[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that all DLCs are out and the dust has settled. Can we all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 13
Now that all DLCs are out and the dust has settled. Can we all agree Witcher 3 is objectively the best Video game and RPG ever created since the dawn of gaming? Do you think we would ever see a video game/rpg like this in the near future, from some other developer? I don't think so.

How can a video game do such story, graphics, soundtrack, immersion, gameplay, overall detail in such a flawless manner?
>>
>>341880791
game was not bad, but when do we get the Gwent stand alone so I can show you all that I'm the only true Gwent champion
>>
I found it boring. Quit after 5 hours or something. Nice world, but no hook. Didn't really set the story up well enough even though it was the focus in the start.
>>
It's just an edgy open world action adventure with mediocre combat.
I have no idea why people love it so much.
>>
It's not even a good RPG
>>
>>341880975
It is not boring at all. The story is amazing.
>>
File: 20160601115152_1.jpg (278 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160601115152_1.jpg
278 KB, 1920x1080
>>341881004
>edgy

Nope, Game of Plebs is edgy. The Witcher hits the perfect medium of what all these self-fellating 'muh gray morality' stories should be.
>>
>>341880791
it won't be surpassed until cyberpunk 2077
>>
>>341881540
sadly this.
>>
>>341881261

The story is nothing special and the gameplay is boring as shit. Pressing the left trigger/right mouse button, slowly walking around pressing "A" on red objects is NOT fun. The combat is janky and shockingly unrefined.
>>
>>341881217
>>341882123
What is up with the Witcher shitposters? Can you name a single video game in existence that is better than Witcher 3 overall?
>>
>>341881004
>edgy
It's easy to tell it's always the same guy who has never touched the game a single time
>>
>>341882417

Pong
>>
It's a really good game, but it definitely isn't 10/10.

Gameplay kind of sucks, controls are bad. Some of the sidequests are Skyrim tier.

Sometimes dialogues and personality are so forced that they feel like Bethesda's attempts at making the characters good. VA is terrible.

Your bait is shit i oboje o tym wiemy, głupia kurwo.
>>
>>341880791
Witcher 3 has atmophere and interesting stories and sex appeal on its side sure. But the combat, character progression and the loot system were beyond hopeless. And its no match for epic rpgs like Terranigma, Secret of Mana 3 or Fallout 2.
>>
I haven't even played the game but I can assure you the dust will never settle because of how this game consistently gets compared to an exclusive here. I don't even have to say which one. You know.
>>
Daily Reminder:

You are physically incapable of rating the game on it's own merits. When you say the story, the quests, and the gameplay are good, what you're ACTUALLY saying is "the graphics make those things look pretty so it's good".

Do us the honest favor of examining the game without the graphics. Go turn the game down to Low settings, and tell me it's somehow better than any other completely mediocre third-person hack-and-slash.

I know you can't do this, because you're intellectually dishonest.
>>
File: 53253.jpg (29 KB, 245x295) Image search: [Google]
53253.jpg
29 KB, 245x295
>>341881514

>had to go back and redo the end of hearts of stone because Geralt wouldn't let an alien evil destroy a human even if that asshole deserved it
>>
>>341884496

Thats what 7 million PS4 users did and they think the game is great.
>>
>>341885416

Did you interview all 7 million players yourself?
>>
>>341884496
This.
>>
>>341885416
Console users don't evaluate games, certainly not in any critical sense. They run purely on advertising and marketing hype. If their AAA-funded gaming websites say "This is your console exclusive. It's the best game ever", that's what they repeat.

Most console owners play for an hour or so at a time after school, they buy sports games for fuck's sake. Them calling a game 10/10 is like someone who's only ever eaten at McDonalds trying to write a food critic blog.
>>
File: Capture.png (11 KB, 848x80) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
11 KB, 848x80
>>341885416

Then why did only 37% of players finish the game?
>>
>>341881261
Not him, but since I didn't like the story it made it a lot more difficult for someone like me to enjoy the gameplay for what it was. I think it's an impressive feat that shows even a smaller developer can up the ante in the industry, but it's not the greatest game ever or even one of my particular favorites of the current gen. There's no denying that it is a great game, but it's pretty easy to burn down the "best game ever" "Wicker 3" argument.

