[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one sad to see a franchise forced to reinvent itself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
Am I the only one sad to see a franchise forced to reinvent itself to stay relevant? Zelda had its niche and was putting out top-quality games, and then some joy-depraved individuals come along and went "b-but why isn't it like Skyrim"
>>
>>341766485
>putting out top-quality games

>Skyward Sword
>Twilight Princess
>Wind Waker
>Phantom Hourglass
>Spirit Tracks

It's pretty sad when a series havent had a better entry than A Link Between Worlds since Majoras Mask.
>>
File: MvZ.jpg (210 KB, 1427x455) Image search: [Google]
MvZ.jpg
210 KB, 1427x455
>>341766980
>Any of those top 3
>Bad in any regard
>>
>>341767084
>Posting metascores
Are you retarded?
>>
>>341766980
>The Wind Waker
>Bad
Are you retarded?
>>
>>341766485
>Am I the only one sad to see a franchise forced to reinvent itself to stay relevant?
I know what you mean, OoT was a mistake. Fortunately the new game is finally moving away from that formula
>>
>>341766980
These are all good games.
>>
>>341766485
Too many fucking Toon Links
>>
Zelda already reinvented itself with A Link to the Past, and then dickrode that formula for 20 years. BotW is the closest thing to ye olde Zelda in decades.
>>
>Zelda had its niche
You fucking serious there m8?
>>
File: miyamotosan.png (622 KB, 856x441) Image search: [Google]
miyamotosan.png
622 KB, 856x441
Im glad aonuma style games are done. Now to kick miyamoto style
>>
>>341766980

Eh, TP is top quality IMO. The other 4 are merely alright.
>>
>>341767771
Skyward Sword was marginal but it had good moments (Lanayru).

Spirit Tracks was salty garbage.
>>
>>341767892
/thread
>>
>>341768169

ST had a great companion and dungeons. The overworld is the series' most steaming pile though. I've never seen a Zelda yoyo so hard between great and awful.
>>
>>341767892
This.
>all those varied styles
>Toon Link takes up half the image
Cat eyed fuck needs to leave.
>>
>>341766485
>I'm sad that a franchise can't get away with doing nothing interesting for the rest of my life.
I'm sad that half of the threads here are bitching about a game that looks great. But that's how it always goes with the newest Zelda game.
>>
>>341766485
Anybody who complains about the new direction after in being dead since the n64 is retarded. Wind waker was where it started going off course and started the other cancer toon link. Such a let down after the gcn tech demo
>>
How is this really such a crazy "New Direction?" Isn't the whole "the over world is like a dungeon in itself!" from SS an equally big direction change to the series?
>>
>>341769010
>"the over world is like a dungeon in itself!"
Fuck that shit so much, it just made it extremely tedious to traverse the world and backtrack (which you needed to do a lot).
>>
>>341769318
I would have been a little bit more okay with it if they didn't make you constantly treasure hunt in the same couple of locations. That would make for a shitty dungeon, and it made for a shitty world.
>>
>>341766980
Let's be real, out of those A Link Between Worlds is only better than PH.
>>
>>341769010

It is but people don't like to acknowledge SS's ambitions, many of which BotW appear to be expanding upon. Truth be told, 2010's Zelda has already been more restless than most 2000's Zeldas. ST is divisive but train traversal was pretty new, SS blurs the line between field and dungeon, and ALBW fucks with dungeon progression with its item rental system. This has probably been the most experimental period for Zelda since MM.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.