[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>feel like playing some old warcraft games since I love WC3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
>feel like playing some old warcraft games since I love WC3 and I enjoyed wow for some years
>and I love the lore
>turn on WC1

jesus christ, I can forgive the graphics and the midi music because hell, it was a 1994 game, but how the HELL is this game playable?

how the hell did it spawn a multi-billion dollar franchise?

is warcraft 2 any better or did it only get good at WC3?
>>
>>341856268
Yes Warcraft 2 is better you child.
>>
it didn't
diablo 2, starcraft and warcraft 3 made blizzard what it is today
wow was the nail in the coffin, that's what launched blizzard into the glittering heaven of billionaire sh
>>
>>341856268
Warcraft 2>3>1
>>
>>341856420
>child
I was born in 1990
I grew up with age of empires, which was released in 1997.

I honestly didn't think RTSes had changed THAT DRASTICALLY in 3 years.
>>
I haven't tried WC1 on it myself (WC2 works fine) but you could try playing it on a more modern engine: https://github.com/WARGUS/WAR1GUS
>>
>>341856529
Well you're wrong. The jump in technology from between the mid to late 90s was dramatic.
>>
>>341856750
windows 95 was that big, huh?
>>
Warcraft 1 was good at the time. Warcraft 2 still holds up today skip 1 and play 2
>>
>>341856496

>You like WCII more as a game
>But WCIII's engine is just that more versatile, and the controls are way better
>mfw wish there was a good WCIII-II conversion somewhere
>>
I wish for a new Warcraft RTS :(
>>
>>341856801
It was huge and graphics technology also took a huge leap in that time.
>>
>>341857156
well consider me educated.
>>
>>341856435
>diablo 2, starcraft and warcraft 3 made blizzard what it is today
How much of an underage retard do you have to be to actually believe this
>>
>>341856496
this is bait
>>
>>341856268
Warcraft was shit, Warcraft2 was the real shit.
>>
>>341857705
>blizzards biggest most successful hits arent the reason they thrived as a company

what was it then? lost vikings?
>>
>>341856268
Play the WC1/WC2 as custom maps of WC3, have fun.
>>
>>341857998
I think he's saying a bunch of sequels wouldn't exist if not for their incredibly successful prequels.
>>
>>341856268
>is warcraft 2 any better or did it only get good at WC3?

Warcraft 2 is fine, albeit C&C I find more fun.
Heck, the game would have the old "click move-> click where to" interface if it weren't for the E3 where they saw Westwood's C&C which used the current model of controls (albeit with shifted action compared to how Blizzard implemented it).
>>
>>341856268
>how the hell did it spawn a multi-billion dollar franchise?

Starcraft and Koreans.
>>
>>341858093
>>341857705
>>341856435
I think its a mix of both.
But the multibillion dollar blizzard we know came to existence around 2006 when their stocks started to rise and at 2010 to explode
>>
>>341859015
>Starcraft and Koreans.

Not at all.
This is absolute history revisionism.
Yes, Starcraft became a smash hit in Korea but Blizzard saw didley squat from that money, hence the draconian policies in SC2.

The west acknowledged the game, copied the 3 faction formula for middle, cheap and plentiful, few and powerful and fucked off to play better games.
The only relevant thing from Starcraft past 1999 was the map making scene which patiently waited before porting all of their stuff to WC3 which kind of spawned the ever-successful mapping scene in WC3.
>>
warcraft 1 was some nice pixelshit.

played like a turd, but they were still in the process of inventing RTS during that time.
>>
File: stunner2.gif (2 MB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
stunner2.gif
2 MB, 360x202
>It's a "OP is a faggot" thread
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.