[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the big deal with player run servers? I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Bane.jpg (106 KB, 636x605) Image search: [Google]
Bane.jpg
106 KB, 636x605
What's the big deal with player run servers?

I don't understand why people get in such a fuss over them?

Do people want to see "Bronies only XDD 1 map only XD" all the time?
>>
Communities can be built around servers and if it always has an admin it's easier to ban someone who's hacking if it's not been detected by the developer's anti-cheat software.
>>
>Bronies

That fad is over, honestly
>>
Control and community- two pillars of PC gaming once upon a time.
>>
You are shitposting, which is against the rules.
>>
>>341811737
>Start up TF2
>Server browser
>Type "brony" or "pony"
>Get thousands of results

It's not over, it just isn't noticeable.
>>
>>341810502
people want to see higher than 20tick servers
>>
>>341810502
I always had several favorite servers when it came to games with server browsers

There's the servers that play 1 map 24/7 so if you feel like playing a map several times in a row without switching you can do that
Then there's the rotation servers, and in some games there's so many different maps or modes that you might want a server that leaves the shitty maps out of rotation. I miss having those choices.
>>
https://youtu.be/h9nL6Umrsrg
>>
>>341812789
>looks for pony servers
>finds pony servers
WOW FUCKING PONIES IN MY GAME WOW I'M ANGERY
>>
>>341813764
He's just saying the fad isn't over
>>
>>341813764
Calm down spergo. I was just letting you know that the brony fandom is alive and well.
>>
File: YEAH.gif (1 MB, 352x264) Image search: [Google]
YEAH.gif
1 MB, 352x264
>>341813693
Amazing
>>
I like custom servers because they let me look for, and play, what I want. Sometimes I don't want to play KotH, and would rather practice running the payloads. Maybe I don't want to see Dorado for the 7th time today.

On the other side, fuck all these modded custom servers, and trade servers. I'm looking for a game lobby, not "BUY HAT NOW" and Rainbow Pyro-Dashes Springtime Clopfest.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.