[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's get a comfy isometric D&D games thread going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: 7798.jpg (249 KB, 761x660) Image search: [Google]
7798.jpg
249 KB, 761x660
Let's get a comfy isometric D&D games thread going
>>
>>341786501
BG2>PS:T>IWD1>>>>>>>>>>BG1>ToEE>>>>>>>>>>>>IWD2
>>
I just started NWN2. Pretty comfy fampai
>>
The story of BG1 was better than BG2's.
>>
>>341786878
What's so wrong about IWD2?
I disliked the reused dungeons, but apart from those, it wasn't bad
>>
>>341787245
3E is an awful system and the only effort the developers took to counteract its shortcomings was to make Bards less annoying to use. It's shit and singlehandedly ruined the game.
>>
>>341786501
I got bored playing Baldur's Gate 1. I didn't even return to Candlekeep before going, "Well, I'm just doing the same thing over and over again without any feeling of reward." Like, it shouldn't be possible for me to slaughter the entire Theives' Guild in Baldur's Gate, but I did, and no one cared.
>>
>>341787429

AD&D isn't awfull ?
>>
>>341787586
Compared to 3E? Fuck no it's not.
>>
I liked Arcanum & Planescape but disliked BG 1 & 2. Which other games like this would I like (Played Fallout 1 & 2 already)?
>>
>>341787886
Age of Decadence maybe
>>
>>341787886
It's not isometric, but have you played Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines yet? it's by the Arcanum guys and it's great.

The Mask of the Betrayer expansion for NWN2 is supposed to be similar to Torment and very good on it's own right, though I personally can't get into NWN 2's gameplay.
>>
>>341787686
Uh.... what? AD&D fighters in the BG games are so bland. At least in the 3.5 rules fighters can create "builds" as they level.
>>
>>341788149
Never heard of that but it looks interesting

>>341788249
I always forget about Vampire, so I'll check that out. I thought NWN1 was alright for the main campaign, still have to play the other ones.
>>
>>341788640
>At least in the 3.5 rules fighters can create "builds" as they level.
Which still results in them spamming one thing, except they're shittier at it than AD&D Fighters are and are nonfunctional out of combat on top of that. Fuck 3E.
>>
>>341789063
NWN1 main campaign sucks compared to the expansions and user made modules. Give those a shot.

>>341788640
3E fighters are trash
>>
>>341787429
>3E is an awful system
Nice meme.
>>
>>341788640
>make Fighter in AD&D game
>grab bow proficiency
>get tons of use out of it even if I'm not entirely specializing in it because stats are less important, HP is low enough for archery's lower damage to matter, and AC isn't through the roof so focusing in archery alone isn't needed
>make Fighter in 3E
>build around archery entirely
>be utter shit because TRAP OPTIONS FUCK YOU
>try to use it as a backup
>it's totally fucking useless because 3E discourages this kind of thing by design
>>
>>341789780
Facts aren't memes.
>>
The Dark Sun games are on sale on GoG. I remember them fondly from my childhood, but I'm worried that if I play them again I'll find them annoyingly clumsy (like I did with Ultima VII).

Does anyone know if the GoG version fixes the audio skipping?
>>
>>341790371
Unlike Ultima VII, the Dark Sun games didn't have shit, totally unfun combat that took up a large chunk of playtime.
>>
>>341789780
>>341790272
it's like i'm really in /tg/!
>>
>>341790371
I bought all their D&D collections because I have no self control. Pools of Radiance is kicking my fucking ass atm
>>
>>341790272
Facts can be memes but meme's can never be facts.
>>
>>341786501
How good is Planescape story? I am really feeling playing a heavy story that is actually good as a change of pace. Heard it's one of the best.
>>
I took a spot check of her thac0 if you know what I mean
>>
>>341790993
One of the best stories ever, and the first - and so far only - video game that brought me to the brink of tears
>>
Ok guys i need some recommendations. What are some good isometric rpg's? I already own the well known stuff like fallout and baldur's gate.
>>
>>341786997
it's really underrated, i don't know why so many people dislike it
>>
>>341791383
Arcanum has good writing and atmosphere, and a bloody awful combat system
Eschalon is also said to be good but I haven't tried it yet
The new Shadowrun games are pretty fun, although the first one is more like an adventure game with turn based combat scenes than a proper RPG
>>
>>341790993
After hearing about it I went in expecting a great world, some ebin plot twists, and some interesting but uninspired philosophical rambling. I got all that, but what I wasn't expecting was how tragic the characters are or how well it's core theme is entwined with the gameplay. It's one of those rare situations where it lived up to the hype completely.
>>
>>341791383
>>341791689
Oh and there's also a free game, Prelude to Darkness, which is one of the favorites of the creator of Age of Decadence. It's supposed to be hardcore but good.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.