[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This will have more than four maps in the base game, r-right guys?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: xl-2016-battlefield1-1.jpg (56 KB, 620x360) Image search: [Google]
xl-2016-battlefield1-1.jpg
56 KB, 620x360
This will have more than four maps in the base game, r-right guys?
>>
Of course. What makes you think the game will launch with 4 maps?
>>
>>341913464
>only four maps revealed
>battlefront only had four maps IIRC
>>
>>341912829

is that kanye
>>
>>341912829
Why would you need more than 4 maps though?

You only pick servers that have the map you want anyway.
>>
>>341914169
>servers
>implying I'm not a dirty consolefag
>>
>>341914169
This. I don't get all those people who are mad because of only a few Battlefront maps.
I would rather have 4 very detailed and lovable maps than15 unbalanced and ugly maps of which I only like two.
>>
>>341914169
because this is world war 1, and there are a shit ton of unique battlefields
>>
>>341914507
but every map in battlefront, besides the two hoth maps, are terrible
>>
>>341912829
>Game will be complete shit
>Retarded underage fanboys will still gobble it up and praise it because "Fuck CoD XD"
>>
>>341912829
>Four maps
>Like everyone's not going to just be playing Verdun the whole time anyway
FYI, Arma 3 only has one map.
>>
>>341914474
The console version has server browsing what are you talking about.

It's been a thing since bf3
>>
>>341914669
not on /v/. the threads have been people who had their hype ruined after the game got turned into a swedish talking point arguing against "it's alternate history lol" types.
>>
>Here are the four maps we're ready to reveal at this time, please check them out!
>OMG ONLY FOUR MAPS BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY KEK!

Shut the fuck up, /v/
>>
Gonna get made fun of for weeks by whitey.

Thanks EA.
>>
>>341914474
Battlefield has a Server Browser
>>
>buying we was ww1 and shit

Get lynched
>>
>>341915370
Battlefront only had four maps.
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 420x560) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 420x560
>>341914898
They have a verdun map but the French arent in the game?
>>
>>341915041
>>341915465
Wait really
Oh shit, I didn't think server browsing was a thing on any console game.
>>
BF4 worth buying?
>>
>>341915534
this, if youre even thinking about giving ea money you should consider killing yourself
>>
>>341915959
Yes
Now you're outed as an idiot good job anonymous
>>
>>341915683
It had seven for conquest. Just because two took place on Hoth, doesn't mean they were the same, retard.
>>
>>341914507
Battlefront is a terrible game though with shit maps
>>
>>341916229
I've only played like two MP games on console, bruh.
Pls gib break.
>>
The gameplay demo looked like shit. Is the hype dead?
>>
>>341916089

Yes. But I would recommend getting the premium edition right away for $20 instead of getting bf4 ($5) + premium later on ($20)
>>
>>341912829
Campaign predictions:

>America
A brave hero who leads the charge and tries (but fails) to save his squadmates. Will go completely thankless and suffer nothing but scorn from his peers, even the British and French ones. The Harlem Hellfighters will be portrayed as the unsung baddasses of WWI (after all, they never lost any ground :^))

>Germany
A reluctant hero who knows he is fighting for the wrong side. Germany and the German army will be portrayed as the moralless villains of the game and the protagonist will come to realize this, but will probably die nobly

>Britain
Will take place on one of the Ottoman or Armenian frontlines to show how incompetant and reprehensible the allied leaders were. He will believe he is fighting for the right thing, but after getting ordered or seeing his comrades commit some atrocities he will question his allegiance. Something like gassing Ottoman civilians. Might end up deserting

>Ottoman
A valiant female muslim warrior who is defending her home from western invaders. Despite the Ottomans being part of the central powers, she will show no allegiance to them as her people were forced into the war due to colonialism. Despite being just as out of place as the American protagonist, she will not be scorned by her peers, but instead revered. Will be victorious when the British eventually withdraw their failed assault
>>
>>341916593
There are so many different empires to play as, and I'm really hoping that they'll all get a neat little campaign but fuck this is modern video games.
>>
>>341916463
Nope. Delete your acc and never reproduce. May Allah have mercy on your soul
>>
>>341916784
Good things cannot happen anon.
>>
>>341912829
I'm not buying it because of the lack of maps.
I'm not buying it because of the lack of the fucking french.
>>
>>341916868
Well fuck.

It would be neat to play as a Russian or an Austrian during the Brusilov offensive.

Hell, there were so many neat - figuritively speaking - battles that happened during the war that it almost doesn't do the period justice to not show off any of it.
>>
>>341916416
>Battlefront is a terrible game though
Says literally no one but you. Everyone agreed it played well but needed more content.
>>
>>341916593

Reading this made me sad
>>
>>341916784
>so many empires

I hope you like dlc nigga, cuz France and Russia aren't even in the base game.
>>
>>341917281
kek, keep trying to justify that purchase anon.
>>
>>341912829
>4 maps meme
Not gonna post the bait screenshot as well?
>>
>>341917462
Fuck.

