[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when people were hyped for this shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 7
File: cover_large.jpg (125 KB, 600x742) Image search: [Google]
cover_large.jpg
125 KB, 600x742
Remember when people were hyped for this shit?
>>
No.
>>
"Optimistic, but hesitant" is pretty much the best that game ever got out of me.
>>
Might be living under a cave here, but did anything go wrong with it?
>>
>>341736582
no its just a nintendo shitter trying to pretend that 1 game they got is somehow surpassing all other games
>>
Didn't even get shown at e3. Dead in the water
>>
>>341735659
I was, but now I sort of feel like this game is gonna be a letdown. The fact that devs know little to nothing about it just shows that this is just a random world generator.
>>
>>341736654
Is there anything unrelated to the devs that should actually make people un-hyped?
>>
Didn't even get shown behind closed doors at E3. This thing is going to be a disaster.
>>
>>341735659
I never understood why people were in the first place but I do sort of get that some people really enjoy exploration.
>>
>>341736771

the only feature i've heard about is finding random generated creatures and naming them
>>
>>341736878
isn't E3 mostly for even newer games though? I mean this one is meant to come out in a couple of months and was shown at E3 already
>>
>>341736878
just huge worlds with nothing in them

i can see it now
>>
I remember when I was, but after the series of delays I don't care anymore. No doubt it'll be a case of overpromising and lacklustre delivery.
>>
I wanted this for max comfy flyan, exploran, huntan. Hope it doesn't turn out like complete shit.
>>
I personally can't wait to meet up with my friends and explore the universe together.
>>
>Game was supposed to release next week
>We still haven't seen a member of the public play the game

I want to get excited for this game but I'm not sure it even exists.
>>
>>341735659
I can't wait to watch this game flop.
>>
Im still hyped tho.
>>
>>341735659
Looked great at the first reveal trailer in 2014. Then the more they showed the less excited i got.

I'm sure it will be fun, but there's no way i'm paying full price for it.
>>
>>341736825
I don't know about that, but it has been delayed 2 times now and there's barely any gameplay footage.
>>
>>341735659
No, it was all shills and rmaybe a few retards who also fell for Scam Citizen. The only upcoming sandbox game that /v/ is hyped for right now is Bannerlord.
>>
The owner of my local mom and pop game store bought a ps4 exclusively to play this. He bought into the hype hard. Kinda sad.
>>
>>341737225
It was delayed until August.
>>
Why was ANYONE hyped about it? I remember people were, but never understood their reasonings. They showed nothing and the stuff that did were obvious Molyneux-tier fake promises.
>>
>>341737782
People thought it was going to be multiplayer and you'd be able to fuck someone's planet up and the changes would be permanent but it ended up being single player where the world resets everytime you leave
>>
>>341735659
oh yeah we will explore those planets,shoot some space shit and then what? nothing. I dont feel like there is more to it than what the trailers are showing and i really wanted it to be an adventure in unknown world.
>>
I can't get hype about indie games anymore
>>
>>341735659
Elite dangerous 2.5
>>
>Developer got Sony involved
>Sony wanted massive marketing
>Developer continuously bitched to Sony (and on camera) how stupid it was to try and mass advertise an exploration game as it kills the entire point of exploration revealing everything
>Sony finally listens and stops forcing developer to release new information
>All is right in the world
Im looking forward to it, we so rarely get exploration games these days ill take anything.
>>
>>341738091
It's not really an exploration game if everything is randomly made and the planet that you previously explored is completely different making exploring it useless
>>
>>341737592
>Bannerlord

plz be soon
>>
yeah, back before people found out it was singleplayer. maybe ill pirate it if im bored
>>
>>341738206
The procedural planets are the canvas to the actual exploration elements. They've revealed some of these, like alien languages, already.

>previously explored is completely different making exploring it useless
Its not RNG like that. Planet X will always look like Planet X, and the hill on Planet X will always be there if you go back.
>>
>>341738414
Yeah but you can't shape the planet or anything since it resets
>>
>>341738540
True, but that doesnt really fit into the game either. Its not minecraft, the point is to keep moving through space not to settle down.
>>
>>341737174

>he doesn't know
>>
>>341735659
Noone is dumb enough to be hyped for a LE INFINITE game.
>>
>>341736654
>B-but nintendo!

