[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gearbox going out of business when?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: image.png (136 KB, 746x417) Image search: [Google]
image.png
136 KB, 746x417
Gearbox going out of business when?
>>
File: 1463181850773.jpg (86 KB, 302x302) Image search: [Google]
1463181850773.jpg
86 KB, 302x302
kinda feel sorry for them
>>
>>341882820
>>341882469

THEY brought it on their own...

>make a game towards sjw because its the hot thing to do in 2016
>find out sjw don't really buy games so make game 40% off
>overwatch a much more fun game aimed towards much more regular audience

Yeah i hope they burn in hell
>>
File: Delayclose.jpg (102 KB, 1140x741) Image search: [Google]
Delayclose.jpg
102 KB, 1140x741
>>341882469

Post yfw when you didn't fall for the shills and buy this disaster.
>>
>>341882469
They thought they could compete with blizzard
Do bugs compete with car windshields ?
>>
>>341882469
>LEL LE EPIC TORTANIC THREAD
No one cares about your dead game gearbox, fuck off
>>
Soon hopefully. But they'll probably bounce back with another bordermemes
>>
>>341883172
Can they ?
I though you had to make enough money with a current game to create the next? If anything the Hindenburg that is battleborn will prevent any new borderlands any time soon
Unless they are like Nintendo who have millions in reserve from wii sales incase shit goes sideways
>>
>>341882970
Stop dragging SJW shit into fucking everything.

It failed because it's fucking boring and it has really shit design.
>>
all these responses are great
>>
>>341883456

I don't think Gearbox actually has a lot of money themselves, 2K has been financing their shit. I wouldn't be surprised if 2K owns the Borderlands IP too seeing as they have made their own Borderlands games without Gearbox.

If 2K decides to drop them then they are in a bit of trouble because that means they have to find another publishers and that can be difficult to do if your last game was an enormous financial flop.

I imagine at the least that 2K will not be giving Gearbox a pile of money for the "huge" Borderlands 3 they want to make.
>>
File: ClKRbogVAAAyL2e.jpg (59 KB, 599x829) Image search: [Google]
ClKRbogVAAAyL2e.jpg
59 KB, 599x829
>>341882970
>SJW SJW SJW SJW SJW SJW SJW SJW SJW

if anything overwatch had supposed SJW overtones so you might as well put the label on everything.
>>
I kinda want Borderlands 3...
>>
>>341883548
Lack of advertising didn't help. I think I heard about the game maybe twice before release
>>
They will probably have another success with borderlands 3
>>
>>341884195

I don't think you know how the gaming industry works. The reason Battleborn flopped was because it didn't have Borderlands in the title, that's what Gearbox will just say to their investors. Making a new IP and it not doing well isn't going to harm the future of a current cash cow. Assuming Borderlands 2 did alright.
>>
>>341884448
Borderlands 2 did very well Iirc
I can see that happening , with the excuse of battleborn flopping, if gearbox survives, all it will making forever is borderlands
>>
>>341882820

The players or the company that made it? Because I don't. The players are retarded for not seeing a bomb coming a mile away and gearbox deserves literally zero sympathy considering what they did with Aliens and Duke Nukem.
>>
File: 1449173003375.jpg (87 KB, 640x633) Image search: [Google]
1449173003375.jpg
87 KB, 640x633
>SJW cucks BTFO _AGAIN_
This is rich, it's fucking RICH!

See this gamedevs? SJW don't buy games.
>>
>>341884448

You don't know a fucking thing.

Gearbox doesn't have investors. They have to convince 2K, the people whose money they just wasted, to give them another chance or find another publisher who will. It doesn't matter that they made Borderlands, the IP might be valuable but the development studio who came up with it is worth dick so nobody will think twice about cutting them off. Especially 2K who are probably well aware that Borderlands is a rip off and there is little creative talent worth holding on to at Gearbox. This shit happens all the time in the industry, just look at what happened to Infinity Ward and Call of Duty and how little an effect that had on the profitability of the franchise.

General rule of thumb is "You are only as good as your latest work."
>>
>>341882469
Never because they got Borderlands to help them honestly Borderlands was never bad honestly
>>
Is it true Gearbox was blacklisted by publishers or just really sharp rumours? Heard after the Sega fiasco barely anyone wants to have anything to do with them.
>>
>>341884448
They should have just called it Borderlands: The MOBA. Instantly recognizable and it fits in with their schtick. It's the only way they could have covered up their uninspired laziness.
>>
>>341885837

I don't think there is any real blacklisting going on in the industry but you can be sure their reputation is shot to shit. Sega will obviously never work with them again.

Randy Pitchford has always been known to be a liar but nobody really cares if he makes you money. The problem they have now is they aren't making anyone any money.
>>
>>341883456
>>341884195
Well they could always misappropriate funds into borderlands 3 by passing off a licensed game to a 4th party.
>>
>>341882970

I dont know shit about this game outside of "Failled Overwatch clone that barely had advertising.", so how did they try to appeal to SJW, exactly, especially in comparasion to OW?
>>
>>341882469
The should have made the game so diverse and progressive as Overwatch.

Overwatch has transgender heroes, King Heroes and the most sjw and feminist approved characters.

Battleborn has no progressive or trans gender hero.
>>
I don't think you guys are comprehending how big the borderlands games were. Borderlands 2 sold as well as Vice City. The first two games have nearly 20 million sales combined.

Yeah they fucked up with Battleborn. They confirmed it was their most expensive project to date and had expectations of surpassing borderlands. That said borderlands is their cash cow. They will be done once borderlands 3 turns out like battleborn.
>>
>>341887689
But it does have fowlkin
>>
>>341884195
>they made their own borderlands game
True
>without gearbox
You may want to double check that one
>>
>>341887904
Oh there will definitely be a borderlands 3. Whether or not gearbox develops it is the question.
>>
>>341882469
Despite having an actual single-player mode and variety of not really all that interesting characters, it just isn't that good. It somehow manages to be more shallow than Overwatch, be more of a MOBA, and yeah.
It's going F2P soon and that may see the 24-hour peak doubling, but very little more than that.
>>
>>341887904
Yeah,and how many of those sales were at steep discounts?
All that matters for their bottom line and to their publisher is first two week sales. Everything after that is just considered bonus to these people, but it's not consistent enough to rely on fiscally.
>>
>>341887672
It plays nothing like Overwatch, which is why it makes the whole situation funny. Gearbox themselves for some reason marketed it as competition for that game and dug their own graves.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (15 KB, 211x239) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
15 KB, 211x239
>>341883014
>MFW I did

I had lots of fun in the betas. I thought there would be a steady playerbase of maybe 3k or so for a few months which is all I really needed. I knew it would die but not like this.
>>
File: 1646461321.png (48 KB, 638x173) Image search: [Google]
1646461321.png
48 KB, 638x173
>>341889134
>>341883014
Its ok at least you only fucked up once.
>>
>>341889502
Jesus fuck I mean I want to play the game but how can people not see that it's going to be F2P by the time the first piece of season pass DLC drops.
>>
>>341884196

Wow calm down bruh
>>
>>341885307
>just look at what happened to Infinity Ward and Call of Duty and how little an effect that had on the profitability of the franchise.
What happened?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.