[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there ANY good vidya news site out there? Any at all?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 1449848604016.jpg (85 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1449848604016.jpg
85 KB, 1280x720
Is there ANY good vidya news site out there?

Any at all?
>>
nope
>>
Allgamesbeta used to be good. I miss it.
>>
>>341783147
Websites? Don't know really.

I trust podcasts and TV Tropes more these days.
>>
Try Game Debate
>>
I read a local gaming news site, Hardcore Gamer and VG247. I have my doubts abot VG247 but Hardcore Gamer seems pretty unbiased.
I mean i used to write for it and i did it for free
>>
/v/
>>
>>341785430
>anime girl central that openly hates games
>>
gematsu
>>
>>341783147
who is this semen demon
>>
>>341785715
Would you honestly want it any other way?
>>
>>341785715

That's great though. Everyone's always bitching about the latest piece of game news, so it keeps me up to date.
>>
>>341783147

/v/ for news and more obscure games
Reddit for discussions

I wish I were kidding , just beware of all the sea of shit from both sites
>>
is gamasutra good?
>>
>>341786187
kill yourself, reddit is fucking useless for discussion and the only even remotely salvageable aspect of the site is how it's a content aggregator. if you want to discuss even shitholes like NeoGAF or GameFAQs are better options.
>>
>>341785981
Yes.
>>
>>341786489
Try reddit
>>
>>341783429

allgamesbeta is still up, it just changed the name to allgamesdelta because the owner of the previous domain was being a stupid jerk

www.allgamesdelta.net
>>
>>341786580
Reddit is VERY opinionated. Fast? Yes. But also biased in every conceivable direction.
>>
>>341786421

>if you want to discuss even shitholes like NeoGAF or GameFAQs are better options.

This quite honestly.
>>
>>341786187
Discussions on reddit are non existent. Only "funny" and meme posts are ever visible, since it sorts posts by vote, and threads go on for hundreds of posts that no one will ever read. 4chan, like other message boards and image boards, is a much better format for open discussion than reddit since it sorts posts chronologically, making discussion more natural. Too bad it's also all memes and shitposting here.
>>
>>341786326

is this bait? even before going full SJW retard and hiring that huge piece of shit of leigh alexander (which thankful has been exiled to the darkest corner of the internet) it was more of a "industry" blog than a proper news site
>>
I use siliconera because they don't bother with shitty western games and they don't bitch about the clothing (or lack of) or skin color of anime girls.
>>
p4rgaming

Is that still dead? What happened to it?
>>
>>341783147
rpgcodex is full of neckbeards, its okay.
>>
>>341786421
>and the only even remotely salvageable aspect of the site is how it's a content aggregator
Aren't they changing their algorithms because the ceo is asshurt that The_Donald subredit was able to basically take over the front page because /r/news decided to censor the orlando shooter being a mudshit for a day?
>>
I get my news from here or reddit. Aggregate with comments for context on every story is the only way to go. Gives you the fullest perspective on any topic.
>>
besides /v/ the only vidya related websites I use are hardcoregaming101 and nichegamer
>>
File: 1466024464751.jpg (112 KB, 544x696) Image search: [Google]
1466024464751.jpg
112 KB, 544x696
>>341788787
>reddit
fuck off cuck
>>
>>341783147
siliconera?
but this is mostly for jp games
>>
>>341783147
Why your local www.nuke.com of course!
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.