Like pottery
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (170 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
170 KB, 1280x720
>>341738783
i fell for the cubeworld meme
>>
>>341738091
>Guys our game has billions of planers
>But we can't really advertise because then we'll show too much

Kek
>>
>>341739075
See >>341738414
>>
They can't get the PS4 version to cache the randomly generated worlds.
>>
>>341739349
Yes they can, its just a handful of lines of algorithm.
>>
>>341738901
>like pottery
>>
>>341737239
>You enjoy things I dont, I want you to stop
/v/ in a nutshell
pls die
>>
Can you build something, like a cool city?
>>
>>341739214
>See

What is there to see? Billions of planets and they can't show any off for fear of showing too much. Billions is a big number. Something is fishy as fuck that they can't show just a few new ones out of billions.

Any normal human would have red flags going off about that.
>>
>>341739513
The city would be gone as soon as you leave the planet so no
>>
>>341739387
Nope. They can't do it without causing the game to crash. That's why it's delayed and sony won't even mention its existence anymore.
>>
>>341739515
See the post twat, the planets are a backdrop to the exploration elements
>>
File: 1465840617719.png (109 KB, 1228x1502) Image search: [Google]
1465840617719.png
109 KB, 1228x1502
sonydrones overhyped this, this was easily the worst game of all time, I really didn't understand how they got hype for the space travel and exploration. Shit made me fall asleep, now they realize that's all there is. Fucking drones
>>
>>341739574
Nice source
>>
It seemed to me that the only real difference between planets was a color palette. On top of that, there doesn't seem to be any actual goal or reason to play beyond exploration.
>>
>>341739574
Feel free to post source, because the game itself is only 10gb and it streams in a minuscule amount of data as you roam.
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 212x116) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 212x116
Guys remember this other Sony lie ?
>>
>>341739513
you cant built anything. all you do in the game is fight robot policemen, shoot rocks/wildlife, collect chemicals/ore, learn alien language at monoliths, travel through space. There is tonnes to do actually now that i have listed them. GOTY
>>
>>341735659
No, I've just known its name forever. I've only once heard it being mentioned, and that was by the most normal man I know.
I honestly don't even know what it is other than a PS4 title that I'm probably never going to play. It may as well be on the Xbone or the Ouya.
>>
File: 131970890582.jpg (10 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
131970890582.jpg
10 KB, 180x180
>>341739676
>>
>>341739604
>Planets are the backdrop

You're one of those faggots that thinks drifting through an empty area devoid of anything is exploration.
>>
>>341738540
>341738540
Nothing resets, all changes are saved on your machine, and "significant changes" (whatever the fuck that means) are saved on the server for everyone. If you blast a hole in the ground it will always be there in that exact spot.
>>
>>341739687
>exploration game where the entire point of the game is finding the things you can do in the universe
>OMG WHY HAVNT THEY TOLD US EVERYTHING YOU CAN DO
I mean really, /v/ users are stupid but you're pushing this to new limits. They revealed the languages and other bits to show there are features in the game, you have to find them though.
>>
>>341739742

it's coming out DRM free for PC on GoG too

:^)
>>
>>341738581
>>341738540
The planet does not reset, for you. When you dig a hole and come back to it later it will still be there. It does stay original to any other people finding the planet however.
>>
I'm in the "Could be neat" camp. But I'm not rushing out to buy this at release.
>>
>>341739848
Please learn to read because that isnt what im saying at all and im not going to keep saying the same thing over and over just because you cant understand it.
>>
>>341739559
What kind of shit is this? Why can't you just save the game state? The Daggerfall sandbox was more sophisticated than this.
>>
>>341739867
Saving changes on the machine means there will be syncing issues if they were to add coop
>>
>>341739515
I'm honestly expecting a lot of rehashing. Just "This planet has purple planets" and "This planet has a green sky" but everything else is the same.
>>
>>341739949
>The planets are le canvas to exploration

You sound like a pretentious cunt.
>>
>>341739687
>Oh wow a new RPG game
>WHY THE FUCK HAVNT THEY TOLD US EVERY SINGLE DIALOGUE OPTION THIS IS BULLSHIT THEY MUST NOT EXIST
This is what you are doing. Its an exploration game. You explore and find things to do. Thats what exploration games are.
>>
fuck off shill
>>
>>341739687
>>341739869
Learning alien languages using some alien rosetta stone. Hm. I can see how this will be popular with the kids.
>>
>>341739939
>It does stay original to any other people finding the planet however.
See, what's the fucking point of this? It would be nice to actually see the marks other people have made on a certain world.

