[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I hated Link's Awakening would I enjoy Oracle games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
If I hated Link's Awakening would I enjoy Oracle games?
>>
>>341839062
Probably not.
>>
>>341839062
No.

shit taste can seldom be cured
>>
File: Best 2D Zelda.jpg (159 KB, 470x700) Image search: [Google]
Best 2D Zelda.jpg
159 KB, 470x700
>>341839062
>hating the best top down Zelda
Yeah probably since you clearly have shit taste
>>
>>341839062
Oracle of Seasons is good.

Ages is not as good, but still enjoyable.

Links Awakening is unholy garbage.
>>
>>341839062
>hated link awakening
Go back to playing ASSFAGGOTS
>>
Genuinely curious here, anon, what did you hate about Link's Awakening?
>>
>>341839580
>Links Awakening is unholy garbage.
what a gargantuan faggot you are
why do oracle fans always have such a huge hateboner for link's awakening? are they that intimidated by it?
>>
>>341839062
Link's Awakening was beautiful.
>>
>>341839606
Boring and confusing overworld, terrible trade sequence, annoying text prompts and item switching taking too much time.

I like dungeons though. At some point I had it with overworld and played the rest with walkthrough.
>>
>didn't switch an item and tried to push stone
>here's 10 seconds of messages you've seen a thousand times
>>
>>341839670
You don't need to be a fan of the oracle games to know that links awakening inferior. It's not even as good as zelda 1, 2, and link to the past.
>>
>Hating Link's Awakening

I really can't imagine you enjoying much in life at this point.
>>
>>341839698
nah.
>>
is there some type of mod for these games where you have multiple buttons? being able to equip roc's feather and a bunch of other things at once would be nice.
>>
I'm currently playing through top down zelda games. Alttp to LA. Seasons was really good it's just annoying changing items all the time. Great dungeons but I prefer Ages in terms of the world and story. Linked game is a nice extra and leads on nicely to LA.

I can't imagine not liking LA other than the problems caused by the limitations of the game boy
>>
Oracle games have a lot more features to them, but they still feel technologically restricted. I liked them more than Links Awakening, but you flat out hating Links Awakening makes me think it won't be enough for you.
>>
>>341839606
>Boy oh boy, this pot sure is heavy! It would be a real shame if you got interrupted by text every time you accidentally touched one of these pots. If only you had gloves that could help you lift this really heavy pot!
>>
>>341839984
This, Awakening isn't a bad game by any means really, it's just unbelievable how so many cling to it and bash the Oracles when both games are obviously more improved. It's like listening to a try hard fedora lord, drown about how his taste is so enriched and unique and that, just like all other similar cases, is what makes Link's Awakening overrated as fuck
>>
>>341842443
drone*
>>
>>341839062
maybe i didn't like la and i love age and seasons
>>
>>341839479
kek
>>
>>341841763
This is a pain in the ass.
Same with "you've touched a power triangle it boosts your attack for a short amount of time. I hope you enjoy using it. It took 3 writers to write this so I hope you appreciate it. We will show you this everytime."
>>
Playing through LA now, I wouldn't call it a good game because god damn the three or so biggest flaws pop up all the fucking time

>TEXT PROMPTS
>ITEM SWITCHING CONSTANTLY
>THE UNHOLY SPAWN OF BOTH AT THE SAME TIME WHERE YOU GET A HUGE TEXT PROMPT BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T SWITCH ITEMS

The dungeons are neat, I dig the atmosphere (all these weird fuckers, when they said Twin Peaks influenced their decision for all the side characters they weren't kidding) and if you fixed the huge fucking glaring issues with the game it'd be 9/10 for sure.
>>
>>341839062
nah because you hate fun
>>
What did you specifically hate about it?

Because mostly it's pretty similar. Though I would argue, if you play both ages and seasons together as a whole package, they're much better. Much, much better.

Though if you dislike puzzles you're not gonna enjoy them.
>>
>>341847380
I already wrote >>341839809
>>
>>341847970
Well, item switching is still a thing but if I recall correctly it's not so annoying with the prompts (I know what you're talking about).
>>
I can't stand LA either for the reasons you've provided but Seasons and Ages are my favorites. Really rich games.

Also, play Seasons first.
>>
>>341839580
Awakening > Ages > Seasons.
>>
>>341848773
Any reason for that? Ages feels like it's the one meant to be played first, considering it has a lot more handholding in the beginning than Seasons does.
>>
Ages is superior
>>
Yeah, the Oracle games fix up a lot of problems from Link's Awakening.
Season's is really good but dungeon's are a lot more basic.
Ages is a mixed bag where all of the game is better except for a mandatory trading sequence to get all your items back and a dungeon which it's possible to fuck and make it impossible to progress. Ages is also a lot more puzzle based but the puzzles are actually good and not just sliding block puzzles and pushing blocks into holes.
>>
>>341850640
If you play Ages first I'm pretty sure you're locked out of part of the map.
Besides, Ages is a lot more complicated in it's dungeon design so even though it holds your hand a bit more at the beginning, the overall difficulty is a step up from Seasons.
>>
>>341850943
I don't remember which one it was, ages or seasons, but I remember being stuck in a dungeon for -ages-. Any other zelda game, no problems.
>>
>>341851097
That is a poor design choice, I'm sure many people started ages first. Hell when I was a kid I could only afford one and I went with ages.
>>
>>341851756
>That is a poor design choice,
I agree but that's why Ages is better to play first.
Besides, you should play them both ways anyway.
Going from Ages to Seasons means you don't have have a part of the map in Ages available but one of the biggest subplots in Ages will be resolved when you play Seasons.
>>
File: 1451893357887.png (77 KB, 248x232) Image search: [Google]
1451893357887.png
77 KB, 248x232
>>341839698
I agree.
>>
Link's waking up
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.