[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Death Stranding Theories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
So I know we're all having a chuckle at the oddity of trailer, but I thought it would be interesting to gather information we've all found in the trailer and theorize what it may possibly mean.

Don't misunderstand and think I'm saying it's actually deep, but I thought it would be entertaining to say the least to discuss it.

To start things off; Umbilical cords.
Every living creature in this trailer that seems to have died off (besides the baby) have an umbilical cord attached to them going into the sea. It seems that the world is set up primarily for him to view and the baby was next to him in a form of punishment. I believe the futuristic dog-tags and hand prints all over Norman are an implication of a career in the militia and all the "children" taken away by his hands.
>>
>>341767339
(Continued)
I think the hand prints we see are indicative of a soul as both the large ones going toward the body of Reedus have the tar-like color, as to the childs when it's wondering back into the sea. The body that we see is not the actual body of Norman Reedus, but a vessel for him to experience this world. The one created by his own hands. The 5 Ominous figures are odd to me, because they could be the ones responsible for all of this, but to who they're in reference to: I have no idea/
>>
>>341767339
Technically if every umbilical cord were still intact most animals would be connected to prehistoric times. Literally all humans would be connected.
Ofc there are species of animals where they don't have umbilical cords.
>>
File: DEATH STRANDING.jpg (96 KB, 1080x600) Image search: [Google]
DEATH STRANDING.jpg
96 KB, 1080x600
>>
>>341768262
That's why pic related is so interesting to me. Even creatures such as crabs have the umbilical cords. I am not one for hippy messages, but I'm under the assumption that it's an implication of the roots we all share in the similar nature of death. The babies body disappearing confuses the hell out of me. I would otherwise theorize that the ocean is intended to be the equivalent to "living" and washing up on shore is death, but we only see creatures from the ocean so I'm more than likely wrong about that
>>
>>341768939
I guess I'm one of the lucky few who's never really watched anything with Norman Reedus in it for me to have an opinion on him before this trailer. He just appears like a character to me rather than an actor
>>
File: 1466008645939.jpg (49 KB, 544x582) Image search: [Google]
1466008645939.jpg
49 KB, 544x582
>>341769161
Its the silent hills ip getting ripped out of Kojima's hands.
The baby has a lot of P.T. symbolism.
Ofc only speculation at this point.
The invisible hands that make the handprints however should be the most interesting thing to me as the only invisible force within game context is the player themselves. That goes for most games.
>>
Any thoughts on the handprints on Reedus?
I think it might be all the people grasping at him because he's the only one capable of surviving the happening, which also causes some kind of radiation that tans him wherever the hand don't cover
>>
>>341769883
The prints are similar of the child he's holding in the trailer but seem more faded as if it had occurred some time ago. My current theory is he was possibly a part of a military and had killed a fair amount of people throughout his life. I think it's no coincidence that Kojima's new mascot had come around the same time as this trailer and the cuffs on Reedus seem to have some agreement with this theory as they're a bit futuristic looking.
>>
>>341769803
Deep.
>>
>>341767339

Norman Reedus is actually a whale
>>
File: DST.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1536) Image search: [Google]
DST.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1536
>>341767339
You're immortal
You can shoot black holes
You can rapidly age enemies
>>
Mr Kojima,
Oh Mr Kojima
Why do seem, so lost in a dream'uh?

Was it money, fame, or glory to your name?
Do you have ideas, or are you simply insane?

Mr Kojima,
Oh Mr Kojima
What's your obsession with whales and wieners?

Did somebody hurt you? Can you say?
Are you artistically deep, or secretly gay?
>>
>>341772615
And idea where I can see a trailer with this resolution?
>>
ABUNCHA CREBS
>>
William Blake

"To See a World..."

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence"
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.

A Robin Redbreast in a Cage
Puts all Heaven in a Rage.
A dove house fill’d with doves and pigeons
Shudders Hell thro’ all its regions.
A Dog starv’d at his Master’s Gate
Predicts the ruin of the State.
A Horse misus’d upon the Road
Calls to Heaven for Human blood.
Each outcry of the hunted Hare
A fiber from the Brain does tear.

He who shall train the Horse to War
Shall never pass the Polar Bar.
The Beggar’s Dog and Widow’s Cat,
Feed them and thou wilt grow fat.
The Gnat that sings his Summer song
Poison gets from Slander’s tongue.
The poison of the Snake and Newt
Is the sweat of Envy’s Foot.

A truth that’s told with bad intent
Beats all the Lies you can invent.
It is right it should be so;
Man was made for Joy and Woe;
And when this we rightly know
Thro’ the World we safely go.

Every Night and every Morn
Some to Misery are Born.
Every Morn and every Night
Some are Born to sweet delight.
Some are Born to sweet delight,
Some are Born to Endless Night.
>>
>>341769161
>>341769883
This makes a lot of sense.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.