Don't tell me it's to prevent griefing/resource depletion. After all the keep yammering on about
>muh billions of planets
>>
>>341740053
Yeah, resort to insults, see if that helps prove how smart you are unable to grasp simple concepts.
>>
>>341739939
You can dig holes? Now I'm interested.
>>
>>341740179
Would the servers handle it?
>>
>>341740128
>showing one part of a planet of of muh 6 million will ruin everything
>>
>>341740179
The games MP is like Journeys, its not a big part of the game.

Its best to think of it as offline with the ability to visit the same planets as other people have visited.
>>
>>341736878
>>341737075
It's going to sell though, so what does the quality of the game matter
>>
>>341740221
Your weapon is a multitool that can shoot enemies, dig stuff, take resources, scan animals etc. With certain types of ammo (I think) you can blast holes
>>
>>341735659
I'm looking forward to it, although they probably killed a lot of hype and buzz around it because they pushed the release date so far back when it was close to coming out
>>
>Reminder that theres a LOT of info on this game

It's just that you have to watch like two hours worth of interviews, but they have talked at length about everything the game is, has and does and how it does it. I won't go into specifics here because I'll get called a shill, look it up yourself if you are interested
>>
>>341737510
because they've already shown the entire game. you walk around on a planet and that's it
>>
>>341740326
I don't get why you couldn't have a multiplayer.
>>
>>341740221
There are underground caverns on certain planet types with different resources, you can blast into them and go sub surface exploring

Apparently the best resources are deeper in the planets, but so are more dangerous animals and other environmental issues (poison clouds, ect)
>>
>>341740190
>Yeah resort to insults
>See the post twat

Not only are you a pretentious cunt using buzzwords like canvas instead of actually explaining your dumbass statements, you're also unaware of your hypocritical nature. I love it. Keep going, I want to see how much more of a cunt you can be while shilling for this game.
>>
>>341740395
no ones gonna put that much effort into shitposting
>>
>>341740423
I too think its rubbish they didnt put in real multiplayer, but they dont look they are changing their minds on it. So its going to stay singleplayer.
>>
>>341740264
I'm no gamedev but if minecraft in shittily written java code can do it in real time I don't see why NMS wouldn't be able to.
>>
>>341739461
>hey guys I'm new!
>>
>>341740430
How is using a word that perfectly describes something pretentious, would the word background or map be less insulting to you? The fact you are getting so worked up over 1 word shows you are pretentious, not me.

No more replies for you, you're obviously just shitposting and trying to get a rise out of my so I wont give you the satisfaction anymore. I explained the game simple enough for a toddler to understand, if you cant grasp it its your own idiocy.
>>
>>341739574
How do you know?
>>
>>341735659
i only remember paid shills constantly making threads about that crap
>>
>>341740492
Really? Because it looks like there is plenty shitposting here already >>341740430
>>
>>341740608
>He keeps going and is still self aware

Keep going faggot. Next you'll tell me the game is like the Mona Lisa.
>>
>>341740505
Planets are re-calculated everytime you enter one, cancelling whatever happened there if you're not the cause of the modifications (otherwise the changes are saved on your machine).

Saving all changes would mean saving all the planets that were explored so far on servers. If they didn't do this in the first place it might be best to assume that there was something preventing them from doing it, as that probably wouldn't have been the hardest part.
>>
>>341740705
It would have to be saved on servers wouldn't it?

How else are they going to keep track of these "significant changes" that everyone can allegedly see?
>>
File: 1461309178170.jpg (396 KB, 856x1187) Image search: [Google]
1461309178170.jpg
396 KB, 856x1187
>Can't wait for the launch
>can't wait for a the salty hate from this site
>Cant wait for /v/ to shit on it
>Because indie games must be shit
>I CAN'T WAIT

still will enjoy it because you all suck and i remember that /v/ opinion just doen't matter
>>
>>341739939
>When you dig a hole and come back to it later it will still be there. It does stay original to any other people finding the planet however.
On one side it would be cool to leave a mark but on the other if everyone do this the whole planet will look like a swiss cheese with no species left. Probably the thinking process that went for the descision but you should be able to leave a mark that doesnt affect the planet.
>>
>>341740916
>Ten thousand blue planets later with the same dinosaurs

H-ha fuck you guys, I swear I'm having fun.
>>
>>341735659
Yeah I remember when I was excited for a walking simulator made by an indie company whose only previous experience is making shit-tier mobile games. Then the game got delayed 3 times, every demo was extremely underwhelming by any modern standard of excellence, and the only defining trait the game seems to have going for it is the buzz phrase of procedural generation (which stopped defining jack shit with Minecraft).
>>
>>341740916
>indie games must be shit
Noone ever said that.
>>
>>341740425
So it's basically 3d starbound without building?
>>
>>341740913
I really don't know what the "significant changes" are gonna be but anything of significance for the community couldn't possibly be restriced to one planet.

