[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this literally the only open world mech game there is? and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: xenoblade-chronicles-x[1].png (939 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
xenoblade-chronicles-x[1].png
939 KB, 1000x500
is this literally the only open world mech game there is? and its on fucking wii u, are you kidding?
>>
>>341821496
takes forever to get a mech too
>>
I hope From is making a new Armored Core
>>
File: drkatz[1].gif (332 KB, 518x350) Image search: [Google]
drkatz[1].gif
332 KB, 518x350
>>341821965
are japs so fucking robotic that they have never considered making a fucking eureka 7 clone or a fucking mech mmo?
>>
>>341821496
Not only that but the mech flying is basic as fuck and they control like a submarine in the air.

You can't do flips, rolls, and cool aerial shit like a good mech game either, you can only ascend/descend Z levels, move in 8 directions, or press both ascend and descend to just fall slowly.

It's the most disappointing shit in the world.
>>
>>341822178
Armored Souls
>>
>>341822178
It's been confirmed they're working on a "fantasy mecha" game that merges souls style with armored core.

Sounds retarded but we'll see.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (24 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
24 KB, 1280x720
oh sorry, theres also this one i guess.
>>
File: frmgrd1-600x600[1].jpg (78 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
frmgrd1-600x600[1].jpg
78 KB, 600x600
>>341822986
Do you even frame gride bro?
Seriously its next to zoe slave zero and virtual on as one of maybe 5 high speed mech games worth playing.
>>
>>341823276
Nah, I only played from soft after the started making good games, so after demon's souls
>>
>>341822496
>>341822496

Dude, it's their first time doing this type of stuff

I'd imagine the eventual sequel will have a lot more features for the Skells plus other stuff while maybe having a more linear narrative
>>
>>341823635
git gud
>>
NOW FOLLOW UP WITH A REAL BONE-CRUSHER
>>
mechs actually make the game less fun
>>
>>341823760
PAZZOW!
IT SEEMS THE DOGS OF WAR HAVE RISEN!
>>
>>341823635
You mean when From went to shit, right?
>>
>>341822496

They are relatively fun to control on the ground though, with switching between vehicle and mech modes. Flying shouldn't be seen as a big component of the game really, it's more like getting the airship in a Final Fantasy game. Purely practical.

Which is how it should be in a game based 100% on exploration of GROUND environments.

I'm glad I just delayed getting flying until way past 100 hours of playtime. I knew it would only make the game less fun.
>>
>>341824025
IT'S NOT OVER UNTIL THE FAT BABY SINGS
>>
>>341824107
>using the mecha for exploration at all
>not just walking everywhere on foot
How's that for a huge world.
>>
>>341824036
Souls are the only good games from ever made.
>>
>>341824358
>walking
>not endless running mode because you're the fucking terminator
>>
>>341824417
I think something might be wrong with your spellcheck anon, you keep typing "good" instead of the word "bad". It's ok, autocorrect is a bitch sometimes.
>>
>>341824107
>They are relatively fun to control on the ground though,
Which all goes to shit because the moment you unlock flight, you can't jump anymore. A simple fix to this would have been to map flight to "jump" while in mid-air, that way you can double tap jump to take off, or tap jump while falling to start hovering, but still be able to do normal skell jumps.

But yeah, that's all minor nitpicks of things I feel could have been better, overall I thought the game was fucking awesome and hopefully, they can learn from their mistakes and make the next game (whether it's a direct sequel or another Chronicles -> X jump in setting and style) even greater.
>>
>>341821496
Do MMOs count? Technically there was RF Online and that one mech-pilot race, but that's about all I can think of.
>>
>>341824972
yes they count but that alfa or whateverthefuck game and rf basically dont count because there is no 'mech' unique features so no. exteel is arena. was.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.