[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Tales of" Games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: tales of.jpg (90 KB, 540x338) Image search: [Google]
tales of.jpg
90 KB, 540x338
Where the hell do I start for PS3?

Should I get Tales of Xillia 1/2, Tales of Zestiria, or Tales of Graces f?

Should I get them all? Which first?

To my understanding, certain ones do certain things better than the others. Can anyone help at all? What's the best Tales of game in the entire series? People seem to like Symphonia, which I have on a gamecube emulator

Feel free to discuss it in general too
>>
>>341829462
PS3 probably has the worst selection of Tales games out of every console. You could get Symphonia Chronicles, but it's better on PC (with the fixes downloaded) or GC.
>>
Vesperia (needs CFW for english patch)
Graces F
Xillia
Xillia 2
Zestiria
Berseria (PS3 version is japan only, might get an english patch)
>>
>>341829462
im kind of in the same boat OP

I just finished Abyss on the 3ds (It was really good) and I dont know which one to try next

People on here have told me Xillia is shit and dont bother. I guess im leaning towards Vesperia or Graces f
>>
Symphonia, Abyss, and Vesperia are the Tales worth playing, and Symphonia isn't even that good.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 240x280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 240x280
>>341831731
>Xillia is shit
nice meme
>>
>>341832329
is it not? tell me more I havent played it. Most of the time people here say to skip it

If it ever goes on sale or something ill probably just get it for cheap
>>
I think Symphonia's a good place to start. It's worth playing but going back to its basic combat and presentation after a newer 3D title would be off-putting.

OP, keep in mind that opinions on these games vary wildly here. I love Xillia 2 to pieces but plenty of people think it shouldn't exist. Some people call Abyss the best in the series while others dropped it within an hour. Don't dismiss a game because some guy said it was shit.
>>
>>341832714
Xillia 1 was rushed but still worth a playthrough
Xillia 2 is regarded as one of the better games in the series (it reuses all the assets from the first game though)
>>
>>341832745
I really want to play symphonia, but after playing Abyss I know im really gonna miss that Free-Run option
>>
>>341830454
Chronicles worth it or should I just play the original on GC? Because I have that as stated.
Lol so no PS3 tales? Aight, wallet's gonna like that.

>>341831582
I heard Vesperia is really good.
Thanks for the help.

>>341832176
Which is the best?

Are there just better JRPGs out there like Rogue Galaxy or something? Because I love me some Rogue Galaxy.
>>
Symphonia plays like a PS1 RPG even though it came out in '03. This may be a pro or a con depending on what kind of game you are looking for.

Abyss is a very polarizing game, as in half this board thinks it's trash and the other half have it in their top 10 RPGs of all time list. (I am the latter). A solid entry in the PS2 era of 80 hour RPGs.

Vesperia has a very popular main character, and overall is a well polished entry in the series. But the western audience is pretty salty that there's no official translation of the PS3 best edition that has all the extra bells and whistles.

Graces is made by a different dev team than the games above, which makes the game feel a little different. It often gets criticized for it's very girly pastel color theme and the main plot conflict could've been avoided quite easily if the main characters had been more attentive.

Xillia is the first game post team merger, and the start of the current "modern" games. New engine, nicer graphics, more polished battle systems, less overall content, Costumes put into DLC instead of ingame. Overall, I would say it is the most average Tales game.

Xillia 2 has a great plot, but is 80% recycled content from Xillia 1. It's pretty much the FFX-2 of the series but with a better story.

Zestiria is a game that fell apart in development somehow, but they pushed it out the door anyway. It had a good idea behind it, but it just fell flat on it's execution. It's not terrible, but it's not great either.
>>
>>341836175
Thank you.

I'll have to find Abyss somewhere. I love PS2 RPGs. Symphonia I'll check out.

Vesperia is a no-go I guess unless I get a 360 because I'm not CFWing my PS3.
>>
>Objectively best girls
Symphonia: Sheena
Legendia: Chloe
Abyss: Tear
Vesperia: Judith
Graces: Cheria
Xillia: Leia
Zestiria: Edna
>>
>>341836408
Grab Abyss for the 3ds if you have one
>>
>>341838076
Wouldn't the PS2 version be superior to the 3DS version?
>>
>>341838802
3ds has way better loading times
>>
>>341838907
The PS2 version is graphically superior if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>341834210
>Chronicles worth it or should I just play the original on GC? Because I have that as stated.

Original has better framerate if that matters to you.
>>
>>341838949
thats true too

well>>341838802 you have your choice of better graphics or better loading times
>>
File: radiata_ps2_emulator.jpg (122 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
radiata_ps2_emulator.jpg
122 KB, 1024x768
>>341834210
>Are there just better JRPGs out there like Rogue Galaxy or something? Because I love me some Rogue Galaxy.
have you played radiata stories?
>>
>>341838907
And that's literally the only thing it has over the PS2 version. I mean, aside from portability.
>>
>>341836175
Vesperia is a very good game, but just as much hyped up because of exclusivity thing.
>>
>>341839073
I havent. I'm aware of its existence but I need to play it still.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.