[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, I have to ask this 'cause it's bothering me.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: PSX-Memory-Card.jpg (1005 KB, 2220x1680) Image search: [Google]
PSX-Memory-Card.jpg
1005 KB, 2220x1680
Okay, I have to ask this 'cause it's bothering me. I've been trying to get into some PS1 emulation, I tried it on PC, on my phone, and recently on my PSP 'cause everyone keep saying how great PS1 emulation is on PSP. The problem is, in all of those cases, I just can't save my fucking games at all. When I get to any save point in any game it just keeps telling me that the memory card doesn't exist. Since i am apparently the only human in existance who has this problem, as Google isn't giving me and answers, maybe you guys can help.

tldr; PS1 emu won't save, what do?
>>
>>341828997
savestate you fucking mong
>>
You have to plug in your ps1 memory card
>>
What game are you having this problem on?
>>
>>341829179
I know about save state, you primitive ape, I don't want to use save state. That can't possbly be the only way.
>>
>>341828997
You realize the problem and solution are gonna be wildly different depending on what platform you're talking about, right? Start with the PC emulator, what emulator are you using, have you fucked with the settings at all?
>>
Can't you make a fake virtual memory card on PSP's? That's how offical Ps1 games bought from PSN work, you setup a section of the harddrive like a Ps1 memory card and you save to that, you can even "switch" memory cards and choose what slot to put it in.

Surely non-offical emulation can just use the same principle.
>>
>>341829550
I'd rather focus on the PSP, I've mentioned PC and phone because it's the common problem I've had with all platforms. And since I'm very lazy I just went with the first thing I found on Google which is some program that converts files into different files and then I just pop them on my PSP and they work great, you know, except for the no save thing.
>>
>>341828997
On PSP, open the PS1 game and then press home. Select the memory card utility. What does it say?
>>
>>341829981
Yea, I tried that, it just says something about transfering data from one to another, nothing more.
>>
>>341830143
That means it is inserted and working.

It should just work.
>>
>>341829934
>I'm very lazy

Found the problem. Try researching for more than five minutes.
>>
>>341829389
>>
>>341830310
Okay, the last game I tried was CTR, I got to the save part, tried multiple times and it kept saying the same thing every time. It just didn't work.
>>
>>341829470
You shouldn't be calling people names when you can't get this basic feature to work. If you've tried and failed across three platforms it's not any sort of issue except user error.
>>
>>341829934
Can't PSP just straight play PSX ISO files? Why are you popping them into weird converters?
>>
>>341830689
Not him, but I'm pretty sure you need to convert them to EBOOTs or whatever.
>>
>>341830780
Oh yeah. Sorry someone stole my PSP like 5 years ago can't remember.
OP just download straight EBOOTs. iirc they're pretty common. No sense converting your own iso's since you're clearly fucking that up somewhere in the process.
>>
>>341830672
He said it first.

>>341830689
I didn't really try, I figured it can't be that easy, there must be some trick to it, and did what Google told me.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.