[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went wrong ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8
File: garry's mod.png (93 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
garry's mod.png
93 KB, 2000x2000
what went wrong ?
>>
Autists
>>
>>341732278
Literally nothing.
>>
Preteens
>>
saw an stgggs vid last night and am considering reinstalling. Never gonna be the same, though.
>>
Ebin youtubers turning it into preteen fag central
>>
File: photo[1].jpg (36 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo[1].jpg
36 KB, 900x900
>>
>>341732278
entering into a server is almost impossible unless you accept to download 30gb of weeb anime player models
>>
You became older
>>
>>341732639
who is that guy ?
>>
Youtubers introduced young audiences to it.
>>
Lemonpunch.
>>
if you guys want some fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b1q5MP0A0Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE4a-IEKi9E
>>
>>341734157
vanoose
>>
it got old
>>
the average age of people who play it is 9
>>
>>341732278
Nothing in my opinion; I find it to be the perfect stress relief game.

Download a bunch of weapons and NPCs and go to town in single-player until you feel better or get bored and go play with your friends.
>>
I spent a LOT of time playing garrysmod even though i think most of it isnt very good.

right now i'm playing a lot of zombie survival on a server with the most depressing community ever
>>
Youtube fucked the community over.
All the kids wanted to pose ragdolls and play TTT, prophunt, and all of those other shit gamemodes.
I kind of wish I got into wire mod before the community went into the trash.
>>
It was always wrong. You have to have some type of autism to play this game.

Garrysmod.org and the toybox was great. They got rid of those so I don't care anymore.
>>
Literally, nothing, besides autistic 9 year olds joining the game.

I used to spent more than 10 hours per day just wiring shit up with wiremod and coding stuff with E2 with my buddy. Figuring shit out, wiring it up, making vehicles and battling it out, ballistic weapons, self navigated cars, etc.
>>
File: Modern Gmod.png (291 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Modern Gmod.png
291 KB, 1280x720
This bullshit.
>>
>tfw you can only make decent-looking, functional vehicles with expression2
>>
FNAF

>>341736387
this sums it up nicely
>>
>>341732278
>I'm gonna make VR only sequel to GMod :^)
Wonder how Jewman would react when people develope VR mods for GMod instead?
>>
>>341736387
>implying you can cancel at this point
Fuck the source engine, man
>>
DELETE THIS
>>
>>341736387
>joining the server.jpg
>>
File: 1465434091870.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1465434091870.gif
2 MB, 480x270
Literally nothing

You might get bored of it but you'll always, inevitably, come back.
>>
>>341732278
Nothing. It is still a fun game to play with friends...don't see what you mean.
>>
File: ADMIN ABUSE.png (1 MB, 1152x720) Image search: [Google]
ADMIN ABUSE.png
1 MB, 1152x720
>>341736461
>FNAF
It hit the shitter long before FNAF.
MLP was the first thing that sent GMod down the turd flume. I remember playing around 2012-2013 and how fucking insane the amount of MLP shit was.
I'm assuming that's what drew in the underage faggo crowd, and then they just stayed.
>>
>>341736387
This.

Give me 5 minutes alone with one of these swine-rats.
>>
>>341735681
does noxnet still exist

is that where you're playing
>>
Multiplayer
>Not playing Singleplayer and having cock fights using all your mods
>Not setting up cool Ragdoll scenes
>Not kicking the shit out of defenseless NPCs using all your weapon mods
>Not buildin shit
>>
>>341737454
Nox still exists, i think they added some objective stuff where you cant just stay in a barricade the whole game.

i dont go to nox though, i go to fearsome and HUG
>>
>>341736387
Why is Gmod a lightning rod for FNAF and MLP shit?
>>
Garrysmod racer was fun
>>
People born after 1994
>>
>>341732278
GMOD is fun for 5 minutes. at least I got paid for porting models from other games to source engine.
>>
>>341737902
>at least I got paid for porting models from other games to source engine

explain better
>>
File: 1465960400266.jpg (226 KB, 526x461) Image search: [Google]
1465960400266.jpg
226 KB, 526x461
>>341737164
Wrong, it was furfags yet again. Horsefuckers are just a more autistic furfags but it's always furfags.
IT'S ALWAYS FURFAGS.
Furfags are the Jews of the video game community except they're not remotely as intelligent and manipulative. Everyone has become so complacent of them now that it doesn't matter though.
>>
>>341737164
ADMIN ABUSE
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>341738012
importing a model from a video game (jedi knight) to 3dsmax. rigging it on valve's skeleton, writing a qc code (physics, ragdoll, etc.), and compiling it for HL2, so people can make stupid poses in GMOD. I got paid good, because people didn't know shit about source engine in the old days (and it was always broken).
>>
I haven't played in a while, but I liked using wiremod to make contraptions
>>
>>341738398
>importing a model from a video game (jedi knight)
Shit I always wanted to do this but I was too lazy.
>>
>>341737679
It's not a lightning rod for it, it's a lightning rod for that age group.
So, if we consider that people from 9 - 17 years of age play Garry's Mod the most, then we can easily imagine what kinds of Mods will be produced.
What things have been popular with the 9 - 17 age group?
FNAF, MLP, and Minecraft.
From that, people in those age groups, usually with little to no experience in modding or model making, will begin to start making mods for the things they enjoy most, which is usually one, if not all of the things listed above.
The lack of people with experience, results in poorly made models and mods, therefore, someone else will see it, and try to make something similar, only for their mod to still not be up to quality standards.
This means that the process will be continuously repeated as people will try to make a mod better than the last, while none of them ever succeed in creating a truly good one.
This results in the massive overflow of low quality mods, with only a small "cream" of good models and mods floating on the top, usually being made by people outside of the 9 - 17 age group, who have more experience.
>>
hello?
>>
>>341738578
it's never too late. the modding tools are much better now. one time, I got paid 100$ for porting three models from some sonic game. it took me less than 20 mins to port them.
>>
>>341738689
Its me...

I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet... To go over.... Everything
>>
>>341738994
So which software did you use besides 3ds max?
>>
>>341739281
cannonfodder's smd importer/exporter, notepad (for creating qc files), and command prompt (for compiling qc files). also photoshop for converting texture files (and notepad again for creating vmt files). you can use wall worm tools these days. it's easier to import/export/compile models with them.
>>
>>341732278
There's nothing wrong with the game itself, the game itself coupled with the community is fantastic. However a big part of the community includes screaming little kids, autists, weeks, furfags, and bronys along with Youtubers playing the game a ton to get those views.
>>
>>341739737
Yeah I installed wallworm a couple of months ago, I guess I might give it a try one of these days, thanks
>>
>>341738647
They almost never make actual mods though. They just spawn a ragdoll of an existing mod or something and upload it as a save or a dupe or something.

Uploading an actual mod needs knowledge of fucking command prompt which is beyond GMod kiddies.
>>
I remember the days when you could just take two fuckstrong pulleys and attach them in an 'x' formation on a ragdoll and crash servers. Shit was top tier cash to piss off lil kiddies
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.