[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys........what happened to nintendo? My childhood was filled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10
File: download.jpg (17 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
17 KB, 259x194
Guys........what happened to nintendo?
My childhood was filled with nintendo games and they just did everything right. The games touched our hearts and stayed in our memories forever.
Super mario sunshine
Luigis Mansion
Old pokemon
Mario Sports games
Super Mario 64
Paper Mario
Mario Kart Dubs Dash
>Lists more mario games

Why is nintendo so trash now? I had a ps2 and when gamecube became 100 bucks i got a gamecube, I loved it so much guys. Same with Game boy advanced SP. For me gamecube was an upgrade from ps2. IDK why. Btw i was a kid so dont knock me for that. But i loved everything about gamecube. The games. The console itself. Even the handheld. Even before that Nintendo were the kings of gaming for me.
Once the DS came out i saw it all just go downhill slowly.

What happened guys?
Lets open a dialogue about this.
>>
>>341910036
All the good people died, Miyamoto is too focused on gimmicks to remember what makes a good game aside from just making it a unique experience, and now people are afraid to try anything that won't grab the attention of every single 12 year old's attention.

Welcome to the new generation of gaming.
>>
>>341910036
Nothing happened to Nintendo.
You grew up.

>>341911404
>All the good people died
Who?
Yokoi failed hard with Virtual Boy.
Yamauchi drove everyone away with his Trump like rhetoric.
Iwata... yeah.
Anyone else?
>>
>>341910036
The Wii made a shit load of money, and they've been banking off of casuals and nostalgia ever since.
>>
>>341911839
>You grew up.

He's right. You've just played them all and anything new is the same thing plus a gimmick
>>
>>341910036
>Why is nintendo so trash now?
>now

they have been fucking up since the n64
>>
>>341911839
:( The feels. I think you are right....very sad.....But legitly new nintendo games seem really shitty now.Kinda just stupid gimmicks. Some are cool. same with the consoles though. I dont know what thing they are going for but its not working. What other anon said i think. Banking off of casuals and nostalgia
>>
>>341910036
>childhood
>oldest shit is n64 at best
>most of it mario

You're what happened to nintendo. You have no fucking idea what they used to be, during the SNES golden era. Third Parties out the ass, game variety aplenty, co-op development of games e.g; Squeenix doing Mario RPG(not this paper mario gimmick-per-game shit you get these days).
>>
>>341911839
>>341912021
People often say that when they either want to avoid the fact that some things do degrade in quality over time or or just refuse to ever think objectively. Some things can and do get worse over time it doesn't always have to be nostalgia. I'm not making a statement about Nintendo just that blaming everything on nostalgia proves nothing and is counter intuitive to any real discussion.
>>
>>341912550
Relax dude. I was born in 95'. And I forgot to mention N64. I didnt get to play those older consoles but i know that they are held dear in gamers hearts. What do you mean 'I' Happened to nintendo? I was just mentioning that after gamecube it went downhill for me. Partially me growing up as other anon sadly pointed out
>>
File: 1435954104024.jpg (28 KB, 549x442) Image search: [Google]
1435954104024.jpg
28 KB, 549x442
>>341910036
>Guys........what happened to nintendo?
>My childhood

Stopped reading right there.

You grew up.
>>
>>341913669
I know dude. You guys helped me realize this sad fact. I want to just be a kid again dammit. Such magic
>>
For real.......where the FUCK is super rpg 2?!!!!! Full fledged rpg, with blocking, timing attacks, doing special shit for moves like frame perfect button presses to the point you can attack 100+ times in one attack?! Fuck this world......this super Mario world.....
>>
>>341912520
>:( The feels
Kill yourself underage faggot.
>>
>>341914189
Squeenix probably just doesn't want to do it.
>>
>>341913669
This argument is stupid. Are you seriously trying to imply that neo-Nintendo is just as high quality as old Nintendo?
>>
>>341911839
>makes systems that are useless for playing anything but first-party Nintendo games
>systems include MANDATORY gimmick controllers
>"nothing changed, u grew up" :^)

