[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do people find this fun?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Path_of_Exile_Logo.png (166 KB, 460x300) Image search: [Google]
Path_of_Exile_Logo.png
166 KB, 460x300
How do people find this fun?
>>
>>341798482
The skill tree is excellent for people with aspergers.
>>
>>341798482
Autism with semi-decent graphics, it's dorf for the Diablo audience.
>>
I'm bad so seeing how far I can go in hardcore is fun.
>>
>>341798482
people that find pleasure in losing themselves in the repetitious nature of activities find this game fun cause they can do it without tiring themselves out as much as working a job or something repetitive

also probably 90% of them play in windowed and watch shit/listen to stuff
>>
>>341798561
Wouldn't autists want to 100% fill the entire tree up?
>>
>>341798825
But you can also try every possible variation. There you go.
>>
I love how you can tell who hasn't really played POE much at all.

Implying shit is super complicated and whatnot and requires autism and aspergers to even understand what to do or what's going on.

You are all retards, seriously though.
>>
>>341799159
You don't need autism to follow a build or just take the gear/stats you think are good, you need autism to come up with a build that mops the floor in endgame or is effective without spending currency.
>>
>>341799438

You need autism to understand how the game works?

Again, you are retarded.
>>
>>341799159
Nobody said you need it for anything, it was implied that is what makes it fun.
>>
I played this game for years and I give up playing it, its to hardcore for me the amount of game knowledge you need to know is to much, coming from an eve online player
>>
>>341800571

git gud faget
>>
File: 1418166163051.gif (967 KB, 245x250) Image search: [Google]
1418166163051.gif
967 KB, 245x250
>massive skill tree allows for tons of different builds
>creating a character that is endgame viable yourself is incredibly satisfying
>finding items that are worth something feels great
>constant flood of interesting updates
>stashing items/currency (some form of hoarding autism)

all in all i only play a character maybe 1-2 days depending on how much i like the build

i never really get into the actual endgame and i like it this way, it's a good timesink that doesnt require as much time as an mmo but still rewards you adequately for the time you put in

also solo selffound is actually a pretty great challenge since all the currency items you use to buy shit from other people basically become crafting reagents
>>
>>341798482
By rushing to the end game

Prior to lvl 50-70 (depending on the build) the game is fucking dull
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.