In all honesty the game would probably shine brighter if you guys stopped with the threads like this, it's just shitposting bait.
>>
Game is interesting but the combat and controls are shit.
>>
>>341885835
Regardless of quality, every RPG has a low completion rate.
>>
Good graphics, bad gameplay. Sadly, i don't give a fuck about graphics.
>>
>>341885835

Red Dead Redemption only had 10% complete it, and its great. It's also like 1/4th as long as Witcher 3. It also has 1 million less sales on PS3 than TW3 on PS4.

So what does this say about The WItcher 3?
>>
>>341885835
they were shocked by the amount of content, probably more used to shallow Bethesda playgrounds
>>
File: butthurt.gif (3 MB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
butthurt.gif
3 MB, 360x360
>>341884496
derriere devastated
pooter punted
ass blasted
butthurt

which one describes you the most when you realize someone is having fun while playing this game? I'd like to know so I can enjoy it even more knowing having fun makes you mad. ;)
>>
File: last.png (12 KB, 856x68) Image search: [Google]
last.png
12 KB, 856x68
>>341886203

Right off the bat you're wrong
>>
I stopped after 30 hours. Don't know why. Just shut down the game one evening and never clicked on it again after that.

Its just so....boring and standard.
>>
>>341886443
I never said someone can't have fun playing the game.

I just said it's not a very good game, and you're incapable of evaluating it honestly. Both of those things are true.
>>
>>341880791
I didn't like the combat. It was too floaty
>>
>>341880975
>playing only the last game of a trilogy
I wish people like you would die
>>
>>341881261
I couldn't force myself to play Witcher 2 and I almost gagged trying to play the first one. The Witcher 3 was neat, but at that point I couldn't get into the story unfortunately so I honestly didn't give a fuck about the story. It's a shame, I think it mightve been ok but I couldn't keep up with all the shit from the previous games.
>>
>>341886483

>Take last year's "Red Dead Redemption." You might think Rockstar's gritty Western would be played more than others, given the praise it enjoyed, but you'd be wrong.
Only 10% of avid gamers completed the final mission, according to Raptr, which tracks more than 23 million gaming sessions.
>By Blake Snow, August 17, 2011

After like 5 years only about 4% more completed RDR than TW3 in 1.

And after 1 year RDR only had 10%.

So you're going to say people didn't like TW3, which is 4x as long, because not as many people completed it on this arbitrary timeframe you've set up where RDR after 5 years and has been able to be bought and played for less than 10 dollars for all hardware and the game is barely scraping by more while requiring way less dedication?
>>
>>341886739
try to read the books then.
>>
File: Fuck That.jpg (223 KB, 700x1034) Image search: [Google]
Fuck That.jpg
223 KB, 700x1034
A true RPG is a game that allows you to play however you desire.

Skyrim is still the king and forever will be until Elder Scrolls 6.

The fact that they allow mods to further customize your personal experience makes it unmatched. Witcher 3 forces people to play 1 particular way which is Geralt's way.
>>
>>341886943
>So you're going to say people didn't like TW3

Who the fuck said this? You're literally just making things up that no one actually said you fucking idiot.

The argument was that console players are fucking idiots, not that "people didn't like TW3".
>>
>>341887061

>A true RPG is a game that allows you to play however you desire.
>Skyrim is still the king

But you play every class the same exact way and do the same exact things with the same exact people giving you the same exact dialogue regardless of whatever you deluded yourself into pretending you are.
>>
>>341887164

Well, I made the case that a lot of people liked it.

You disagreed, used completion rate as a reasoning.

I proved my case with overwhelming evidence that if people are completing TW3 500% faster than they did with RDR then obviously people like it.
>>
>>341887061
Baiting this hard.
>>
>>341887517
>>Well, I made the case that a lot of people liked it.
No, you made the case that a lot of console users say the game is great. That is not remotely the same thing as them actually liking it. My statement was that what console owners SAY is a great game is not representative of their actual opinions, since they rarely actually have any opinions on games.

