[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which Saints Row is the best?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: saints row.jpg (11 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
saints row.jpg
11 KB, 300x168
Which Saints Row is the best?
>>
2 is the only good Saint's Row game.
>>
>>
4, surprising how it's a good superhero game more than actual superhero licensed games
>>
>>341782513
It's gettin, it's gettin, it's gettin krazy
>>
Two. Anything after might as well not be a Saints Row game.
>>
I only played 3 completely and 1 briefly when it came out. 3 was much better.
>>
All of the anons who are going to say Saint's Row 2 are fucking wrong.
>>
>>341782775
Yeah lol
>>
Yes, Saints Row 4 was a good superhero game, not really a Saint's Row game, if you are looking for that then yes, 2 was the best.

But 4 was surprisingly fun.
>>
I honestly had fun with 3 the most, but I also really like 2.

4 IMO is fucking garbage as a stand alone game (and would have only been decent if released originally as an add on), and gat out of hell even worse.

never played 1
>>

2 was good too but the whole 'can't do missions until you do more filler le random quests' was fucking shit.
>>
>>341782376
All memeshit.
>>
>>341782376
2>4>1
We don't talk about 3
>>
2 was edgy as fuck
I liked 3 and 4.
>>
>>341783384
I don't think you know what edgy means.
>>
>>341782376

That's the only one really worth playing.

3 is complete garbage that shits on the series, 4 didn't take itself seriously to advert criticism, and 4.5 was just more garbage.
>>
>>341783384

Uh, 3 and 4 are way more edgy than 2. Do you know what Edgy even means?
>>
Stand aside for the objectively correct rankings:
Saints row 2 = Saints Row 4 >>Saints Row 1 >>Saints Row 3
>>
>>341782376
3 would be the best one if they didn't kill Gat for no reason. He was the only good character in the franchise.

2 is too gta imo. Decent, but not something to remember exactly, the strong point is customization but I don't really care about it. 1 is meh at best.

Haven't played 4 so yeah.
>>
1 Was the posterboy of GTA clones
2 Was a good mix of wacky and serious gang behavior but with subpar graphics and gameplay
3 Was my personal favorite and was crazy not in a "lel so random XD" but the hiring Sasha Gray to voice character. Best missions.
4 Was the flashiest suicide bomb against the behemoth that was GTA V and was the best way to end the series
>>
>>341782376
2 this isn't even a question.
>>
I couldn't play 4 for more than 6 hours. Even with the cool superpowers, the game just felt too much like 3 and I couldn't stomach it. If you've never played 3, I imagine 4 would be an infinitely more enjoyable experience. 2 is the best. Stillwater's a fucking great map, and I know the whole "quirky, totally-not-a-GTA-clone" thing didn't really become huge idea until 3, but 2 still handled it's humor way better.
3 improved on the driving and gunplay a lot, but they felt so dull and boring in comparison that I think in the long run it hurt the game.
>>
Every other site claims 3 is best /v/ claims it's 2

I assume /v/ is being contrarian again.
>>
>>341782376
Easily 2.
>>
1 was a good and comfy game which tried to bring some novelty into "gta clone genre"

2 was fucking amazing and managed to create a good balance between open world fun, over the top craziness and being a generally good game all around.

3 was ok and very fun to play but it lacked the feeling of freedom and open world 1 and 2 had. Steelport is in general way worse and less interesting than Stilwater was. Also I personally liked the 3 separate storylines thing 1 and 2 had.

4 should have stayed a SR3 expansioned, as planned at the beginning. Sure, it's probably the most satisfying SR game when it comes to spreading rampage and chaos but it's pretty much that and nothing else. It lacks this counterpart to doing mayhem that 1, 2 and to lesser extent 3 had.

Also honorable mention for GooH, because the devs focused on the best parts of 4 and imo made them even better and more fun. And this time they actually created new and interesting "city" instead of literraly reskinning the one from previous game.

Also am I the only one that would love to see the GooH ending in which the history is rewriten with Sains as badass cops made canon? I would love a game like that, it would allow to actually fight gangs again perhaps with separate plotlines again and it would support the general SR over the top nature quite well - even allowing to introduce new elements to it. It would basicly be return to roots with a twist and possibility of keeping the good parts of 3 and 4.
>>
2 and 4 are great, 3 was disappointing but I still enjoyed it, playing Gat Outta Hell at the moment due to the Agents of Mayhem announcement and it's fun, but definitely feels like a quick project.

I enjoyed 1 at the time it was first released.
>>
2 is the only acceptable answer, 1 is mediocre and the rest are trash
>>
Saints Row IV
>>
>>341783801
2 and 3 are edgy. 4 is ironic.
>>
>>341782970
>x2 is a good, but not x
kys
>>
>>341786550
I loved the flying mechanics in gat out of hell. They were easily the best flying mechanics in any game I've played.
Other than that though it was basically shovel ware.
>>
2. We're done here.
>>
>>341785083
>3 is best
Fuck that. I liked 3 but 2 and 4 are just plain better at what they are doing.
2 is a crime story at its heart and had some actual emotion to it like Aisha and Carlos getting killed.
4 was an homage to Saint's Row's past. It dealt with how the characters have changed and how far they've come together it even had some decent feels like when the Boss and Johnny were reunited.
3 just lacked any depth. It wasn't bad but it just wasn't as good as 2&4.
>>
It was really good until they started adding superhero shit which was just too silly and made most the games main mechanics redundant. 1 hasn't aged very well either.

So I would say 2 and 3 are good, and 4/3's DLC are not
>>
>>341785083
>I assume /v/ is being contrarian again.

SR2 was originally released for the Xbox 360 before the terrible PC port was released (and thus before any mods could fix it). Most of the people who say 2 was the best are probably underages whose first console was XBAUWKS and so they have nostalgic memories of their GTA ripoff.

Even with the GotR mod, SR2 is still a piece of shit that plays like a bad GTA fan game. The city is admittedly one of the best in terms of the variety of locations, but everything else from graphics to controls to characters are better in 3. Not to mention it's one of the only ones with decent co-op (it's broken past a certain point in 4).
>>
SRIV of course
It was my GOTY 2013 tied with MGR:R
>>
>>341782970
Oh I'm sorry. I forgot that you, anon, get to decide what a Saints Row game is and not the creators
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.