If it's about how one faction has gained more control over one part of the galaxy, this shouldn't be too much information for the servers to handle. I really don't think terrain modifications on planets will be what they call "significant".
>>
Devs have specifically showed the same few planets because they don't want to give anything out. That's why you've only seen the same dinosaurs in every video, because they've literally kept all the previews in the same three planets.
>>
>>341741004
> if everyone do this the whole planet will look like a swiss cheese
But their whole selling point for this game is unlimited planets/exploration. So what if one planet is made into swiss cheese? That would actually be quite interesting to explore in this, you know, exploration game?

There is no valid argument to not save the changes, other than it being technically impossible due to server load/storage.
>>
>>341740687
how did you misinterpret my post that badly? no ones going to spend hours watching videos so they can shitpost accurately
>>
I'm still hyped for it. It will be the first thing I try out with my RX480.
>>
>>341741137
There's crafting they've said, like you can upgrade and build new ships and weapons. It's reasonable to think that there will be building even if not at launch
>>
>>341741040
>Ten thousand blue planets later with the same dinosaurs

i wish i had more cinematic experience....... :( why is /v/ always right. Too bad i spend all my monthly pocket money on one game, too bad i'm too poor for other games, i only have this one. And i have to enjoy it right, because i said i'm hyped before, i cant lose my face here. I have to make a thread on /v/ to tell everyone that at least i have fun. Why is this so important, guys guys, please i CARE
>>
>living in a post-Spore world
>continuing to trust promises made by developers as to the scope and breadth of their unfinished product
>>
>>341741393
There is no real building.

You can construct different ships and modules, true, but you can't customize how your ship looks (space engineer style).

It's all premade ships, presumably always straight upgrades as you gather more valuable minerals.

Wasted potential to be honest. Building your own spacecraft could have been an amazing addition.
>>
File: SNN2033RR-682_737156a.jpg (51 KB, 682x400) Image search: [Google]
SNN2033RR-682_737156a.jpg
51 KB, 682x400
>>341735659
since /v/ is saying the game is shit it will probably be good
>>
>>341742017
/v/ is never wrong about these things though
>>
>>341741634
this is actually different though, they've gone out of their way to make sure they're only promising things they can deliver, the problem is there's just not much there
>>
>>341742198
>They can deliver
No, they cannot.

They promised an interesting exploration game, yet it looks like it will be samey-looking worlds with slightly different color palettes.

Of course we won't know for sure until release, but I'm really pessimistic after what I've seen thus far.

I actually want a good space exploration game but this doesn't seem to be it.
>>
>>341741004
>you should be able to leave a mark that doesnt affect the planet.
Well that's why they have the naming of things. You can name an entire planet, creatures on the planet, flora on the planet. They have also said early on that you'll also be able to name lakes, oceans, mountains, etc.
>>
No, I wasn't hyped because I'm not a gullible faggot who thinks that an entire universe is going to be fun to be in. Spoiler alert: It'll be boring as shit
>>
>>341742494
>You can name an entire planet, creatures on the planet, flora on the planet.
Oh great, looking really forward to the p3n1smen from planet V4g1Na
>>
>>341742437
>They promised an interesting exploration game
I mean, at that point it's just a matter of taste. I'm sure at least one person will find it interesting.
>>
>>341742637
Yes, I'm sure a few people will also have had a good chuckle when watching the news about the Orlando shooting. Just a matter of taste.

Doesn't mean they don't have a shit opinion.
>>
So when will they release it?
Cuz it already had like 2 delays

I am hyped for it, still i will not buy it on release day. After fucking Destiny, i'll never buy anything on release day again
>>
>>341743031
I agree, but if we're talking about not delivering on promises you can't really include something as subjective as "I don't think this looks interesting" on that list.
>>
>>341743210
Forget it
>>341742437
it the same "Different-color-pallet" retard that just makes and spams thread after thread on /v/ of how
HE HIMSELF JUST MAGICALLY KNOWS HOW THIS GAME WILL BE..
>>
>>341735659
Never was. Going to planets walking and gathering resources with nothing to do is boring
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.