[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you enjoy metal gear solid?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 3_thepatriots.jpg (103 KB, 599x310) Image search: [Google]
3_thepatriots.jpg
103 KB, 599x310
Do you enjoy metal gear solid?
>>
What a newfag fucking question.

It's literally one of the most talked about games on /v/.
>>
>>341717774
I really liked 4. It was fucking epic for me.
>>
yeah they're all great, more or less
>>
Meme series to be honest
>>
2 is a shit game.
>>
Overrated but good, mostly fun games. Some of the gameplay design is great, while some of it is baffling.

Side note: I don't know why Kojima gets so much praise. The games have campy, retarded story lines. Like one minute it's super serious, and the next you're kidnapping people with balloons.

But maybe that's the point and I just don't get it.
>>
Not really. I bought the Legacy collection for some reasons though.
>>
I like sneaking that shit

Some of the bosses can be challenging too without a guide.

I only played the first MGS though.
>>
>>341717774
The first one is only good one and shockingly only one with cohere t story and good boss fights. Amazing how they couldnt fix the horrible controls and camera over course of 5+ games.
>>
>>341719964
>But maybe that's the point and I just don't get it.

that's the point and you're close to getting it.
>>
>>341720537
i think it's funneh mixing seriousness with funniness. Like that time that dude was shitting and farting in a tin can.
>>
>>341720784
>i think it's funneh mixing seriousness with funniness. Like that time that dude was shitting and farting in a tin can.

the word you're looking for is juxtaposition

cognitive dissonance is also good
>>
>>341719251
4 was great.
>good gameplay
>interesting premise
>get to battle with a metal gear
>storyline is overcomplicated but basically makes sense
>that final fight
>>
>>341720948
>>341719251
>god tier gameplay in Acts 1 and 2. Act 3,4,5 get too much shit and are actually nicely fun to play if you give it a chance and fuck around with shit.
>great atmosphere, the semi cyberpunk aesthetics, the gunplay is great
>DEEPEST game in the whole series

The only problems 4 had was too many cutscenes and the lore fuck. Otherwise it's a great game along with the now long dead MGO.

And the briefing sessions where comfy.
>>
>>341721075
>act 3 was bad
Why do people say this? Stealthily going through a urban area was fun as hell. They should've thrown in some civilians though.

>deepest game
Eh, 2 was deeper.
>>
>>341721657
>>deepest game
>Eh, 2 was deeper.

I thought that too.

Until I read the numerous analysis, essays, videos on the themes of MGS4.

My world was forever changed. You soon, will learn the way, kid.
>>
>>341721759
Post sauce senpai
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.