[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this game get better? I'm 84 minutes in, just a bit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: header.jpg (46 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
46 KB, 460x215
Does this game get better? I'm 84 minutes in, just a bit after the Foundry and I find it incredibly boring. All the guns feel like pea shooters and have no kick, enemy variety is pretty much non existant and constantly having to spam the 3 take down animations to heal is getting kind of annoying. To compare I went and played a few DOOM .wads and found them immensley more fun and satisfying. That isn't with rose-tinted glasses either since I only played DOOM for the first time a few months ago.

Long story short, does the game pick up at all? Because right now it feels like

Go to X
Kill demons
Find Demon hive thing
Destroy it
Kill more demons until they stop spawning
Move to next area

I'm thinking of just refunding it and waiting buying something else.
>>
I'd tell you if my computer worked.
>>
>>341858181
Turn up the difficulty, and turn off glowing enemies, that did the trick for me.
Playing this game on easymode is boring, but with the difficulty higher it's more fun.
>>
>>341858489
Does increased difficulty change the enemies health at all? I don't want them to become more bullet spongey. I find it bad enough it takes two fucking shotgun shots point blank to kill an imp. Let alone how god damn meaty the pulse gun enemies are.
>>
>>341858489
The only things changed with difficulty levels are enemy damage and health drops, it's not like it significantly changes the game by altering the enemy composition like the different difficulty levels in the original Doom games do.
>>
>>341859173
>>341859006
Playing on easymode removes all tension from the game.
The fun part about harder difficulty is that you actually get more immersed and excited in fights when there's an actual challenge.
>>
>>341859173
>it's not like it significantly changes the game by altering the enemy composition like the different difficulty levels in the original Doom games do.
OP here, what the fuck? So the game has next to 0 replayability for the regular campaign, even upping the difficulty. Is snapmap at least good?
>>
>>341859469
Try it before you cry about it.
>>
>>341859469
the story has tons of replayability. you just have shit taste.
>>
>>341859552
I don't want to clock my hours over 2 so I'm still able to get a refund.
>>
>>341859402
he's asking if higher difficulty increases demon's health
>>
yes it gets better
>>
>>341859006
it doesnt
but they deal heavy damage and is much more agressive.
>>
>>341859469
No outdoor areas allowed, just premade indoor rooms that you attach together
12 enemies max active at any time

It's pretty shit
>>
>>341859606
Dunno, my point is that playing this on easy is a waste of time, it removes everything fun.
>>
>>341859707
So it changes the AI? That's alright I suppose. Just the last thing I want is having to unload ungodly amounts of ammo into enemies.

>>341859754
Oh, well that's fucking terrible. Why even have it in the game?

>>341859756
I'm playing on Ultra Violence anyway. I just checked the difficulties then and Nightmare is locked until I finish on Ultra Violence. Fuck devs that do this, seriously.
>>
This game is garbage. I am refunding it. Thanks for the help /v/
>>
>>341862156
Garbage taste
>>
>>341858181
It's pretty much the same the whole way through it never really ramps it up in difficulty or variety either like you would expect
it's not bad but it's also not le greatest game ever rip and tear xDD like some people would have you believe
>>
>>341862547
oh the irony
>>
>>341860271
>Oh, well that's fucking terrible. Why even have it in the game?

nobody knows, but they will add tons of stuff in the next update including outdoor areas
>>
>>341862998
Garbage taste
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.