[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Steam Machine Failure >Steam Controller Flopped >All
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 1280x720
>Steam Machine Failure
>Steam Controller Flopped
>All Tf2 fanbase has left to play overwatch
>Ignoring Valve Fans wanting sequels to their games
>Losing money more and more from AAA developers making shitty ports to Pc
>People Pirating instead

JUST
>>
File: Capture.png (8 KB, 419x91) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
8 KB, 419x91
>>341861667
>>
>>341861817
>implying those aren't just bots to keep the shareholders off their asses
VALVE IS FINISHED
>>
>>341861994
>shareholders

puny bait
>>
>>341861817
TF2 had worse days. Before the F2P came it was hovering around 22K players.
>>
>>341861817
>66k autistic furries
Gabe is laughing because he is exploiting them for money
>>
Gabe died 7 years ago.

More in 15 minutes.
>>
>>341862093
i know, i think tf2 is still doing fine for what it is. all 3 of these games are money printing machines for valve.
>>
File: file.png (62 KB, 1026x520) Image search: [Google]
file.png
62 KB, 1026x520
>>341861667
>implying
>>
>Worlds best digital distribution service
>780,000 games available
>Making so much money they don't have to worry about anything for decades

So at what point is valve in trouble again?
>>
>>341862546
oh, for fucks sake, I cut out the meaning of each color.
>red is 2016
>orange is 2015
>blue is 2014
>>
>>341862735
>blue
That's purple, nigger.
>>
I wish something would come along to completely kill their CS and DOTA2 player bases. Just completely wipe out all their active games. Force their hand to actually get off their lazy asses and do something.
>>
>>341861667
>endless money through Steam and Doto
>>
>>341863035
Lol someone is salty over valves success
>>
>Steam Machine Failure
Alienware ate most, if not all, of those costs.
>>
>>341861667
source 2 soon
>>
File: NEver Ever 3.png (871 KB, 520x800) Image search: [Google]
NEver Ever 3.png
871 KB, 520x800
>ITT Mad Sonyggers
>>
>>341861667
>Steam Machine Failure
yep
>Steam Controller Flopped
yep
>All Tf2 fanbase has left to play overwatch
There was hardly one left, and F2P players don't suddenly play P2P games
>Ignoring Valve Fans wanting sequels to their games
they're making them, but Valve Time and all that.
>Losing money more and more from AAA developers making shitty ports to Pc
They take a cut from those shitty ports being sold on their store
>People Pirating instead
doesn't really bother them apparently, they could've gone full DRM mode with Steam already but they have hardly even updated their Steamworks to the point its cracked within days of release every time. They clearly don't care.

They're still a multi-billion dollar private company, the profits of which go right into the pockets of workers due to having 0 stockholders to appease. Pretty sure their shit is about as unfucked as it gets.
>>
>>341861667
>>All Tf2 fanbase has left to play overwatch
there was an article this week that basically said, TF2 play stats were completely uneffected by Overwatch's release
>>
Haters gonna hate
>>
>>341863486
Salty over their success? How about I fell in love with their games back when they were actual game developers and made great games, and I'm salty that they just up and abandoned everything good I enjoyed about them.
>>
valve better watch out.. MS has pretty much killed off xbox and is now gunning for steam with maximum effort, origin is only gonna get stronger because of Ea AAA games which will be not on steam. pretty much every big publisher will open their own store, get all the 3rd party games on said store. hell they might even try to hijack steam userbase like gog did with the like your steam account to gog and gel all the games.
Valve needs to get its shit together and start making games again. pretty sure MS will straight up ban steam from windows while offering account line to win10store to get all the games u already own on steam for free like gog was offering.
>>
>>341862810
>purple
That's violet, nigger.
>>
>>341861667
>le PC gaming is dead maymay
>>
>>341864358

They're running the worlds best digital distribution service. You've never had access to more games than you do now, and you have gaben to thank for that.
>>
>>341864775
ms store just needs curation
>>
>>341862216
Where did this furry meme come from? The furry pound server? Congratulations, you can find a server group dedicated to any type of undesirables in a well-populated game with user-run servers.
>>
File: 1466045545616.jpg (141 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1466045545616.jpg
141 KB, 1280x720
What the fuck was the point of developing Source 2 if they're gonna use it for jack shit?
>>
File: 3248206819_d2f501996d.jpg (107 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
3248206819_d2f501996d.jpg
107 KB, 500x375
>>341865001
I also have Gabe to thank for the best first person shooter franchise on the planet, yet he left me on a cliffhanger almost decade ago and has absolutely no intentions of finishing what he started. I'd sacrifice Steam in a heartbeat to get the Valve I knew 18 years ago back. Not to mention since Steam became a thing, we lost creativity fun and excitement from things like pic related and this: http://youtu.be/wKjPls9YGcI

Do you remember how awesome game boxes and manuals used to be? Or how badass a game installation could be?

