[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game is a masterpiece.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: beautiful.jpg (364 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
beautiful.jpg
364 KB, 1920x1080
This game is a masterpiece.
>>
(You)
>>
Still mad.
>>
File: 1443407679179.jpg (123 KB, 1142x704) Image search: [Google]
1443407679179.jpg
123 KB, 1142x704
>multiplayer is fun as fuck
>not playable offline with a team of random bots who can also fill empty spots online
>no splitscreen
>>
You know, gameplay speaking, this game is actually really good, the best out of the series.

People just like to bash it constantly because the ending sucks and because it's popular and accepted around here.

It's definitely a fun game though.
>>
File: fuckyes.jpg (362 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fuckyes.jpg
362 KB, 1920x1080
>>341748089
Definitely.
>>
Best scenery for sure. The reapers in the distance in every planets, the smallness of everything else. I just hoped they never saw me

https://youtu.be/BQ_1B-y32Co?t=3m12s
>>
File: 1463141303335.jpg (43 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1463141303335.jpg
43 KB, 256x256
>>341747596
>ME3
>Masterpiece

Don't even bait with this shit. Just seeing this screenshot is such a trigger. I truly have no idea how they could have fucked up so badly.

Where the fuck did Shepard's confidence go in this game? In ME1 and 2, when asked if they could stop the enemy dead in their tracks, Shepard would answer "Fuck yeah, of course were gonna win." But in ME3, when confronted with the question of winning against the Reapers, he was just like "I dunno. Maybe. I can't say for sure." You didn't even have the CHOICE to say otherwise. Hell, it feels like there was way less choice than any other ME game.

And don't even get me started with that fucking ending. Nobody agrees that it was a good ending.
>>
The only game I dont regret not finishing.
>>
>>341747596
>3 color
Triggered
>>
>>341748712
>And don't even get me started with that fucking ending. Nobody agrees that it was a good ending.

thankfully there's the LIME mod (Less Is More Ending), which gives me satisfaction, but official they totally fucked it.
>>
File: turrent.jpg (361 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
turrent.jpg
361 KB, 1920x1080
>>341748712
>the ending wasn't as great as I thought it was gonna be

Cool? Yeah, that doesn't stop you from having the best time of your life playing everything that comes before that "horrible" ending.
>>
>>341748083
ME3 had more fun multiplayer than most multiplayer only games.
>>
>>341748712
For all of the improvements to gameplay, the story and actual role-playing went straight down the gutter, and unfortunately that was two-thirds of the reason to play the first two games. It literally became an entirely different game and genre in the third version.
>>
>>341747596
Who is that in on the bottom right?
>>
>>341749350
>turrent
yeah now I know yoiu're just baiting
I'm outta here
>>
>>341749350
Nah. The gameplay was good, yeah, but the story was garbage from the very start.

If you look at the themes, dilemmas, and story of the first two games, 3 comes completely out of nowhere and shits all over them. It's like Shepard suddenly becomes an entirely different character on a fundamental level, and suddenly you don't have 3+ ways to roleplay his character like you did in the previous games; indeed you only have two paths, neither of which were present in the previous two games. Galaxy-spanning decisions that were PROMISED (by Bioware themselves, many times) to have a large and direct impact on the story of 3 ultimately became numbers on a screen that changed absolutely nothing besides flavor text and could be entirely circumvented. You could achieve any of the so-called "endings" within 3 alone, the decisions of the past games made no difference whatsoever, you didn't even have to touch ME1 or ME2 to get whatever ending you wished for, and anything that seemed important (such as Wrex being dead) ultimately didn't matter since the role of that thing would just be taken over by someone else (see: Wrex's nearly identical but more dickish brother).

The entire game's story and theme was a clusterfuck and nothing could have redeemed it, the endings were only the turd atop the vomit cake. The multiplayer was top-tier, though.
>>
File: 1464119314293.jpg (426 KB, 1748x1460) Image search: [Google]
1464119314293.jpg
426 KB, 1748x1460
>>341750021
>>
>>341750320
What's his name again?
>>
>>341748089
I don't know if you're memeing or not, but I agree. The ending tarnished an otherwise good game.
>>
>>341750021
BLAST HARDCHEESE
>>
>>341747596
>remember the joy and wonder I was filled with in Mass Effect
>remember the disappointment I felt with Mass Effect 2
>remember not even playing Mass Effect 3 cause I already made up my own story where the game ended after the first one
>>
>>341750531
John Rambro
>>
>>341748089
Few people will agree with you, but this pretty much sums up this game entirely. Just finished a playthrough of it the other day, and the entire game was great besides the ending.
>>
>>341750531
Surprisingly likable buff guy played by 90's has been.
>>
MARAUDER SHIELDS
>>
>>341748089
They went overboard with the cheesy parkour event things. That really ticked me off.
>>
>>341751029
never forget
>>
>>341751025
He really was, wasn't he? Suffered from bioware hamfistedly trying to make him pass off as a spic, but he was much more tolerable than eg miranda and jacob.
>>
I liked all 3
Mass effect always brings the feels
>>
>>341751046
people bash it because it lost all the things that made the previous games fun including a lot of RPG elements for the sake of a tacked on multiplayer.

There was no exploration, next to no side quests and the plot sucked ass. It was more an action game than an RPG. It made a huge deal about building indiviual units and recruiting who you could for the final battle but you never saw those units at all in said final battle.
>>
The problem with the ending was that it retroactively ruined ME1 and ME2.

Before it I always played Mass Effect thinking my decisions had weight and were relevant: the Rachni queen, saving the Council, etc,

But in the end it was all pointless and no matter what you would just choose one of three different endings with very slight differences depending on those shitty points.

I have never replayed Mass Effect again.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.