[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question: Are there any miltary people here on /v/ that like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Sons_big_boss.jpg (70 KB, 609x752) Image search: [Google]
Sons_big_boss.jpg
70 KB, 609x752
Question: Are there any miltary people here on /v/ that like Metal Gear?

What are your thoughts on Metal Gear, compared to us civies?
>>
>>341907461
It's highly accurate in it's weapons, I'll give it that.

I especially liked 3, with the alternate firing configurations for some of the guns like the M16A1
>>
>>341907461
I joined the army as a combat engineer after having played some of the games, my thoughts as a civie and my thoughts after didn't change at all.
>>
>>341907619
>It's highly accurate in it's weapons

Bar V of course.

Besides that, I think of the series as a nice escape to the real life bullshit that goes on in the military.
>>
>>341907461
why would it be much different? it isn't something like ARMA.
>>
>>341908702
It´s just that my boss used to be in the military, and he was a high ranking person...

And I was thinking of talking to him about Metal Gearu Action Espionage
>>
served in army in 08.
I love most of MG games. I dig the attention to details when it comes to tech and arms, and obviously I also enjoy the whacky plots and emotional rollercoaster drama.
>>
File: 1911custom.jpg (95 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1911custom.jpg
95 KB, 600x450
>>341907461
Big Boss gushing about pic related in MGS3 and SIGINT's codex are beautifully accurate about weapons and gear.
It's also very accurate about military history despite the wild ride.
>>
File: knife gun.jpg (75 KB, 592x711) Image search: [Google]
knife gun.jpg
75 KB, 592x711
>>341910343
>>341907998
>>341907619
>>341910641
What about knifegun?
>>
>>341910724
CQC is the most bullshit fighting style I've ever seen but damn if it isn't satisfying to pull off. Most military CQC actually uses the rifle over the pistol.
>>
>>341910724
fucking silly, but whatev. Single handed handgun operating was taught as the only proper way for half a century.
>>
>>341910898
Is there any footage of military CQC on YouTube or what have you?
>>
>>341909430
don't
>>
>>341911005
BLYAT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlarYpBb0lc
>>
>>341911005
>Hits enemy with butt of rifle
>Push away
>Shoot

There's no time for fancy knife work. Why switch to knife and pistol if a rifle does it as well?
>>
>>341911375
Yeah, I wasn't asking for knifegun, just for footage of what actual military officials do instead.

>>341911329
Thanks.
>>
>>341911005
our close quarters combat battle teachings were pretty much comparable to rookie boxing + using the rifle as a melee weapon itself, with and without bayonets. It all really boiled down to protecting your face from possible blows, always trying to not make it clear that you've ran out of ammo / gun's not working, and just beating the crap out of the opponent.
>>
>>341911375
Because you have the knife and pistol already in your hands.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.