[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone help? Jace is worthless and I'm getting desperate.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.png (528 KB, 992x1440) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
528 KB, 992x1440
Can anyone help? Jace is worthless and I'm getting desperate.
>>
>>341834078
not your personal tech support, faggot
>>
>>341834078
Have you tried unplugging the computer and jamming a fork in the socket?
>>
>>341834128
This isn't /g/. And the public tech support is shit.

>>341834182
On a daily basis
>>
>>341834078
You tried running steam in safe mode?
>>
>>341834324
Like booting the computer in safe mode and running it? Not yet, but that wouldn't really solve my problem if it did run because I don't want to have to boot in safe mode every time I want to play video games.
>>
The fastest way to debug the issue is to remember when it last worked and then when it didn't. Did you install something, did you install any new drivers, and as said by STEAM support AVAST may be an issue all of a sudden. I used to use an antivirus that did not affect any other programs and then when an update happened, the anti virus changed a setting in windows firewall that fucked everything.
>>
>>341834549
Yeah, but it'll help you isolate the problem. If it works in safe mode then the reason it is crashing is that there is a conflict with one of the non-basic windows drivers. From there you can roll back and remove updates to find which one screwed the pooch.

You've tried damn near everything else steam and AV side. Only thing left I can think of is something with your OS.
>>
Works for me.

Marking thread as SOLVED and locking it.
>>
Time to reformat OP.
>>
>>341835029
There weren't any updates or new installs. That's why this is so fucking confusing. And I did completely uninstall Avast to no effect.

>>341835139
There's nothing to roll back to. I used Steam one night, then the next morning I booted up my PC and Steam just wouldn't open. Unless the Win8 shadow updates are real.

>>341835348
I was fearing this day would come. I built this machine mere months ago. Reformats are a pain in my ass.
>>
OP here.

Safe mode doesn't work, because I can't connect to the internet in safe mode and Steam needs the internet to run.

Guess I'm spending my weekend reformatting.
>>
>>341835545
>Reformats are a pain in my ass.

Reformats are lovely. Everything is so clean again.
>>
>>341837074
It's nice when it's done but all the shit I have to redownload and reinstall takes so much time.

I really need to invest in an external drive for backups.
>>
>>341837074

Tfw dedicated windows ssd so I can reformat easily all I want
>>
>>341837225
Dude, install windows to its own partition and keep all your files on a separate partition.

The only things you'll need to install to the windows partition and back-up later is programs that need to have C: in their path, which is mostly just older legacy programs.
>>
>>341837713
You can even just reinstall Windows over itself. It grabs everything that was on the hard drive and sticks it in a separate directory, then does a fresh install.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.