The time when the NES dominated the home video games market, or the 4th and 5th generation console wars? It's exactly the same as today. They brought back regional censorship too, so much nostalgia. DUDE I GREW UP LMAO!!
>>
>>341914114
time for greatness awaits and cinematic experiences ;)
>>
File: 1463857688497.jpg (49 KB, 682x682) Image search: [Google]
1463857688497.jpg
49 KB, 682x682
>>341914346
Dude the feels though. The childhood nostalgia for everything. The FEEEEEEELINGS. God damn cant say anything right without some pathetic fag feeling the need to express his non-constructive opinion because itll make him feel better then everyone else because HES TOO HIP TO USE THE WORD FEELS. Nice dude get a life
>>
>>341914982
I hope so lmao. Adulting sucks. And i suck at it. Will get better as time passes likely
>>
File: Sanic2.png (19 KB, 870x870) Image search: [Google]
Sanic2.png
19 KB, 870x870
>>341910036
You're not a child anymore you fag. Congratulations on having time pass by and staying alive. Go buy a PC and PS4 and enjoy real games.
>pic related is Nintendo fans
>>
>>341914748
Yeeeea thats why i do think its partially because of that in addition to growing up
>>
File: jar jars escapades.webm (3 MB, 1024x435) Image search: [Google]
jar jars escapades.webm
3 MB, 1024x435
>>341910036
Miyamoto is the George Lucas of video games.

Motion Controls are his shitty CGI.
>>
>>341911924
/thread.
>>
File: ma.png (384 KB, 1438x632) Image search: [Google]
ma.png
384 KB, 1438x632
>>341914748
Yes
>>
>>341912242
>reading old Nintendo Powers
>hardcore Nintenfags in letters to the editor and propaganda articles talking about the N64's late release and how it will "worth the wait"

Sounds about right. The N64 is the point where Nintendo started to believe their own "Nintendo is the best company in the world YAAAAY!!!" bullshit
>>
>>341915783
>rating based on its appeal to primary colors and their link to autism
>rated good because the fan bases autism like bug eyes and easy to read expressions
>rated good because manchilds
>>
>>341915405
Actually i have an Xbox One and yea games are getting better IN A WAY. IN A WAY. I enjoy different games then i would have as a kid. I mean define REAL GAMES though. Of course cod nowadays i just cant consider a REAL game anymore, its outdated trash(says the xbox one owner) lmao. jabs jabs jabs
Scorpio will likely kick ass though, i look forward to it
>>
>>341916005
I kek'ed hard
>>
>>341916005
>DEY R AWTEESTEEC CUZ DEY DONT AGREEE WIT ME

No, you're the autist
>>
>>341915562
that's kojima, not that miyamoto is not a hack as well though
>>
>>341910036
ignore these faggots, I'll tell you what really happened.

>Old consoles and games were based on guesswork and what people thought would be fun
>Internet and data collection becomes widespread
>Calculations were made to make the most of the entire market based on what people would buy every year.
>Large company and employees hinge on profit
>No longer take risks on new games

Splatoon is the result of new talent in nintendo, as they've been letting in some of the younger generation who have new and fresh ideas. But the bulk of the company like every other company now follows sales numbers and data.
>>
>>341910036
Mario Sunshine wasn't very good though.

Nintendo became very money hungry after scoring a huge success with the normalfag crowd via the DS. The Wii was blatant evidence of this and the Wii U was trying to continue this trend.
Now that it's blown up in their face you'd think they would want to return to their roots, but instead they've gone with amiibos, half assed games and paid DLC.
>>
>>341916104
>Xbox one

Why am I not surprised. Stopped reading right there. Enjoy your shitty taste in games. The world needs suckers I guess.
>>
>>341916406
Are your favorite colors red blue and yellow?

Do sonics arms bother you?
>>
>>341910036
Nothing? They LITERALLY and I mean literally make the same games. Over and over and over and over for god knows how long now.
>>
File: 1461799193171.jpg (8 KB, 242x242) Image search: [Google]
1461799193171.jpg
8 KB, 242x242
>>341917894
>normalfag crowd
What do you mean by "normalfag" in this outside of /r9k/ context? Did you mean they appealed to the casual/non-gamer audience?

Video games have always been marketed to normal people. In the 80s consoles were marketed to normal kids, and in the PS1 era it shifted to normal teenagers. They were never marketing their products to the opposite of normalfags, meaning autistic NEETs with no income. Since mommy buys everything for them they're the same as the child demographic.
>>
I'm sure a start, select button, a, b, y, and x button where considered gimmicks back in the day.
>>
>>341912919
You lucky shit. I would give a lot to be 21 again.
>>
>>341920142
No they were not because they ACTUALLY WORKED WELL. Motion controls and touch screens are cumbersome and a joke. I'm very worried about VR as well and will be waiting a year after release and will try before I buy for sure.

