[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Black guy playing Doom 3 >His friend interrupts him and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Shiggydigggy.jpg (155 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Shiggydigggy.jpg
155 KB, 1920x1080
>Black guy playing Doom 3
>His friend interrupts him and he dies
>"SHIT THANKS JUSTIN, I HAD 50,000 AND INFINITE BLOOD SUPPLY!"

Why do movies and tv shows always fuck up vidya shit and act like we're still playing for points like it's the 1970's?

>Somebody playing a modern game
>Atari sound effects coming from the game
>>
because it triggers sperglords like you and gets you to talk about it, which is free marketing
>>
>>341851121
This is a tv show from 2005 though. Exactly what "sperg marketing" were they expecting from a time when social media wasn't even a thing?
>>
Licensing / copyright / whatever
>>
>>341851015
>incoherent mashing of buttons that aren't synced to actions on screen
>no hud on TV
>Game looks like it's from 2002, even if it's on an xbox I'm 2010
>still has "Game over" screen
>deep voiced announcer narrates everything in game for audience
>"mom! I was almost to level 3!"
>Game has no checkpoints/saves. Still call each chapter of game "levels".
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdJpmxVvdsw
>>
File: 1466131597821.jpg (109 KB, 556x556) Image search: [Google]
1466131597821.jpg
109 KB, 556x556
>>341851356
>GAME OVER in dripping blood font that looks like something from a joke meme picture
>"DAMN, THAT WAS MY LAST LIFE!"
>He's playing Cowadooty
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYNUp5rAZJo
>>
Because it's about conveying an idea as quickly and easily as possible, so the most dimwitted audience member gets it.
You want the audience to know that the guy is slightly geeky and loves playing vidya? You better have him twitch like a fucking spastic while he's playing and having him say "I just need the last demon-key to defeat the cyber-dragon of doom!"
There, that explains it all. Even the dullest idiot gets what's going on.

If you have someone sitting with a blank expression on their face, with a controller in their hand and in total silence apart from some noises from the TV that could mean anything, then some people might not get it.
We all get that bleeps and boops means vidya.
>>
>>341852002
>This desu

T.V. knows their audience is a bunch of people who barely pay attention while drooling over their smartphones so they make it quick and easy to recognize whats happening so the watcher doesn't feel behind.

That's how they get and keep ratings. Why do you think the Kardashians are popular. People can just glance at the screen and see some bitch whining about something.
>>
>>341851015
I remember seeing some random cunt playing War of the Monsters in a Steven Seagal flick
>>
>>341851356
Hello 2010
>>
File: paulrudd.jpg (18 KB, 617x350) Image search: [Google]
paulrudd.jpg
18 KB, 617x350
It's done on purpose, writers are playing a game and constantly trying to one up each other. Last I heard the keyboard sharing hacking scene from NCIS was the reigning champ.
>>
>watching two and a half men
>episode where jake rents the "new final fantasy" from the store
>cover is clearly final fantasy X for the ps2
>later on in the episode you hear final fantasy IV music from the TV
>>
>>341851406
>namedrop Warthog, Jackals
>game isn't Halo 3
>>
>>341852002
>I just need the last demon-key to defeat the cyber-dragon of doom!

What game?
>>
>>341851015
Writers do this intentionally because it goes over most people's heads and pisses off those it doesn't.

They're trolling you
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ygKd5oxoSU
>>
>>341857716
Super magic wizards of calamity 4.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.