I didn't use completion rate as reasoning though, that was someone else.

>I proved my case with overwhelming evidence that if people are completing TW3 500% faster than they did with RDR then obviously people like it.
Lul.
>>
>>341888027

>since they rarely actually have any opinions on games.

Beating a hundred hour game at a much faster rate than Red Dead Redemption says otherwise.

>Lul.

Cuck.
>>
>>341888175
>Beating a hundred hour game at a much faster rate than Red Dead Redemption says otherwise.

On easy mode.
>>
>shitty console action RPG
No thanks. CDPR are a bunch of hacks and CP2077 will probably also be shitty.
>>
>>341880791
WRPGs have done nothing different since NWN except add weird transpolynomial anthrogender bullshit to their irrelevant pulp stories
>>
>>341880791
Yes.
>>
File: 1444813268849.jpg (83 KB, 600x448) Image search: [Google]
1444813268849.jpg
83 KB, 600x448
>>341884496
This is fucking retarded, is like telling someone to go read the script for blade runner instead of watching the movie, of course its not gonna be as good, graphics are important, not as a standalone thing but as something that blends everything together, it creates atmosphere, give a reason to gameplay, etc, graphics in the game are fantastic and that helps you immerse in the game, you can´t detach them and claim that the game is shitty because its much worse now.
>>
>>341887061

That's a terrible example, especially considering the fact that Morrowind actually allows you to "play however you desire"

The game forces me to be Dragonborn, Dohvakin. I can't roleplay as anything else. You are always playing the role of Dragonborn, and being a genocidal maniac or anything other than a heroic dragon slayer is simply non canonical :)
>>
>>341888272

Is there difficulties in RDR?

It's like impossible to die no matter what, but its still pretty fucking neat and worth the 30 hours to beat it.
>>
>>341888331

>WRPGs have done nothing different since

JRPGs have been doing that shitty turn based bullshit for like 3 decades and you retards still fucking suck on that dick despite them having gotten easier to the point that it may as well just be a graphic novel without the retarded Attack button mashing so don't give me this shit.

And they aren't WRPGs, they're just RPGs. The only RPGs that matter.
>>
>>341888464
If a game is not fun to play without the graphics, it is by definition, not a good game.

If you couldn't take a game like TW3 and swap it's graphics for like, Morrowind or something, and still have it coast on it's responsive controls, it's interesting and intuitive gameplay systems, it's fun combat, or it's well-crafted roleplaying, then all it has going for it is the graphics, and that means it's not nearly as good of a game as you claim it is.

The thing is, minus the graphics, TW3 has a whole lot of nothing. Unresponsive and wonky movement controls, boring and ridiculously easy combat, a horrible inventory system full of useless junk you get given to you for doing repetitive quests who's rewards are insulting and a waste of time, bad RPG mechanics and character progression, and a story full of stupid and meaningless choices that go nowhere.

I'm struggling to see what it DOES have. Graphics? Woo. Great. 10/10 GOTY.
>>
How many games are gonna start copying TW3's approach to open world?
>>
>>341889000

It certainly doesnt have graphics on PS4 and 7 million people disagree.
>>
>>341889089
What the fuck do you mean when you say that? What does "7 million people disagree" even mean? Disagree with what? That the game isn't perfect?
>>
File: witcher3 2015-12-06 21-19-52-14.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
witcher3 2015-12-06 21-19-52-14.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
>Can we all agree Witcher 3 is objectively the best Video game and RPG ever created since the dawn of gaming?
No
>How can a video game do such story, graphics, soundtrack, immersion, gameplay, overall detail in such a flawless manner?
It's anything but flawless
>story
Have flaws
>graphics
We all know the flaws of this
>OST
1&2 have better tracks in certain parts
>immersion
Varies
>gameplay
Well, it certainly have improved from rooty tooty click and repeaty
>overall detail
They are minor