Are you even old enough to know they existed? Or are you some 12 year old little shitter who was born into the world and only experienced the garbage, almost clinical systems we have for gaming today?
>>
>>341864775
> MS will straight up ban steam from windows
Effectively this is true. They won't do it quite that way though. What's going to happen is this:
They'll shift all their and third parties software over to their new UWP format for software.
At some point for security reasons they'll disable Win32 application support by default hiding it behind a system setting.
At around the same time they'll disable installing UWP software from third parties through the GUI. Sure you'll likely still be able to do it through the command line, but how many Windows users are really going to do that?
Steam, Origin, Uplay their time is limited. Valve knows this and that's why they've been pushing Steam for Linux and SteamOS so that when the day comes 2-4 years from now they'll be in better shape than the competition.

Before you say "Microsoft would never do that it would kill them!" consider that the corporate world has IT departments and different licenses, they'll get tools to repackage their software into the UWP format and place them into customized versions of the Windows Store, and how much of the mass market is even going to care?
>>
>>341866284
lol RIP in peace MS
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 640x640
But... I like my steam controller.
>>
>>341866284
This sounds like some sort of vidya doomsday fearmongering but I would not be surprised if Microjew would do something like that.
Thought they are going to get A LOT hate from that if it were to happen.
>>
File: steam_controller-config_app.png (82 KB, 867x545) Image search: [Google]
steam_controller-config_app.png
82 KB, 867x545
>>341866801
It really is pretty awesome, and a half million in about six months for a third party peripheral isn't a flop.

If it has any problem its that you can only get the most ouf of it on Linux.
>>
>>341866157

Keep making rabid assumptions because youre angry, its definitely helping your case here.

I do remember Half Life was first released. I also remember Free space 2, the mechwarrior series and a lot of other games by other companies that were comparable in quality. I feel like blaming valve for something they're not doing is childish, and what they are doing is a service I appreciate a lot.
>>
>>341867006
>>341866801
I was thinking about one because I want a comfy PC to use on my TV when I'm in bed. How well does it work on games that don't natively support it? And can you use it as a mouse pointer too? I'd like to have a Steam/media center combo.
>>
>>341864775
MS isn't exactly winning people over with Win10 and no mods.
>>
>>341867965
>How well does it work on games that don't natively support it?
It may take a little time to get a setup that you like for a game but when its not supported it will basically just act as a keyboard+mouse or a traditional gamepad. Some games don't react well to a mix of keyboard/mouse and gamepad so sometimes you have to be careful and only use one or the other.

>can you use it as a mouse pointer too?
Yes, at least on Linux it works like a trackball. I think it will do the same on Windows but support for it outside Big Picture isn't as good and I don't use Windows anymore so I can't say for sure. Its certainly not the best 10 foot experience to use a mouse pointer, but I've been able to do it ok on my 40" monitor if I quarter the resolution to 1080p to make everything bigger for games like Civ V.
>>
>>341867965
I've been using my steam controller more and more recently and I have to say it's pretty comfy. I've got my PC hooked up to my tv and chilling on a couch is very nice.
Getting to a comfortable point with the controller takes a bit tho. For a while it felt like I was adjusting settings more than playing the games. But spending time figuring how you want to map all these options out is worth it in the end.
There are also community configurations that you can download in Big Picture, if you don't want to create bindings yourself.
>>
>>341867006
How comfy would Mount and Blade Warband be on that? I was considering picking one up so I can play it on my TV.
>>
File: 47845469769.jpg (80 KB, 494x723) Image search: [Google]
47845469769.jpg
80 KB, 494x723
>>341864087
>they're making them
All of the HL3 assets that've been found in updates over the years imply that it's barely even a game yet, and Valve's refusal to elaborate on the scope implied by these assets hardly inspires confidence
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.