Nothing is better than a controller or keyboard and mouse so far, maybe the full driving and flight set ups and joy sticks for mech control are good too.
>>
>>341914114

Can't agree with that argument myself, and I'm also from '95, and Nintendo has definitely went astray with their game developping somewhat, mostly due to the fact that they have been concentrating on controller gimmicks ever since the Wii.

I was 17 when I first played the Mario Galaxy games, and even though I knew very well the game was intended for kids, it brought a god damn smile to my face because the game was FUN and it was fucking beautiful audio and visual wise and I really appreciated that. The motion controls in this one were also minor other than the minigames which there were a total of 3 of (not very fun).

Nintendo still has the capability to make games that are timeless and amazing, but they need to shift their focus to actual gameplay and tight controls that are not being forced upon.
>>
File: the touchtone era.jpg (62 KB, 580x341) Image search: [Google]
the touchtone era.jpg
62 KB, 580x341
>>341921302
Nobody knows how to make a VR controller yet. At one time nobody knew what a gamepad should look like either.
>>
>>341922604
Leave intellivision alone
>>
>>341922604
When something works. It works.

All those shit ones died out and so will Nintendo if they don't change or merge with sony.
>>
>>341910036
Sunshine was trash
>>
>>341915372
>adulting
Where did this come from
Stupidest shit I've heard in my life
Everyone who uses it is the least adult person I've run into, I've never met a fresh out of college accountant or engineer say they were "adulting". It's always the fuck who works at subway talking about how he paid a bill for the first time
>>
>>341910036
They started trying to innovate through gimmicks instead of gameplay. The new Zelda looks to correct that course.
>>
>>341926701
Faggot millenials who payed their first cable bill and bought the graphics card mommy would never get them made the term up. Along with retards who think a job interview is "adulting".
>>
>>341910036
Why is there a rainbow number 8 instead of a sun for the health bar?
This is the first time I've seen this.
>>
>>341927564
its a beta screenshot.
>>
>>341911839
>Trump like rhetoric
wew lad
>>
File: xYSbfN5.jpg (197 KB, 675x1200) Image search: [Google]
xYSbfN5.jpg
197 KB, 675x1200
>>341927642
thx
>>
>>341927719
This response was a disaster.
>>
even if nintendo comes up with a fresh gameplay mechanic it HAS to be mario

therefore the games are percieved as mediocre and lackluster

what's the latest IP nintendo has formally published?

what flagship nintendo games are old IPs?

i mean you can take all of the above with a grain of salt but i personally feel like nintendo lacks originality
>>
>>341910036
After the GCN's relative failure, they tried tapping into the casual market. It worked for a time, from a business perspective. But it turns out that casuals aren't interested in anything other than bowling in their living room, so now Nintendo is desparately trying to find something else that will draw them in. They don't care that they've pushed away the core audience.
They aren't trying to just make good games anymore. They're trying to innovate and appeal to as many people as possible.
>>
They've in all honesty gone down hill since the NES.
>>
>>341930957
Nah, Nes was awesome, SNES was fucking awesome, N64 was awesome, Gamecube was super fucking awesome, and Wii went to shit.
Too much waggle.
Then Wii U had a fucking Tablet as a controller.
>>
>>341915783
>3D World
>not the worst of the 3D Mario games including 3D Land
3D World lacks on the sole most important thing, controls. The game controls like dogshit. And the collective aspect doesn't add to the game. It's the NSMBfication of the 3d mario series. Ignoring the big step Mario Galaxy already took in this aspect
>>
File: 55789977.gif (196 KB, 264x269) Image search: [Google]
55789977.gif
196 KB, 264x269
>>341911839
Tfw i will never enjoy a nintendo game like i did as a kid
>>
>>341931085
It was awesme but it was still down-hill.
Mario World is casual Mario Bros.
OoT is auto-aim, 22fps Zelda cutscene-heavy instead of skillshot 60fps like for example alltp or the Ys series
But continue gloating over this issue.
>>
their games became shit and third party games aren't there skyrim, fallout series sport games, should of came out for it.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.