[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a faggot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Michael the Gathering.jpg (10 KB, 270x187) Image search: [Google]
Michael the Gathering.jpg
10 KB, 270x187
I just downloaded Magic Duels on steam and I can't figure out how to play a card for it's madness cost...not even in the tutorial.
What the fuck am I supposed to do with it? This tutorial is fucked and I'm fucking stupid.
>>
>>341796251

you pay the madness cost by first discarding the card

so you need a discard outlet.
>>
>>341796870
That's part of the problem. I can't figure out how to discard the card. I drag it over to the graveyard, double click it, right click it...everything I can think of. Only thing I get is "you can't play this card cuz it ain't your turn"
>>
File: 57594_200w.jpg (29 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
57594_200w.jpg
29 KB, 200x285
you only discard it via the effect of another card. Meaning you should fill your deck with cards that enable you to discard your own cards, pic related
>>
>>341798217
There needs to be an effect that discards the card, Madness can't do it on itself.
>>
>>341798217
You cannot discard at will. You discard when:
An opponent makes you discard
You have more than 7 cards in your hand at the end of your turn
You have a card that makes you discard.
>>
>>341796251
Try this op, when you get your hand dont play any cards and go to EOT with 7 cards. At your end step you'll get to discard a card and then get to play it for its madness cost. Thats the simplest way to discard a card, although its not usually optimal at all as far as playing the card, but at least you'll be able to try it out.
>>
Again I'm a faggot. I wasn't paying attention to what was on the board...
Thanks anon
>>
>>341796251
There's a 1/1 red Vampire that has an even bigger resemblance with Michael Jackson. Pretty good monster for early game actually.
>>
This was the tutorial. I had two cards in hand. One swamp, one some shit that gives me 3 life, takes opponent's 3 life when discarded with madness cost.
I missed that there were two cards in play on my side, one of which lets me pick a player to discard a card...kept missing them...over and over again.

Again, thanks anon...
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (31 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
31 KB, 480x360
>>341799194
Play him with this card and he fucking wrecks shit. He's also one of the best cards to trigger Madness.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.