[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Fuck You, I HATE It
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (360 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
360 KB, 1920x1080
I used to think Wind Waker was super fucking comfy and I liked it as much as I do Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, but after basically replaying all three of those games every single year to completion, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are still pretty much the best 3D Zeldas, while Wind Waker is a piss-easy, short, tedious experience. I fucking hate Wind Waker, but the characters, music, and environments are still pretty good, I just hate playing it.
>>
>>341828162
The game is still good, you just developed a different taste.
>>
>>341828162
>using "comfy" non-ironically
>>
>>341828162
I replayed almost every Zelda game recently and Wind Waker and Majora's Mask are still my favorites. You're just a faggot.
>>
File: 1460119848861.jpg (19 KB, 255x191) Image search: [Google]
1460119848861.jpg
19 KB, 255x191
>>341828162
>>
>>341828162
You're basically me, Op.

I realized hated WW when I played the remake. It's just as bad if not worse than TP in its own ways.

Pinnacle:
MM
OoT

Kind of shit:
TP
WW

Shit:
SS

Promising:
BotW
>>
>>341828162
I completely agree with you.
>>
>>341828805
>>341829062
>>341829218
Just because Wind Waker isn't fundamentally broken or some shit doesn't mean it doesn't suck ass compared to Zeldas that came before AND after it.
>>
>>341828162
How the fuck is Wind Waker short when compared to MM and OoT?
>>
Spirit Tracks was much better!
>>
>>341829660
I liked PH better than ST.
>>
>>341829660
>DS games
>Good

I guess it's the dudes that grew up with the DS that are going to start parroting this.
>>
>>341829634
When you finish the fifth dungeon the game is over.
>>
>>341828162
People complain about the intro to TP but honestly I think WW is worse. It has a good pace at first but the bullshit sneaking kills it
>>
>>341829660
>>341829778
>comparing two pieces of shit
>>
>>341829438
I didn't like WW as a kid but I always thought I was dumb and impatient.

Then I played WWHD and realized why I didn't like the game.
>>
>>341829634
>Ocarina of Time: 8 Dungeons, 2 Mini Dungeons, 1 Final Dungeon
>Majora's Mask: 4 Dungeons, but they're much more "difficult" than the average 3D Zelda Game and have all the sections leading up the Dungeons (Deku Palace, Snowhead Mountain, Pirate's Fortress, Zora Eggs, Ikana Canyon, Ikana Castle), and all the Sidequests
>Wind Waker: 5 Dungeons, all extremely easy, and all the stupid fucking padding with the Triforce Shit
>>
>>341829858
No, when you finish the fifth dungeon, you have to go through long and tedious filler to pad the rest of the game out.
>>
File: SMT_Strange_Journey_JPN.jpg (52 KB, 640x575) Image search: [Google]
SMT_Strange_Journey_JPN.jpg
52 KB, 640x575
>>
>>341829872
Honestly they're both ridiculously terrible and I hate the one I've played more recently more. Like yeah, forced stealth section, then rupee grind, then KoRL being a bitch and whining at you that you can't go that way until you finish the first third of the game is really bad, but I can't decide if it's worse than the unbearable tutorial shit of TP and then boring wolf sections that dominate the first part of the game.
>>
Finding all the pieces of triforce is the worst part of the game. I did enjoy the end boss fights though.
>>
>>341829618
technically you're correct as the DS Zelda games happened. I hated the art style of WW but the music was good. The sailing mechanic was AIDS as fuck. Talk about your boring bullshit mechanics. Admittedly, they probably couldn't have ended the game the way they did if it were in any other style, but it still looked fucking awful.
>>
>>341828162
Yeah, the second "half" of the game is pretty damn lame.
>>
>>341828162

It was the opposite for me, I fucking hated Wind Waker as a kid but decided to give it another go when WWHD came out and now it's one of my favorite games. I really began to appreciate the sense of openness that it had and there are so many different types of collectibles to find in the overworld that I always felt like I was doing something, plus the swift sail was a godsend really.
>>
>>341830474
I'm going to nitpick the game to shit because little things bother me, but I hate the collectibles, I think they're idiotic. With the exception of the seeds, they have one use apiece that isn't rupees and the spawns are done in such a way that you only collect a sufficient amount after a certain amount of progress. For example it's not possible to get enough Hero's Belts before getting the Master Sword, which feels disingenuous to me.

Then after you get the one use out of the feathers or belts or necklaces, they're totally worthless afterwards. Getting a feather from clearing out watch towers feels like a slap in the face and heightens the tedium because you don't even get significant rewards.

Blue chu jelly and the seeds also have a stupid relationship. Collecting all 23 non-respawning unique blue chu jellies to unlock blue potions is pointless because you could just give seeds to the Koroks which infinitely respawn right next to the shop, and you get the same reward. So not only is the chu quest tedious, it's also completely pointless. It's like it's only there to piss off completionists.
>>
File: komali.jpg (16 KB, 269x379) Image search: [Google]
komali.jpg
16 KB, 269x379
Whenever someone posts that WW is their favourite Zelda i picture them as this little annoying fag
>>
>>341830975

Grandmas soup makes all recovery items irrelevant
>>
>>341831190
Needing to heal at all in the game is irrelevant since nothing inflicts any real damage, you take damage in quarter hearts, there's a "press A to quick dodge and counter" feature, and enemies will random drop pinatas that will give you more hearts and stuff.
>>
>>341831757
Well, WWHD had Hero Mode.

Which admittedly was still trivial because the game has no items, so they gave you a billion bottles and every boss has guaranteed fairy spawns in pots next to the boss door that you can abuse infinitely.
>>
File: tears-of-joy.jpg (39 KB, 714x540) Image search: [Google]
tears-of-joy.jpg
39 KB, 714x540
>>341831865
>you heal yourself in BotW by eating food
>possibly no need for bottles
>possibly no fairies
>>
>>341828162
come on, it's at least better than skyward sword. although i will agree, the sailing is tedious and the triforce hunt is lame as hell. there needs to be more dungeons and harder dungeons/enemies. bosses were actually pretty good.
>>
>>341829857
Phantom Hourglass was good fun. The touchscreen was implemented in fun ways for the items and sailing and Linebeck is easily the best partner in the entire series.
The Ocean Temple is really the only poor point of the game unless you have fat hands.
>>
>>341832535
I think the bosses are way too straightforward with the "use recent item on boss" pattern. Even when it doesn't make a ton of sense.
>>
>>341830981
t. literal cuck mad that his bird waifu got stuck under the sea
>>
>>341829883
protip: you still are
>>
>>341832434
there are potions, you make them. You use plants and Chuu Chuu goo and bugs and cook them.
Faires.... there has to be ... there had to be!
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.