[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why hasn't Nintendo bought back the Rare IPs from Microsoft?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Rare.jpg (22 KB, 233x300) Image search: [Google]
Rare.jpg
22 KB, 233x300
Why hasn't Nintendo bought back the Rare IPs from Microsoft?
>>
>>341859234
They sold them for around £100m. Wonder how much they could get them back for
>>
I can't believe they sold them to Microsoft for all that money and they're getting Yooka-Laylee, kek
>>
>>341859234
Because 90's Rareware magic won't save them anymore. Back in the day, DKC's trilogy was fucking gold. If you had an SNES, chances are you probably had or played Donkey Kong Country.

Unless Rareware makes nothing but Call Of Duty ports, nothing they could do would bring Nintendo back.
>>
>>341859439
>Yooka-Laylee
That's not Rare
>>
>>341861125
Anon, i have something to tell you...
>>
>>341859234
If they wanted them, they wouldn't have sold them in he first place
>>
>>341861507
Technically they're right, it's by Playtonic, who may be Rare devs that jumped ship, but it still isn't Rare
>>
>>341861007
>Unless Rareware makes nothing but Call Of Duty ports, nothing they could do would bring Nintendo back.
Why did the platform genre die with the PS2?
Was it due to casuals "discovering" videogames around the end of that generation?
>>
Nintendo has more pressing problems.
>>
>>341859234
Because that logo is a toilet roll in the underside position.
>>
>>341859234
Because they are too fucking poor.
Nintendo is just a speck of dust compared to the corporation that is Microsoft.
>>
>>341863858
Because the medium evolved. Decades from now they'll be wondering why we ditched TV gaming.
>>
>>341865175
and everyone knows you should put toilet paper in the upside position to spare time
>>
Because the Stamper Brothers (Rare founders) had 51% of Rare, which made them the final word on this deal. Microsoft's deal bought every Rare trait from Nintendo.
>>
>Sea Of Thieves has been nominated by multiple sites as one of the top games of E3 along with Zelda
>"Why can't Nintendo buy Rare back?"

How unexpected
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.