[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've enjoyed some of the previous Zelda titles (Link Between
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: zeldaumap4.jpg (33 KB, 656x407) Image search: [Google]
zeldaumap4.jpg
33 KB, 656x407
I've enjoyed some of the previous Zelda titles (Link Between Worlds, Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess come to mind), but I'm kinda skeptical on this new, open world entry of the franchise.

I've seen the official trailer, the first hour of it on the Nintendo Treehouse E3 live event and another exploration video on the Nintendo youtube channel, but all the videos seem to share one quality: the world feels EMPTY, much more so than other modern open world games like Witcher 3, Far Cry Primal and GTA V.

It seems like most of the game is just like pic related, open expanses, which might be fun to walk around while mounted on a horse, but with absolutely nothing interesting to find other than small shrines and a few weapons that will eventually break and armor. And the novelty of riding a horse through an open field wears off kinda quickly these days...

The performance and the graphics are nothing to brag as well.

Are you excited for the new Zelda, /v/? Do you think if it was called something other than Zelda you'd still be excited for it?
>>
>the world feels EMPTY, much more so than other modern open world games like Witcher 3, Far Cry Primal and GTA V.

I can't say I agree, at least from the gameplay they've shown of the starting area. it seems like there's something new around every corner.

but you're right, from the demo it looks like there are definitely some empty spots. I really hope those are the exception and not the norm. a few locations that are completely empty are okay to break up the pacing.
>>
>>341823630
>from the demo

meant from the trailer, the demo was really dense
>>
THIS IS A BAIT THREAD
YOU KNOW IT IS A BAIT THREAD BECAUSE WE HAVE REPEATED THAT THE DEVS TOLD US ALL THEY REMOVED CITIES AND NPC'S TO AVOID SPOILING PLOT
THIS IS A BAIT THREAD
DO NOT REPLY
>>
>>341821689
They didn't show town and NPCs for spoiler reasons. So we still haven't seen how the sidequests are going to shape up in this one.
>>
>>341823765
well, that's actually debatable. they never said they removed them, they just said that they were not in the demo. so it would also be possible that that nothing was removed from the demo, just that the towns/npcs are outside the starting zone. it would make sense because the plateau is set up as some kind of sacred place.
>>
>>341823765
OP's argument seems completely reasonable, and I say this as someone who is excited for it. Not every discussion about a video game has to be two sides against one another, go to NeoGAF for that shit.
>>
>>341824038

I doubt there are towns in this plateau, like you said, and I'd be surprised if there are more than 3 towns in the entire game.
>>
>>341821689
What the fuck is that thing crawling on Death Mountain though? That shit looks HUGE.
>>
Extremely, why else would people be downplaying a Zelda title this much? Even after the abomination that was Skyward Sword?
>>
>>341824584
Master Guardian
>>
>>341823724
It's a trailer literally showing off vistas. And they're intentionally hiding anything story related, so no towns, no NPCs. Hell we haven't even seen anywhere remotely like a DUNGEON.

>>341824038
No they literally said NPCs and towns were removed from the demo area
>>
File: 1466134601169.png (119 KB, 547x609) Image search: [Google]
1466134601169.png
119 KB, 547x609
>>341821689
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.