Those Harlem guys were attached to the French army yet they're in the game.

Why the fuck does the industry have to try and 'wow' us with all of this gimmicky bullshit while trying to hide the fact that their games are so grossly unfinished.
>>
>>341917493
It was like 40 bucks anon ,it's not even an amount worth justifying lol
>>
File: 1465841717344.jpg (117 KB, 626x942) Image search: [Google]
1465841717344.jpg
117 KB, 626x942
>>341916593
>thinking ea would put even half this much effort into singleplayer let alone a battlefield game
>>
>>341917775
The game barely has $5 worth of content
>>
Battlefront has amazing graphics going for it despite all other issues. The fact that all the new Battlefield games are supposedly going to use the same technology is great since it looks amazing without being too hard on performance. I was actually surprised that I could max out Battlefront and have a constant 60fps in big MP battles.
>>
>>341917928
You can literally piss, smoke, and eat 40 bucks quicker than it is to unlock all the weapons in battlefront.

40 ain't much anon. I would advise getting a better paying job.
>>
File: 1453631890899.jpg (57 KB, 485x494) Image search: [Google]
1453631890899.jpg
57 KB, 485x494
>>341916593
>A valiant female muslim warrior who is defending her home from western invaders.
>>
File: Mark V Duxford.jpg (198 KB, 1024x651) Image search: [Google]
Mark V Duxford.jpg
198 KB, 1024x651
So is anyone here actually going to be buying this game? I know I won't, the historical setting is a big deal for me and turning the gameplay into not-WWII is a massive turn-off. The campaigns might be alright though because those don't have to pander to the dudebros who can't live without the conveniences of modern military technology, but they aren't worth the £40 by themselves.
>>
>>341919781
I am

I like Battlefield games and I have an interest in the WWI setting.

I've known from the beginning that the game won't be historically accurate, but the gameplay looked fun
>>
>>341919781
already done familia

I like battlefield games but I'm sick of the future/modern setting they've pushed for so long. Happy to go back to a time where most of the things you died to were a guy with a gun, not a remote controlled drone launching pocket nukes.
>>
>>341914507
>Id rather pay $60 for half a game than $60 for a full game
-you
>>
>>341920994
But basically nothing that made WWI WWI is actually reflected in the game, though, so why buy it for the 'WWI setting'? And I don't mean 'sitting in a trench simulator', I mean really basic things like not giving 3/4 soldiers fucking automatic weapons and tanks not doing 30mph over rough terrain.

By that point it's not WWI any more, so why even bother playing it? You can get everything that Battlefield 1 does (and more) done better in Battlefield 4, because at least that game isn't trying to be some Frankenstein's monster fusion of WWI and modern day.
>>
>>341922143
mainly the Bi-planes and Zeppelins

the destruction is also a lot better than in BF4.
>>
>>341922143
Its pretty far from release still dude, if you look at the early Battlefront gameplay they showed weapons were also very limited (more so than usual due to the setting) but at release there were a lot more. I'm expecting loadouts similar to BF4 which means you should be able to run a bolt action if you wanted to. Assuming they don't go full retard and actually limit them to just the scout class which would piss me off.
>>
>>341922469
The biplanes are just re-skinned high-performance fighters with the missiles taken off though, why would you want that? Even Dice themselves have admitted that their biplanes handle like modern aircraft because otherwise it would be "too hard" for their target audience or some bollocks.

>>341922528
The Assault class had access to five or six weapons at E3 and not a single one of them was bolt-action. That's just slightly worrying.
>>
>>341912829
This will be exactly like Battlefront mark my words. At launch large game modes like 64 player conquest will have the 4 maps they announced already. The gamemodes like Rush and other small game modes will have 4-6 smaller maps, not just sections of these 4 cut off like in the last BF games. They will put out a ''free'' map (that should have come with the game at launch) in november/december for larger game modes like they did with the Battle of Jakku. They will continue to launch ''free maps'' that should have been included at launch any ways.

People who hated this with Battlefront WILL buy this game and WILL defend it until they see that I'm right. By then they will have already bought the game.
>>
>>341923167
>The Assault class had access to five or six weapons at E3 and not a single one of them was bolt-action.
What about the other classes? Because Assault is the only one I could legitimately see only having SMGs considering that was their purpose in WWI as well.
>>
File: British Trench Raiders.jpg (109 KB, 800x545) Image search: [Google]
British Trench Raiders.jpg
109 KB, 800x545
>>341923424
Here is a photograph of a unit of 'trench raider', soldiers who were basically the 'assault class' personified. Note how basically all of them are carrying rifles and the only other weapon visible is some guy's Webley.

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for any of the classes (apart from airman and tank crewman) to not have access to rifles.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.