[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now with all the new GPU's releasing, the price of the older
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Now with all the new GPU's releasing, the price of the older generation cards have gone down quite a bit.

I think about getting a GTX 980 for 360 euro instead of waiting for the RX 480 (which will be around 280-300 euro in the 8GB version I guess), since that one seems to be a bit weaker than the GTX 980.

What do you guys think? This is my first time building a PC, so I don't have any experience with AMD or NVIDIA so far.
>>
>>341857454
GTX980 will probably be only marginally better, while the RX480 will have longer support since it's a newer card.

Don't pay more to get about the same performance, with shorter future driver support. Unless you can't wait a couple of weeks.
>>
>>341857454
Wait till the 480 is out to get some benchmarks and shiet.
>>
>>341858709
>>341858716
Okay, thanks for the help. I guess I will wait for the 480 then. I just want to play 1080/60 anyways, so it will do the job I hope.

Has anybody a recommendation for the CPU to go along with the RX 480? I thought about getting the i5 6600.
>>
>>341857454

480 is just as fast as the 980, you'd be a fool not to wait 2 weeks to buy it especially since its more future proof than a 980
>>
So, when are the journos able to post shit about the new AMD card? I'm thinking new card around autumn, but maybe sooner, and I'd like actual, factual numbers.
>>
>>341859064
RX480 will be more than fine to handle 1080p60.

An i5 6600 is also a good choice, if you intend to overclock. If you don't, you might as well save 40 euros and get the 6500.
>>
>>341859486
6500 overclocks, well, overclocked pretty well when intel fucked up last year, I reckon you could still do it just fine if you mess with the bios, great budget CPU regardless
>>
File: 1461424333583.jpg (197 KB, 784x1024) Image search: [Google]
1461424333583.jpg
197 KB, 784x1024
>>341857454
>showerhead look

Why did every card manufacturer decide they want their products to look like shit this year?
>>
>>341859773
holy shit is this real life?
>>
>>341857454
I'm a Nvidia fanboy, but even I can safely say that the 480 will be the better investment, unless you have a Gsync monitor.

The added VRAM will allow you to supersample (upscale) your resolution, so games look a lot better.
>>
>>341857454
next console gen will run on AMD hardware, so AMD is already the best choice
seriously fuck nvidia and their closed features shit, not mentioning your already get a better bang for your buck with amd
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.