[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we talk about these things? How do they fit in to the lore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
Can we talk about these things? How do they fit in to the lore?
>>
The Guardians seem to be a more highly advanced Beamos. The Skeika really know their tech.
>>
File: 1462834165594.jpg (17 KB, 267x274) Image search: [Google]
1462834165594.jpg
17 KB, 267x274
Do you guys think the Sheika are related to the civilization that populated Hyrule before the events of Skyward Sword?
The technology matches the style of the robots and magic that you see in SS, specially in Lanayru Dessert.
>>
>>341798379
Probably. In fact, they might've helped out during the war with Demise and crated weapons just like the Guardians, maybe as a last resort weapon even.
>>
File: 1406696444313.jpg (38 KB, 468x474) Image search: [Google]
1406696444313.jpg
38 KB, 468x474
I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo pulled a full batshit insane backstory about the goddesses actually being ayyliums, and the Sheikah/Royal Family being direct descendants of them.

Think about it:

>Original Hylians had city in the sky and pretty good technology

>Shiekah/even more technology stuff on the ground had even better technology with time travel, electricity/beam swords, laser beams, etc.

>Floating airship/spacecraft seen in new Zelda game

>Temples have always had intricate designs/technologies/magic in them

>Wind Waker: Tower of the Gods was the most advanced technological thing in the game, with the boss being a giant robot head

>Twilight Princess: City in the Sky, Arbiter's Grounds/Desert Temple were the most advanced technological things in the game outside of the Twilight Realm

>over time, this knowledge/technology is lost on the people of hyrule, leading to regression of technology (as evident in new Zelda, Skyward Sword, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, etc.)

>Guardians and Sheikah technology in new Zelda game was made to protect Hyrule/Royal Family

>Only those chosen by the gods can wield/use magic and technology (Sheikah, triforce holders, those manipulated by triforce holders, and sages)

gods are ayyliums and sheikah/hylians are direct descendants.
>>
Oh boy, lore thread? Lore thread.

Has anyone discussed the idea that this game is literally "Zelda 3?"

As in, it takes place directly after Adventure of Link, and the Link who awakes in the resurrection chamber is the same guy?
>>
>>341796903

How are supposed to know yet, stories wise they didn't show us anything
>>
>>341801002
A Link to the Past is The Legend of Zelda 3: A Link to the Past
>>
>>341801146
In a literal sense, yeah.
I meant more in a thematic sense, and lore-wise.
This game has an open-world adventure more in line with the first two Zeldas, and it takes place in a world EXTREMELY similar to those games (Hyrule as it was is no more, monsters everywhere, people are few and far between)
Also, most compellingly, there's no Triforce imagery anywhere, much like there wasn't in Zelda and Zelda 2 (with one massive exception, obviously)
>>
>>341796903
magic tech thats all zelda has lots of things like this i think people are taking this "technology" thing way to serious for this game
>>
>>341801067
Here's what we know so far about the new Zelda story:

>Guardians were made by Sheikah

>Link has been asleep for 100 years

>During this time, "Calamity Ganon" has wreaked havoc on Hyrule but was contained within Hyrule Castle, and is about to break free so Link gets woken up

>Sheikah shit littered throughout the entire kingdom, advanced technology

>Kingdom basically abandoned/in ruins because of Calamity Ganon

Stuff we know timeline wise

>Temple of Time from OoT is in it

>Koroks from Windwaker is in it

>Goddess statue from Skyward Sword is in it (in OoT's Temple of Time)

>Rusty master sword in the game's logo and in place where Twilight Princess and/or Link to the Past had it

>Towns and villages play apart in the story

>Old man is most likely the same from Zelda 1, a descendant of the King of Hyrule from Windwaker, or a sheikah/sage of some sort

>Old ass sheikah live in all the sheikah shrines and give you spirit orbs

>Mention of an ancient sea that got dried up

This game either takes place after Windwaker/Twilight Princess or there's some timeline fuckery going on
>>
>>341802270

>timeline fuckery

This is the result of Cia fucking everything up space and time in Hyrule Warriors.
>>
What if:

>Ganon rose to power, just like in Wind Waker, and the Goddesses intervined, just like in Wind Waker, but instead of just flooding everything, they sent the Guardians to destroy everything and start from scratch

>Calamity Ganon hasn't taken over Hyrule Castle, he's protecting it from the Guardians

>Link is resurrected by the goddesses to defeat Ganon one last time, and in so doing destroy the last remains of Hyrule as it was, and bring an end to the Ganon/Link/Zelda recursive history

>The Guardians themselves are autonomous, and don't know that you've been sent by the goddesses essentially to help them. They just see Link, and they're programmed to destroy every piece of iconography of the ancient Triforce myth, including Link himself

>A late-game Shieka Slate program basically lets you control them.
>>
>>341802270
but all that tech makes no sense in a wind waker world, it looks almost as if the goddesses in the legends are actually just incredibly good scientists that created everything and the shadow people are a group of other scientists that wanted that power to rule the world.
>>
>>341802270

If Koroks are in then it is a sequel to Wind Waker, and it seems that the Hyrule in BotW is the one below the great ocean, it actually dried up and that´s why the Master Sword is rusted

Although is kinda odd to find Hylia statues, and specially in the Temple of Time, I thought the legend of Hylia was vanished over time and that modern Hylians (the ones in OoT, WW etc) only believed in the three goddesses.
>>
Where does the name Calamity Ganon come from? I don't remember hearing that during E3.
>>
>>341798379
I don't know how anyone can think otherwise.
>>
>>341799905
The manual for A Link to the Past already stated that the goddesses came from "a distant nebula". They've been aliens almost since the beginning.
>>
>>341803060
It's towards the end of the playable bit of the demo. The old man mentions it to Link
>>
>>341796903
I'm more interested in what was that floating airship in the sky of the demo. When the guy who was playing asked they totally changed subject.
>>
It's aliens!
>that pod you wake up in
>those weird ass names for everything
>>
>>341803503
>those weird ass names for everything

Anagrams of the devs and whatnot. If you're talking about the shrine dudes.
>>
>>341803642
Shiiiieeeeet

Still funky ass names though.
>>
>>341803060
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGXg0KTgbY0

Around 10:00 - 11:00 mark.
>>
They better fucking sell that lens of truth shirt at some point. I want one.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.