have at least 30 STR the cannon will obliterate stuff, but it uses 12 bullets. Aiming at certain bosses heads with a BMA'd Repeater or Cannon is a very good way to get easy Viscerals).

Unless you are doing a BLT build (don't, at least for first playthrough) then the Evelyn is the go-to gun.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.