Witcher 3: 6.4
Witcher 3 with HoS: 7.1
Witcher 3 with HoS and B&W: 7.8
>>
>>341889000
It has a lot of memorable characters and sidequests, I find myself smiling a lot listening to Geralt be a smart ass, it has a decent, servicial and FUN combat, exploring is really nice because of two things, pretty decent number of unique quests and non-generic stuff, most of the time you enter a cave or something there is actually something there, not just generic respawning cave enemies like in you know what, and also how beautiful and immersive the world is, it makes you stop and enjoy the views every once in a while, yeah the follow the red trail thing is retarded, makes you wish the make another open world witcher so they can polish (heh) that a bit more, if you still think the only thing the game has going for are graphics you either played for 6 hours and got bored or can't recognize all the positive things a game can have.
>>
>>341889531
Is this satire?
>>
>>341890119
>ou either played for 6 hours and got bored or can't recognize all the positive things a game can have.

How exactly are either of these not the fault of the game?
>>
>witcher
>rpg

Its as much an rpg as final fantasy, fuck off
>>
>>341890278
>How exactly is not a computers fault being to hard for a dog to use?
>>
>>341882417
Dragon Age Origins
>>
>>341890278

Doesn't even make sense. It's like quantifying Breaking Bad as the first season and being like, "Yeah it's a lot of eating breakfast, some cool moments but not that great. Shit show/10" and calling it a day.
>>
>>341890431
That's a bad analogy. Computers are not inherently designed to be used by a dog.

A better analogy is "How is it not the computer's fault for being hard for a dog to use, when the box said it was designed for dogs?"

The game is, in theory, designed to be fun and engaging. It's supposed to grab a player's attention and make them like it by presenting all of its positive qualities. If it cannot or does not do these things, it has failed at its goal.
>>
>>341880791
>gameplay
>Witcher
>gameplay

Gameplay of W3 is total shit OP.
>>
>witcher
>rpg
>gameplay

top lel, go to quest marker and follow the red brick road
>>
>>341880791
But anon witcher 2 was better.
>>
>>341890720
Well it did grab my attention, and I was able to recognize its virtues, how is not the player that doesn't have enough patience/time/whatever to blame for getting bored?
>>
File: Inv.jpg (355 KB, 1886x1046) Image search: [Google]
Inv.jpg
355 KB, 1886x1046
>>341891237
>how is not the player that doesn't have enough patience/time/whatever to blame for getting bored?

You tell me. I finished the game, and it was boring the whole way through. Every one of those "unique" swords represents an individual disappointment.

>Hurrr u played it obv that means you liked it! lolololo
>>
>>341891467
How many hours?
>>
>>341891608
I don't know, I've long since uninstalled GoG.

Enough to do pretty much everything in hopes that at some point, the game got better.

It never does.
>>
>>341889531
>>overall detail
>They are minor
top bait
either didn't play the game or didn't bother going to locations after doing quests
>>
Is that Breath of the Wild?
>>
>>341880791
Do I have to player the earlier Witcher titles before this or can I start with this?
>>
>>341886642
Where did I say that you absolute spastic? I loved the first one in its time. 3 was an improvement on 2 but had nothing special.
>>
>>341892057

I recommend it. It's certainly a better experience to go through TW1-3 than to make sure you play every MGS in order if you like following 'chronology'
>>
>>341880791
No, cause the combat/gameplay is about as shallow as zeldas.
>>
>>341885781
(you)
>>
>>341891746
Anon if you spend 200 hours playing a game you don't enjoy maybe you are just a jaded motherfucker that needs a break from vidya, I'm gonna go watch the wire now, you can come.
>>
>>341892057
I didn't and still loved 3.
>>
>>341885835
The amount of people who finished Dark Souls 1 on PC is incredibly small too.
>>
Are there no mods that allow you to create your own character?
>>
Shit gameplay means shit game
Shouldve been a movie or tv series instead.
>>
File: witcher3 2015-11-30 00-06-50-72.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
witcher3 2015-11-30 00-06-50-72.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
>>341890147
No?
>>341891864
About 2.3 thousand screenshots, lot's of videos with webm material and over 300 hours of play in 3 while having over 500 hours in the first game and 374 in 2.

So yes i have played the game you faggot
>>
>>341892979
Then I have no idea why you can say that Witcher 3 has no detail while implying that the previous ones had it.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.